Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 15th, 2017, 8:46 am

Shorts for me today also.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » April 15th, 2017, 10:54 am

Shorts here on glorious Emerald Isle B-) LIfe is good :)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 18th, 2017, 9:34 am

Here's a fun little postscript for everyone. I chatted yesterday with the biopharma collaborator from my former job, to discuss our consulting deal. He had just returned from an all expenses paid trip to Sweden, where he was an invited speaker for Road Runner. He got the inside scoop while he was there: everyone has already figured her out, and she is universally hated. They have figured out that she doesn't know anything, so she is basically just a figurehead. He said her office is "a converted broom closet at the end of the hallway, with no windows." I asked if her broom was hanging in there too.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 18th, 2017, 10:05 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Here's a fun little postscript for everyone. I chatted yesterday with the biopharma collaborator from my former job, to discuss our consulting deal. He had just returned from an all expenses paid trip to Sweden, where he was an invited speaker for Road Runner. He got the inside scoop while he was there: everyone has already figured her out, and she is universally hated. They have figured out that she doesn't know anything, so she is basically just a figurehead. He said her office is "a converted broom closet at the end of the hallway, with no windows." I asked if her broom was hanging in there too.

Well, was it? Inquiring minds want to know!
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 18th, 2017, 11:57 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Here's a fun little postscript for everyone. I chatted yesterday with the biopharma collaborator from my former job, to discuss our consulting deal. He had just returned from an all expenses paid trip to Sweden, where he was an invited speaker for Road Runner. He got the inside scoop while he was there: everyone has already figured her out, and she is universally hated. They have figured out that she doesn't know anything, so she is basically just a figurehead. He said her office is "a converted broom closet at the end of the hallway, with no windows." I asked if her broom was hanging in there too.

Well, was it? Inquiring minds want to know!
He didn't get to look inside. The door was always closed. Said she wasn't even there most of the time. She recently purchased an "estate" in the country and spends most of her time there.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 18th, 2017, 1:54 pm

So, the Swedes are much more perceptive?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 18th, 2017, 2:42 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:So, the Swedes are much more perceptive?
LOL! I guess so. Except - I think she has been there about as long as she was here before I figured her out. The true crazy came out slightly after that.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 18th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Pass the towel. I need to wipe the tea off my keyboard.

Good thing I switched to unsweet or I would have an army of ants tomorrow. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 19th, 2017, 3:57 pm

...wonder if she will get run out of town and have to go someplace else.

So - who will WEC and WEC Wife have as there instrument lackey now that you are gone?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 19th, 2017, 9:31 pm

windsor wrote:
...wonder if she will get run out of town and have to go someplace else.

So - who will WEC and WEC Wife have as there instrument lackey now that you are gone?
I don't know. They are so far off my radar screen now. I'm pretty busy trying to get things up and running here. I'm just happy they are someone else's problem now.

I think it is only a matter of time before RR has to leave her current job. As long as she isn't where I am, we are all good. It's going to get more and more difficult for her to hide her lack of knowledge of the work she is claiming to have done.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 19th, 2017, 11:18 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:It's going to get more and more difficult for her to hide her lack of knowledge of the work she is claiming to have done.
Interesting that interviewers can't tell that in the interview. I could tell you about the person and the capabilities of the organization they were currently in after 4-5 questions.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 20th, 2017, 8:50 am

My brother is back in ICU. His oxygen level has decreased a lot. Also when he stands up, his blood pressure drops a lot. He has fallen down 5 times in the last two days. It doesn't look good. All we can do is pray.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 20th, 2017, 9:52 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:My brother is back in ICU. His oxygen level has decreased a lot. Also when he stands up, his blood pressure drops a lot. He has fallen down 5 times in the last two days. It doesn't look good. All we can do is pray.
I'm praying for your brother and his medical team and for YOU, VDB!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 20th, 2017, 10:10 am

CathyCA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:My brother is back in ICU. His oxygen level has decreased a lot. Also when he stands up, his blood pressure drops a lot. He has fallen down 5 times in the last two days. It doesn't look good. All we can do is pray.

Adding in my prayers. :ymhug:
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 20th, 2017, 12:08 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Me too. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 20th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Thanks. Jimmy's oxygen level has been raised from 2 to 30. It's not good. Bud is going to try to speak to someone on his medical team this evening to get the full story.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 23rd, 2017, 7:54 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Sending prayers!
-- Albert Einstein
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » April 23rd, 2017, 8:12 am

Sending vibes and prayers to you and yours, VDB!! :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 23rd, 2017, 8:29 am

Thanks Sereec.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 24th, 2017, 4:49 pm

Vibrating away here on the hump, VDB. Any word? Did Bud get any info that was helpful?
Love Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe