Prayers and vibes continue for all.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: New Vibe Request

Post by DukePA » January 2nd, 2017, 5:34 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:How is everything progressing in Richmond, VDB? Sarah had a setback yesterday but seems to be improving again today. I'm sure it was CTN vibes that got that fever back down!

Keep us posted on your fam.
Love, Ima
Shirley is in rehab. Her spirits are good. I went this past Thursday. I took 12 meals for the freezer. I took my brother to the bank and grocery store. Did as much as I could for him. Then I visited Shirley. DukePa went yesterday. She attended the five day meeting at the facility this morning. She will go back home today. Everything is going as well as it can be expected.

I so glad to hear Sarah is doing better. Pray it continues. :ymhug: y
Things are looking a little better in Richmond. My cousin was in from Maryland and is holding on by focusing on helping her parents. Uncle Jimmy is showing some improvement from pneumonia while Aunt Shirley is working hard in rehab and fortunately is in no pain. We met with a contractor today to have a wheelchair ramp installed and figured out where to put a handicap-accessible bathroom in their house. Now we just need to hear from Aunt Shirley's medical team. Hopefully the surgery took care of the cancer, but I will feel better if there is some imaging to rule out metastatic disease.

I hope DukeRah is feeling better as well as anyone else in need of CTN vibes. Hang in there, everyone! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 4th, 2017, 9:59 am

I'm happy to report that Kip is in a regular room now. Still on oxygen and having breathing troubles but not as bad as it was. He has been more active. Please keep the prayers and vibes and hugs heading their way - It has been a tough spell for them and they can use all the support they can get from near and far.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 4th, 2017, 10:02 am

VDB and DukePA - I'm glad to hear things are a bit better in Richmond. Prayers continue for Shirley and Jimmy. They are so fortunate to have caring family to help them out. Hugs to the two of you, also.

:ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard:
Life is good!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 4th, 2017, 10:30 pm

One step at a time everybody. Kudos to all those pitching in. I know you are making a big difference and that it's appreciated bunches. Those meals on wheels and architectural modifications, etc will go a long way to getting your loved ones past this awful turn of events.

Of course, the performance by the Blue Devils who decided that enough was enough, got their act together and smothered Georgia Tech tonight was a real mood lifter, too!!!

DukeRah is still at UNC Hospital since they found another culture was growing something. Keeping the faith, though. Her care there is excellent, truly excellent. They're even keeping consult with her Duke Primary Care doc. See? We CAN all get along after all!!!

Holding you all in my heart and still vibrating away!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 5th, 2017, 10:18 am

Sending vibes and prayers to all that need them !!!!

:wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 6th, 2017, 9:33 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I'm happy to report that Kip is in a regular room now. Still on oxygen and having breathing troubles but not as bad as it was. He has been more active. Please keep the prayers and vibes and hugs heading their way - It has been a tough spell for them and they can use all the support they can get from near and far.
That's promising. :wizard: :YMPRAY:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 9th, 2017, 10:21 pm

Quick report from our crises center. Rah is still in Memorial and will be there for two more weeks on a central line getting a new antibiotic. Her cultures had grown an assortment of junk.

Pain has lessened and she hasn't had the fever and chills in a couple of days. What a relief. She's actually feeling well enough to get bored!!!

Still vibing for the rest of you handling more than your share at the start of the new year. Keep your wits about you and breathe. You can do this!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 9th, 2017, 11:26 pm

I'm sorry she is going to be there for so long but glad she is feeling well enough to be bored.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 9th, 2017, 11:30 pm

I'm happy to report that Kip has come home. He will be under "house arrest" for a while but ti is much more comfortable to be home.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 10th, 2017, 7:42 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Quick report from our crises center. Rah is still in Memorial and will be there for two more weeks on a central line getting a new antibiotic. Her cultures had grown an assortment of junk.

Pain has lessened and she hasn't had the fever and chills in a couple of days. What a relief. She's actually feeling well enough to get bored!!!

Still vibing for the rest of you handling more than your share at the start of the new year. Keep your wits about you and breathe. You can do this!
Love, Ima
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 10th, 2017, 8:21 am

Good news DINK. I know Kip is very happy to be home.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 10th, 2017, 8:27 am

Ima, praying Rah continues in getting back to her normal. Bless her and all of you.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 10th, 2017, 10:49 am

Ima I am so happy to hear Rah is well enough to be bored! That's progress for sure! Here's to more positive progress. Hugs to all of you! :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 10th, 2017, 10:56 am

Let's hear it for boredom! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: Seriously, I'm continuing to vibe and pray for DukeRah, and I hope that those pesky microbes vanish forever!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 10th, 2017, 12:06 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Quick report from our crises center. Rah is still in Memorial and will be there for two more weeks on a central line getting a new antibiotic. Her cultures had grown an assortment of junk.

Love, Ima
Vibes to DukeRah. Boredom is good!!!!!
Iron Duke #1471997.