LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 17th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Hope you are taking care of yourself, VDB. It's strange how one day at this age you sit down and think, "I'll just take a minute here" only to realize you just can't get up again!! It can come out of the blue. I know the last round of occasions I had to rise to really did a number on me and aged me about ten years all at once. This old gray mare ain't what she used to be all of a sudden.

We still have the best tailgates ahead of us so we gotta be in shape to enjoy them. Let's be careful out there.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 18th, 2017, 12:42 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Hope you are taking care of yourself, VDB. It's strange how one day at this age you sit down and think, "I'll just take a minute here" only to realize you just can't get up again!! It can come out of the blue. I know the last round of occasions I had to rise to really did a number on me and aged me about ten years all at once. This old gray mare ain't what she used to be all of a sudden.

We still have the best tailgates ahead of us so we gotta be in shape to enjoy them. Let's be careful out there.

Love, Ima
I am imagine. We got to the lake yesterday. That's the best therapy for me. Yes, I have slowed down. I can't do what I use too. :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 18th, 2017, 12:49 pm

I now have internet at my disposal. I got my jetpack up and running. So far I like it. It's also very economical, 10.00 a month. I will probably have to up the data as now it only has 2 gigs.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 19th, 2017, 5:39 pm

I love being at the lake. My latest enjoyment has been watching the red fox family, a mom and three young ones. They are beautiful. Watching them play is a joy.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 20th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Im watching Duke and Ohio St. Lacrosse game. Is is down 9 to 5. Go Duke! :duke:
M
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 20th, 2017, 2:06 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Im watching Duke and Ohio St. Lacrosse game. Is is down 9 to 5. Go Duke! :duke:
M
This thing is headed nowhere. They're young and have run into a fabulous defensive team. Looking forward to next year.
Love, Ima
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 21st, 2017, 7:49 pm

Wow. No posts since early this morning. We must all have lives or something. :9f:

VDB and Ima, prayers and vibes for you both and your families. We love you guys.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 21st, 2017, 11:07 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Wow. No posts since early this morning. We must all have lives or something. :9f:

VDB and Ima, prayers and vibes for you both and your families. We love you guys.
Thank you. :ymhug:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 25th, 2017, 1:52 pm

I just experienced another stark reminder of why I use and respect the "ignore" button here and the "unfollow" button on FB. 8-}

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 25th, 2017, 5:53 pm

Talked with Niece Elizabeth today. She and boyfriend Max are driving from PA to Atlanta. They were just getting back on the road after a brief stop to see Duke. Didn't spend a lot of time but saw a few parts of it. Smart girl.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 27th, 2017, 2:53 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Talked with Niece Elizabeth today. She and boyfriend Max are driving from PA to Atlanta. They were just getting back on the road after a brief stop to see Duke. Didn't spend a lot of time but saw a few parts of it. Smart girl.
Given the time of year, I would think they would want to head the other direction(from south to north).
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 27th, 2017, 5:40 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Talked with Niece Elizabeth today. She and boyfriend Max are driving from PA to Atlanta. They were just getting back on the road after a brief stop to see Duke. Didn't spend a lot of time but saw a few parts of it. Smart girl.
Given the time of year, I would think they would want to head the other direction(from south to north).
Boyfriend Max has a summer internship in Atlanta. Niece Elizabeth will be studying in Jordan for 8 weeks.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 28th, 2017, 6:33 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
Not everyone hates hot humid summer weather, Ymo. As long as it's air conditioned and cool inside! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 28th, 2017, 4:22 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
Not everyone hates hot humid summer weather, Ymo. As long as it's air conditioned and cool inside! :9f:
Yes, but I can do air conditioned and cool inside any where(that has air conditioning). Having it not humid and warm would be nice.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 31st, 2017, 9:41 pm

Okay, no more whining about the weather.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 5th, 2017, 9:44 am

Nice news today from Davidson College. With only THREE scholarship players, their baseball team defeated the UNC cheaters twice this weekend to win the regionals. Way to go Wildcats! ^:)^
Love, Ima
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 5th, 2017, 9:58 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Nice news today from Davidson College. With only THREE scholarship players, their baseball team defeated the UNC cheaters twice this weekend to win the regionals. Way to go Wildcats! ^:)^
Love, Ima
That's the best news for a Monday I have seen in a LONG time. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » June 5th, 2017, 10:23 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Nice news today from Davidson College. With only THREE scholarship players, their baseball team defeated the UNC cheaters twice this weekend to win the regionals. Way to go Wildcats! ^:)^
Love, Ima
That's the best news for a Monday I have seen in a LONG time. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
I'll second this! Good job, Wildcats!
Life is good!
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » June 5th, 2017, 10:25 am

Love, Ima
WTG Wildcats!
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 5th, 2017, 4:23 pm

IowaDevil wrote:
Love, Ima
WTG Wildcats!
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
My cousin Al played baseball for Davidson back in the early 1980s. His dad (my Uncle Al) played baseball for UNC back in the late 1950s. Uncle Al played in the college world series in 1960. It's time for my cousin Al to enjoy Davidson Baseball's day in the sun!

Go, Wildcats!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith