LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » August 10th, 2009, 7:14 am

CellR wrote:Anyone who follows the Premier League: Check out Premier Fantasy on ESPN! Join the DBR league!
Couldn't find it. Got a link?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » August 10th, 2009, 8:00 am

Posted it in the futbol thread for you.
Class of 2014
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 10th, 2009, 8:16 am

CathyCA wrote:It's a board with a U-shaped cutout.
I was thinking: fancy, hand-crafted toilet seat? ;)

%%-
Last edited by bjornolf on August 10th, 2009, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 10th, 2009, 8:21 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
craziecat wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:I had a Caprese salad for dinner. Basil and tomatoes from my back yard. I used the Jelly Bean tomatoes.
Man I wish I could grow a garden. Back yard all shade and I can't grow shit back there. Have you ever tried just growing herbs in just a pot? Stouid question I know, but thought I would as just the same :D
Yes - I have rosemary and mint growing in a pot now. Have also planted a strawberry pot with herbs in the past - thyme, oregano, etc. Mint in a pot is a good idea as it tends to spread rapidly - so if you plant it in the ground, you will be cutting it back/pulling it out forever.
As opposed to some here who have pot growing in their rosemary and mint? ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 10th, 2009, 8:25 am

For whoever was looking for a Nikon D90: You can get a D90 on ebay with two lenses and a starter kit for $979 on ebay from the guys that sold me my d60. They were pretty good. Got here with no problems. They also offer an extended warranty if you want it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-D90-DIGITAL-S ... 95.c0.m299

They're a power seller with almost 1300 sales on ebay and 99.6% satisfaction. It's a brand new, still sealed box. They got it to me fast. Even though shipping's free, they did charge me $20 for insurance on the shipping, but I figured it was worth it for that. Might be worth checking out anyway. Plus, you don't pay sales tax if you don't live in New York. They forgot to upgrade my battery like I paid for, but when I called them back, they were very apologetic and sent me the upgraded battery and told me to keep the other one. I got it two days later.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 10th, 2009, 9:15 am

Lavabe wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:4 - 8, on the way to 10 - 8 :D
Hopefully that means the rest of the country won't have to watch any more games in this meaningless series. Maybe we'll actually get to see games between teams that are closer together in the standings... Like maybe Boston and Texas, or maybe Atlanta and SF.
That's like wanting to see games between, um, Virginia and Clemson. Except for the locals, who cares? :o :o :o ;) :D =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 10th, 2009, 9:25 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:That's like wanting to see games between, um, Virginia and Clemson. Except for the locals, who cares? :o :o :o ;) :D =))
Are you kidding me, Ozzie? Virginia - Clemson is ACC!!!! I'll always watch an ACC game, given the opportunity. In basketball that is. Granted, I wouldn't be too interested in Virginia-Clemson in football. I am however proud to say that I watched every minute of the 6 OT games between Syracuse and UConn this past spring. Boeheim has won me over (mostly because of his friendship with Coach K) and I'll root for Syracuse against any other Big East team (or any non-ACC team). With the exception of 'you-know-who', I always root for ACC versus non-ACC. And no, I can't watch a game of any kind without eventually rooting for one of the teams. It's in my nature.

That said, a Brewers-Nats game? I'll pass, thanks. But I think the Braves are still in contention so, worth watching. Although I've got a feeling this isn't the Red Sox year, I'm not writing them off just yet. There is always a silver lining though, a few more losses and I could probably head to Fenway for a mid-week non-Yankees game and get the kids into the bleachers for under $100. I've done it before. The kids love me when I do that.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 10th, 2009, 9:27 am

I've got loge box seats for closing day at Fenway this year. I love going to closing day, bittersweet, and usually cold and rainy. My first time ever at Fenway was closing day 1987. Clemens pitched a 3-hitter for his 20th win and struck out 14 to secure his 2nd consecutive Cy Young Award.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 10th, 2009, 9:27 am

Bostondevil wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:That's like wanting to see games between, um, Virginia and Clemson. Except for the locals, who cares? :o :o :o ;) :D =))
Are you kidding me, Ozzie? Virginia - Clemson is ACC!!!! I'll always watch an ACC game, given the opportunity. In basketball that is. Granted, I wouldn't be too interested in Virginia-Clemson in football. I am however proud to say that I watched every minute of the 6 OT games between Syracuse and UConn this past spring. Boeheim has won me over (mostly because of his friendship with Coach K) and I'll root for Syracuse against any other Big East team (or any non-ACC team). With the exception of 'you-know-who', I always root for ACC versus non-ACC. And no, I can't watch a game of any kind without eventually rooting for one of the teams. It's in my nature.

That said, a Brewers-Nats game? I'll pass, thanks. But I think the Braves are still in contention so, worth watching. Although I've got a feeling this isn't the Red Sox year, I'm not writing them off just yet. There is always a silver lining though, a few more losses and I could probably head to Fenway for a mid-week non-Yankees game and get the kids into the bleachers for under $100. I've done it before. The kids love me when I do that.
Hey, don't look now, but the Nats are on a big winning streak. For them, that is. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 10th, 2009, 9:27 am

Roger Clemens is responsible for me becoming a Red Sox fan in the first place.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 10th, 2009, 9:28 am

I hate Roger Clemens.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 10th, 2009, 9:28 am

But I didn't used to.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 10th, 2009, 9:28 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:4 - 8, on the way to 10 - 8 :D
Hopefully that means the rest of the country won't have to watch any more games in this meaningless series. Maybe we'll actually get to see games between teams that are closer together in the standings... Like maybe Boston and Texas, or maybe Atlanta and SF.
That's like wanting to see games between, um, Virginia and Clemson. Except for the locals, who cares? :o :o :o ;) :D =))
I think our resident pirate moderator MIGHT have something to say about this response. :ar!

Walk the plank, Ozzie! :ar!

Off with his head! :ar!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 10th, 2009, 11:28 am

Lavabe wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Lavabe wrote: Hopefully that means the rest of the country won't have to watch any more games in this meaningless series. Maybe we'll actually get to see games between teams that are closer together in the standings... Like maybe Boston and Texas, or maybe Atlanta and SF.
I think our resident pirate moderator MIGHT have something to say about this response. :ar!

Walk the plank, Ozzie! :ar!

Off with his head! :ar!
I was just trying to pick a couple of "second tier, smaller market" teams with a smaller fan base to use as an example.

And why would our resident pirate moderator be upset with UVA and Clemson? :?: I didn't say ECU.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Shammrog
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Shammrog » August 10th, 2009, 12:26 pm

I have a bit of a headache today.
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 10th, 2009, 12:27 pm

Anyone else get headaches?
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 10th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Carolina fans give me a headache.
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 10th, 2009, 12:33 pm

471 = 157 * 3!
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 10th, 2009, 12:34 pm

What do you all take for headaches anyway?
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 10th, 2009, 12:34 pm

I usually take Advil.