No Re-Entry Policy

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: No Re-Entry Policy

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 18th, 2016, 7:44 am

CathyCA wrote:The no-bag/no re-entry policy is a brilliant way to encourage the student body to attend Duke football games.

</sarcasm>

:9f:
Don't the students show their ID to get into games?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 18th, 2016, 10:06 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
August West wrote:Has anyone heard anything back from the powers that be at Duke concerning our complaints about the new security policies for football? Just curious. AW. :D
Crickets
Bet they aren't allowed, either.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
dpslaw
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by dpslaw » August 25th, 2016, 8:14 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
August West wrote:Has anyone heard anything back from the powers that be at Duke concerning our complaints about the new security policies for football? Just curious. AW. :D
Crickets
Bet they aren't allowed, either.
Even if they're allowed, they can't re-enter.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 27th, 2016, 1:09 pm

What kind of bag or string bag can we bring in????

How are you suppose to carry your cushion, towel, binoculars, lady items, sunglasses, kleenex, gum, mints, lipstick, money and Credit/debit card , Duke Pom Poms and anything else small.

Cargo Pants with many pockets????? And No re-entry????

Does Duke want folks to attend Football games????
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 2nd, 2016, 9:06 pm

Mom got a call from Jack Winters today in response to her earlier telephone convo with one of the people in the Iron Dukes office. In a nutshell, Mom told him that it would be nice to have a "TSA Pre-check" line for the Iron Dukes, and that she thought it would be nice if she was able to bring in a purse with all of her stuff (including feminine products, although she laughed and told him, "At my age, I'd probably need Depends instead of Tampax.")

His response: "We are expecting 40,000 people at the football game. It would take us six hours to screen all of those people if they brought in bags."

Mom's response: "Well, your security people looked in our bags last year, and it didn't take them six hours to do it." She also told him that she is THRILLED that Duke is expecting 40,000 people at the football game.

If you all see MyMama at the tailgate tomorrow, ask her to repeat the story for you. She's really hoping that 40,000 people will show up for the game tomorrow. 8-|

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 2nd, 2016, 10:00 pm

I wonder how many hours they're going to spend explaining, cajoling and apologizing to irate people wanting to come in carrying some little inconsequential something.
Sheesh.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2016, 11:19 pm

CathyCA wrote:Mom got a call from Jack Winters today in response to her earlier telephone convo with one of the people in the Iron Dukes office. In a nutshell, Mom told him that it would be nice to have a "TSA Pre-check" line for the Iron Dukes, and that she thought it would be nice if she was able to bring in a purse with all of her stuff (including feminine products, although she laughed and told him, "At my age, I'd probably need Depends instead of Tampax.")

His response: "We are expecting 40,000 people at the football game. It would take us six hours to screen all of those people if they brought in bags."

Mom's response: "Well, your security people looked in our bags last year, and it didn't take them six hours to do it." She also told him that she is THRILLED that Duke is expecting 40,000 people at the football game.

If you all see MyMama at the tailgate tomorrow, ask her to repeat the story for you. She's really hoping that 40,000 people will show up for the game tomorrow. 8-|

He's FoS.

From Wiki:

"Wayne Day Family Field at Carter–Finley Stadium is home to the NC State Wolfpack football team. It was opened in 1966 and has grown to a seating capacity of 57,583 seats."

I seriously doubt it took NCSU 6 hours to screen nearly 1.5 times that many people last PM. One of my partners attended and had no complaints. There was a wand "search," they are allowed re-entry and the Wolfpack Club sent (at least) medium-sized, clear plastic bags to all their members so they could haul in permitted items.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 3rd, 2016, 10:02 am

I'm wearing a shooting vest. If I can find my hunting vest with the blaze orange shoulders on it, I will wear that.

I am so freakin' tempted to fill the shotgun shell pockets with Tampax. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 3rd, 2016, 10:11 am

lawgrad91 wrote:I'm wearing a shooting vest. If I can find my hunting vest with the blaze orange shoulders on it, I will wear that.

Hahaha. Found it. Game on.... :teasing-poke: :banana-fingers:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » September 3rd, 2016, 12:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I'm wearing a shooting vest. If I can find my hunting vest with the blaze orange shoulders on it, I will wear that.

That will probably be a High Demand Item needed! Since ladies can't bring a purse in.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » September 3rd, 2016, 12:17 pm

CathyCA wrote:Mom got a call from Jack Winters today in response to her earlier telephone convo with one of the people in the Iron Dukes office. In a nutshell, Mom told him that it would be nice to have a "TSA Pre-check" line for the Iron Dukes, and that she thought it would be nice if she was able to bring in a purse with all of her stuff (including feminine products, although she laughed and told him, "At my age, I'd probably need Depends instead of Tampax.")

It is Employee Appreciation Day and employees could get 4 game tickets and 4 meals. And could purchase additional Gen Adm tickets for $5 .
I think folks come for the free meal. And some Never go into Wallace Wade Stadium. Hope they all know about the NO BAGS and No Re-Entry.

