LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » November 19th, 2017, 5:10 pm

I was planning on an imitation poultry tofu dish.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 19th, 2017, 7:57 pm

gadzooks wrote:
windsor wrote:1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
1 (8.5 ounce) package corn bread mix Add all ingredients to list

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a mixing bowl, stir together the sour cream, butter, creamed corn, corn niblets, and corn muffin mix.
Pour into a casserole dish or 9-inch baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until set.
I make this, though with the addition of an egg, which makes it hold together a little better, IMO. Good shit, Maynard.
That's an excellent addition to this recipe, I'm gonna try that this year.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 19th, 2017, 8:03 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I was planning on an imitation poultry tofu dish.
And on the other end of the spectrum, I spent a couple of hours today carving turkeys. The dogs in the House of Windsor are raw fed. This time of year organic turkey is quite reasonably priced to. I bought several and cut them up and frozen 1.5 lbs packs of meat and bone. I get organic because they are not self basting so they haven't been injected with broth and seasoning.
Jester, my big lab, enjoyed a Turkey wing as part of his dinner tonight. Tyler, the practically perfect puppy, add a Turkey neck as part of his.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » November 20th, 2017, 11:31 am

There will be only 4 people at my house for Thanksgiving. I'm roasting a turkey (10 lbs) and having stuffing, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, and a can of jellied cranberry sauce. Steamed broccoli is a Thanksgiving tradition at my house going back to when the kids were little and it was the only vegetable they would eat. My husband likes jellied cranberry sauce from a can.

That's it. No pies, no cornbread, no green bean casserole, no sweet potato casserole. I have decided I'm not cooking up all the extras that nobody is going to eat. No, my boys don't like pumpkin pie. My husband likes apple pie, but he will only eat one piece then I'll have the rest and I don't want that this year. Maybe I'll bake a cake. Or brownies. Maybe.

OK, I might get some "brown-n-serve" dinner rolls.

I'm running a race at 8am Thanksgiving morning.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 20th, 2017, 11:50 am

We are going to my cousin's house in Oak Ridge. Cousin Ricky will deep fry a turkey, his wife's family will do the sides, and cousin Terrie will make a glorious cake with no calories. =))

Our contribution is yeast rolls. From a freezer bag. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 20th, 2017, 4:10 pm

My two oldest sons will be in Cameron tonight. They are both down visiting the grandparents for Thanksgiving.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 21st, 2017, 11:40 am

I am going to friends, as I do every year. In addition to the corn casserole (without which I would not be admitted to the festivities) I will bring Wine.

There should be about 30 people. I have no Cathy (the hostess) since we were in third grade. They are Framily.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 23rd, 2017, 5:46 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I was planning on an imitation poultry tofu dish.
That was my lead in to post a link to tofucken. I didn't get that done...
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 24th, 2017, 9:04 pm

Well, color me totally surprised. I went to the grocery store at halftime. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 25th, 2017, 9:16 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Well, color me totally surprised. I went to the grocery store at halftime. :9f:
I almost texted Lavabe to ask him to go wash dishes. Will you to the grocery store be the replacement to his kitchen cleaning?
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 25th, 2017, 10:33 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Well, color me totally surprised. I went to the grocery store at halftime. :9f:
I almost texted Lavabe to ask him to go wash dishes. Will you to the grocery store be the replacement to his kitchen cleaning?
Lavabe was too busy eating, wringing his hands and pacing the floor of a rehearsal dinner we were at last PM as we followed the game on espn ;) . I guess he could have volunteered to clear the tables and wash the dishes as all the guests finished their food. =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 25th, 2017, 4:34 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
It would so appear. Christmas tree shopping seems to work for football, since that is what we did in the second half today. I’m happy to say we got a nice tree and a nice wreath and made it home in time for Mark Gilbert’s pick. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 26th, 2017, 7:57 am

Does anybody have a good stuffing recipe? I have an old family recipe from my great grandmother that's amazing.

5 pkg ground bob evans original sausage (in the white tubes)
1 lb bag of pepperidge farm herb seaoned stuffing (bread crumbs basically)
3-4 bunches of celery
2-3 bunches regular leaf parsley
2 bunches green onions
1 orange bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
Garlic (dried or fresh) to taste
Salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste

Cook sausage in pan(s). Snack on sausage when done. I like packing some into the homemade yeast rolls my wife makes the day before. I hollow out the roll to make a little pocket. Yum.
Wash veggies and remove stems from parsley. I just rip with my hands. Cut ends off celery. Rip celery in half backwards to pull off some of the strings. Discard strings. Toss leaves too.
Cut peppers into quarters and remove seeds and white innards with spoon. Discard innards and seeds.
Remove both ends of green onions.
Lay veggies on paper towels to dry for a while.
For next step, we used to use a food grinder but it died, so we started using the food processor. Either way, run everything through. For food processor, pulse until finely chooped but don't puree it. Just break up the big pieces of bread crumbs, don't turn it to dust. I like to throw the celery in a separate bowl, shove the celery to one side, tip it, and use a few paper towels to sop up the extra liquid so the stuffing isn't too wet. Then mix everything together in a huge bowl with a big spoon, add garlic, salt and pepper. Stuff it in the bird and cook the turkey. Any left can be cooked in a covered casserole dish for one hour at 350 at the end, then mixed in with the stuff that comes out of the turkey right before dinner.
It's awesome hot on Thanksgiving. It's AMAZING cold on the post turkey day sandwich!
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 26th, 2017, 8:43 am

I apparently undercooked my Jimmy Dean sausage on Thanksgiving day. It had repercussions.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 26th, 2017, 11:07 am

Sounds amazing, Bjornolf. Damn, Ymo, that sucks :( I hope you have recovered.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 26th, 2017, 5:48 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I apparently undercooked my Jimmy Dean sausage on Thanksgiving day. It had repercussions.
Ah shoot man, sorry about that.
:obscene-tolietcrapper:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 26th, 2017, 6:08 pm

bjornolf wrote:Does anybody have a good stuffing recipe? I have an old family recipe from my great grandmother that's amazing.

5 pkg ground bob evans original sausage (in the white tubes)
1 lb bag of pepperidge farm herb seaoned stuffing (bread crumbs basically)
3-4 bunches of celery
2-3 bunches regular leaf parsley
2 bunches green onions
1 orange bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
Garlic (dried or fresh) to taste
Salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste

Cook sausage in pan(s). Snack on sausage when done. I like packing some into the homemade yeast rolls my wife makes the day before. I hollow out the roll to make a little pocket. Yum.
Wash veggies and remove stems from parsley. I just rip with my hands. Cut ends off celery. Rip celery in half backwards to pull off some of the strings. Discard strings. Toss leaves too.
Cut peppers into quarters and remove seeds and white innards with spoon. Discard innards and seeds.
Remove both ends of green onions.
Lay veggies on paper towels to dry for a while.
For next step, we used to use a food grinder but it died, so we started using the food processor. Either way, run everything through. For food processor, pulse until finely chooped but don't puree it. Just break up the big pieces of bread crumbs, don't turn it to dust. I like to throw the celery in a separate bowl, shove the celery to one side, tip it, and use a few paper towels to sop up the extra liquid so the stuffing isn't too wet. Then mix everything together in a huge bowl with a big spoon, add garlic, salt and pepper. Stuff it in the bird and cook the turkey. Any left can be cooked in a covered casserole dish for one hour at 350 at the end, then mixed in with the stuff that comes out of the turkey right before dinner.
It's awesome hot on Thanksgiving. It's AMAZING cold on the post turkey day sandwich!
Sounds really good. I make like my mom did except I do use Pepperidge Farm.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 26th, 2017, 6:14 pm

Some of you may have seen on FB, Max killed a deer for us Thanksgiving evening. He loves to hunt. He and his girlfriend, her sister and father hunted Thanksgiving morning be for he came up here. They got a bunch of mallard ducks. Talk about having things in common. I like it.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 26th, 2017, 7:46 pm

I've been spending a lot of time over yonder...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 26th, 2017, 7:47 pm

Due to the undercookednesx, I did throw a lot of food out.