More Vibes Please...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

More Vibes Please...

Post by bjornolf » March 6th, 2017, 10:04 am

Sorry to bother y'all again, but the prayers and vibes worked so well for me, thought I'd ask for some more. Our french bulldog, Iggy, who's a jumper (5' vertical), and climber, fell on his back over the weekend. He seemed fine, but the next morning our daughter came in crying at 5 am that Iggy couldn't move his back legs (he sleeps with her every night). He was just dragging them around like a seal. So pitiful for such an active dog. Anyway, he ruptured three disks in his back and they were compressing his spine. We got him in to the vet, then to a neurologist, then to the operating table withing 8 hours. $10k later, he is resting comfortably but hasn't started moving his legs yet. Doctors are feeling positive about it though. Anyway, if we could pray and vibe that Iggy will make a full recovery, I'd appreciate it. He's Katie's whole world, and I couldn't stand the thought of seeing my little 8 year old girl's heart crushed. :O3

On top of it all, both my boys came down with strep this week. Ugh. When it rains, it pours. Let's cross our fingers that nothing happens to my wife, as she's the only one yet to be hit with SOMETHING these last two weeks.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: More Vibes Please...

Post by DukePA » March 6th, 2017, 10:16 am

bjornolf wrote:Sorry to bother y'all again, but the prayers and vibes worked so well for me, thought I'd ask for some more. Our french bulldog, Iggy, who's a jumper (5' vertical), and climber, fell on his back over the weekend. He seemed fine, but the next morning our daughter came in crying at 5 am that Iggy couldn't move his back legs (he sleeps with her every night). He was just dragging them around like a seal. So pitiful for such an active dog. Anyway, he ruptured three disks in his back and they were compressing his spine. We got him in to the vet, then to a neurologist, then to the operating table withing 8 hours. $10k later, he is resting comfortably but hasn't started moving his legs yet. Doctors are feeling positive about it though. Anyway, if we could pray and vibe that Iggy will make a full recovery, I'd appreciate it. He's Katie's whole world, and I couldn't stand the thought of seeing my little 8 year old girl's heart crushed. :O3

On top of it all, both my boys came down with strep this week. Ugh. When it rains, it pours. Let's cross our fingers that nothing happens to my wife, as she's the only one yet to be hit with SOMETHING these last two weeks.
Oh no :( Sending the biggest, baddest vibes ever. The fact that Iggy could move immediately after the injury is very encouraging. Hoping the kids break the strep-recovery time record!!! (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 6th, 2017, 10:33 am

Vibes to Iggy from Tejas.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 6th, 2017, 10:54 am

Vibes for Iggy.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 6th, 2017, 12:09 pm

Vibes for Iggy. Poor little guy, and poor little Katie.

Hope the boys feel better soon as well.
Iron Duke #1471997.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » March 7th, 2017, 6:17 am

Vibes to the whole bjornolf clan!! :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 7th, 2017, 7:38 am

Vibes for Iggie. Hoping he is getting better. Our pets are such a wonderful part of our family. It really hurts when something happens to them.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 7th, 2017, 1:39 pm

bjornolf wrote:Sorry to bother y'all again, but the prayers and vibes worked so well for me, thought I'd ask for some more. Our french bulldog, Iggy, who's a jumper (5' vertical), and climber, fell on his back over the weekend. He seemed fine, but the next morning our daughter came in crying at 5 am that Iggy couldn't move his back legs (he sleeps with her every night). He was just dragging them around like a seal. So pitiful for such an active dog. Anyway, he ruptured three disks in his back and they were compressing his spine. We got him in to the vet, then to a neurologist, then to the operating table withing 8 hours. $10k later, he is resting comfortably but hasn't started moving his legs yet. Doctors are feeling positive about it though. Anyway, if we could pray and vibe that Iggy will make a full recovery, I'd appreciate it. He's Katie's whole world, and I couldn't stand the thought of seeing my little 8 year old girl's heart crushed. :O3

I totally missed this yesterday. A good friends mini poodle had the same surgery about two weeks ago - and now the problem is keeping her quite (the dog, not the friend) as she is feeling fine and moving well. Massive vibes for a quick recovery for Iggy.

Bonus vibes for the boys - strep sucks - hope they are on the mend!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 8th, 2017, 7:47 am

Lordy Lordy!!!! I DOES pour! This is tough. This will be a long recovery and rehab. He must have been in some awful pain. Love and vibes on the way from all of us here and from Dreamer, Reagan, and Rowdy too.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » March 8th, 2017, 8:45 am

Big time vibes to the whole Bjornolf household! Yikes, you guys deserve a break there! :wizard:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 10th, 2017, 8:34 am

Sending vibes! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 11th, 2017, 3:23 pm

How is it coming along at the Bjornolf's? We need an update. Still vibing during every timeout!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 22nd, 2017, 5:13 pm

Thanks for all the vibes. Iggy is doing well but still not able to use his back legs much. Gets around fine though. Still hopeful that he'll regain use.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 22nd, 2017, 6:55 pm

Vibes and prayers for Iggie and the boys. Harley sends get well barks. My heart goes out to all of you. Also extra vibes for you and the vet bill. What a whopper but I would do the same thing.