GAME DAY!!!!!!!!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 3rd, 2016, 1:41 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

=)) =)) =)) You must share a picture!!! Well done, LG!!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 3rd, 2016, 11:40 pm

image.jpeg
Last edited by lawgrad91 on September 3rd, 2016, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 3rd, 2016, 11:41 pm

Chapstick fit nicely in the shotgun shell elastic loops. Unfortunately tampons did not. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 4th, 2016, 6:22 am

Listed attendance was 35,049.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » September 4th, 2016, 8:48 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Listed attendance was 35,049.
There was a nice crowd but I'd place the butts in seats number around 20,000.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 4th, 2016, 8:52 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Listed attendance was 35,049.
Was that counting re-entries? =)) =))

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 4th, 2016, 11:57 am

On the way back to my seat at halftime I found Jack Winters standing at the top of the stairway at my aisle. I had a 15 minute conversation with him about the no re-entry policy and handbags.

First the good news: Ladies will be able to carry their regular purses into Cameron Indoor Stadium for basketball games. Fewer people attending (9,514, or whatever the number is) and more entrances allow for this to happen in a 30 minute period when most people are entering CIS.

Now the bad news: current "no re-entry and no bag policies" are NOT going to change. The security professionals, whoever they are, say re-entry is the most dangerous time when someone who wants to do harm can get their materials back into the stadium. I guess they can reconnoiter the facilities when entering the first time and can figure out the easiest way to get contraband in the second. I don't buy in but that's what Jack says. And with the limited number of entrances (3) into WW, they can't have enough personnel to search thousands of bags in a timely fashion before the game. At Cameron, with fewer people and more entrances, the situation is different.

He said only 3 ACC schools allow reentry - NC State (as devildeac reported), Wake Forest and Clemson. But they have way different logistical situations. (Yeah, waaaaaaaaaaaay more fans in the case of State and Clemson, not so WF). He said they have far more entrances to have the personnel to do the checking.

I told him the current policies are overkill. And he retorted, "If we didn't make our best effort to keep people safe, what would people say if there was an attack/incident and patrons were killed?" No real answer to that, is there... Fucking terrorists.

Jack did tell me if I wanted a refund on my season ticket purchase, call his office on Tuesday morning and it will be arranged. I declined his offer, but told him others won't. He said they may lose a few current fans, but they will be replaced by new fans. (Wrong attitude, Jack. Just wrong.)

So that's the way it is. September, 2016. Accept it or don't attend. X( :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 4th, 2016, 2:26 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:On the way back to my seat at halftime I found Jack Winters standing at the top of the stairway at my aisle. I had a 15 minute conversation with him about the no re-entry policy and handbags.

First the good news: Ladies will be able to carry their regular purses into Cameron Indoor Stadium for basketball games. Fewer people attending (9,514, or whatever the number is) and more entrances allow for this to happen in a 30 minute period when most people are entering CIS.

Now the bad news: current "no re-entry and no bag policies" are NOT going to change. The security professionals, whoever they are, say re-entry is the most dangerous time when someone who wants to do harm can get their materials back into the stadium. I guess they can reconnoiter the facilities when entering the first time and can figure out the easiest way to get contraband in the second. I don't buy in but that's what Jack says. And with the limited number of entrances (3) into WW, they can't have enough personnel to search thousands of bags in a timely fashion before the game. At Cameron, with fewer people and more entrances, the situation is different.

He said only 3 ACC schools allow reentry - NC State (as devildeac reported), Wake Forest and Clemson. But they have way different logistical situations. (Yeah, waaaaaaaaaaaay more fans in the case of State and Clemson, not so WF). He said they have far more entrances to have the personnel to do the checking.

I told him the current policies are overkill. And he retorted, "If we didn't make our best effort to keep people safe, what would people say if there was an attack/incident and patrons were killed?" No real answer to that, is there... Fucking terrorists.

Jack did tell me if I wanted a refund on my season ticket purchase, call his office on Tuesday morning and it will be arranged. I declined his offer, but told him others won't. He said they may lose a few current fans, but they will be replaced by new fans. (Wrong attitude, Jack. Just wrong.)

So that's the way it is. September, 2016. Accept it or don't attend. X( :9f:

Uhh, Jack, this makes no damn sense. Carter-Finley seats 57,500. Death Valley seats, what, 80K or more?

Agree with Ozzie-wrong damn attitude.

Funny thing was, I left at halftime and Cowboy Devil gave me an extra ticket he had bartered for and we both strolled in-no metal detectors-sauntered up to the bocock ticket gate/plaza, had our unused tix torn and re-entered the stadium. Just think what I could have carried in after halftime...

I also had an All Access Pass and I was tempted to try that but didn't need it.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 4th, 2016, 3:59 pm

There was a lady in the row in front of us who had a clear plastic bag with her personal items (makeup, gum, wallet, etc.) in it. I'm not sure how she got it in to Wally Wade, but she did.

At NCSU, they sell the clear plastic totes in the student store. They are $11.99 and they are allowed in Carter-Finley and NFL stadiums. http://www.redandwhiteshop.com/products ... adium-tote

Duke could sell similar bags for twice that price.

If Duke were to allow clear plastic bags, I'd probably bring in a NCSU tote. Just because.

~ James Naismith