No Re-Entry Policy

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: No Re-Entry Policy

Post by CathyCA » August 3rd, 2016, 10:22 am

I got even MORE Sporks OY! Thank you, Ozzie, Bob Green and Della! I now have 3 little Sporks under my name OY! Oh, happy day! :happy-bouncyblue:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 3rd, 2016, 10:47 am

Quote Originally Posted by cf-62 OY

It sounds like you need a seat on the BoT - most of the impetus for the increased security in Cameron last year and Wally Wade this year is borne from a single trustee saying "what if?" THEN, Duke hired a private security firm to come up with these policies. That's one of the reasons that the policies seem so out of whack with the reality of the experience of game day, because nobody that gave a hoot about the game day experience was involved in writing the policies.
The "single trustee" you mention is Adam Silver, commissioner of the NBA. He's the one who mandated security be put in place last fall for the basketball games last year and football games this coming season. This tidbit of information came to me in a phone call yesterday with a member of the administration while discussing this topic and tailgating. He, or she, also told me that the mandate came with no extra funding (typical of government mandates, but let's not get into public policy territory) and that the athletic department had to foot the bill for the metal detectors last basketball season and forward. The University had to give the athletic department a loan to pay for the security.

Emails sent to this particular individual, and the athletic department personnel in general, are being forwarded to persons in the administration responsible for the wanker policy. Mike Craig, Kevin White and more are included in the forwarding. Emails directly to those individuals could also be sent.

Personally, I think the purse policy and especially the no reentry policy are over-reaching the bounds of common sense. We did run into the small purse policy last September when we went to a Charlotte Panther game (I don't root for any team called carolina, hence the Charlotte Panthers, Raleigh Hurricanes, etc.). Fortunately, another lady walking back to our remote parking lot told us that my significant other's purse was too large and wouldn't be allowed into the stadium. So instead of an extra 2 miles to walk, we only had 100 yards back to our car.

Perhaps a mass exodus protest at the end of the first half of the NCCU game on Sept. 3rd would make a loud enough statement without hurting our team's on the field performance. I certainly hope that we can beat them without the 12th man's help.

Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!
The above is copied from my post OY. Cathy, I zporked you too! I will forward your comments to Dave Brochu. :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 3rd, 2016, 3:04 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Quote Originally Posted by cf-62 OY

It sounds like you need a seat on the BoT - most of the impetus for the increased security in Cameron last year and Wally Wade this year is borne from a single trustee saying "what if?" THEN, Duke hired a private security firm to come up with these policies. That's one of the reasons that the policies seem so out of whack with the reality of the experience of game day, because nobody that gave a hoot about the game day experience was involved in writing the policies.
The "single trustee" you mention is Adam Silver, commissioner of the NBA. He's the one who mandated security be put in place last fall for the basketball games last year and football games this coming season. This tidbit of information came to me in a phone call yesterday with a member of the administration while discussing this topic and tailgating. He, or she, also told me that the mandate came with no extra funding (typical of government mandates, but let's not get into public policy territory) and that the athletic department had to foot the bill for the metal detectors last basketball season and forward. The University had to give the athletic department a loan to pay for the security.

Emails sent to this particular individual, and the athletic department personnel in general, are being forwarded to persons in the administration responsible for the wanker policy. Mike Craig, Kevin White and more are included in the forwarding. Emails directly to those individuals could also be sent.

Personally, I think the purse policy and especially the no reentry policy are over-reaching the bounds of common sense. We did run into the small purse policy last September when we went to a Charlotte Panther game (I don't root for any team called carolina, hence the Charlotte Panthers, Raleigh Hurricanes, etc.). Fortunately, another lady walking back to our remote parking lot told us that my significant other's purse was too large and wouldn't be allowed into the stadium. So instead of an extra 2 miles to walk, we only had 100 yards back to our car.

Perhaps a mass exodus protest at the end of the first half of the NCCU game on Sept. 3rd would make a loud enough statement without hurting our team's on the field performance. I certainly hope that we can beat them without the 12th man's help.

Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!
The above is copied from my post OY. Cathy, I zporked you too! I will forward your comments to Dave Brochu. :9f:
I had already thanked you above for the ZPORKS, Ozzie!
by CathyCA » August 3rd, 2016, 10:22 am

I got even MORE Sporks OY! Thank you, Ozzie, Bob Green and Della! I now have 3 little Sporks under my name OY! Oh, happy day! :happy-bouncyblue:
But thank you again!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 3rd, 2016, 3:05 pm

I got MORE SPORKS OY!

Thank you DinK! :happy-bouncyblue:

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 4th, 2016, 9:18 am

I got even MORE SPORKS OY! Thank you, Bjornolf! I *heart* Sporks! Sporks! Sporks!

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 4th, 2016, 9:42 am

CathyCA wrote:I got even MORE SPORKS OY! Thank you, Bjornolf! I *heart* Sporks! Sporks! Sporks!

This is because you're so sporkable. 8-|
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 5th, 2016, 6:45 am

CathyCA wrote:SPORKS! I got ANOTHER spork OY! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Ymo!

May the Sporks be with you!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 5th, 2016, 8:25 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
CathyCA wrote:SPORKS! I got ANOTHER spork OY! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Ymo!

May the Sporks be with you!
And also with you!

~ James Naismith
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » August 5th, 2016, 5:29 pm

According to Twitter, season tickets will start being mailed out tomorrow. I'll be on the lookout for the UPS truck.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 5th, 2016, 6:04 pm

I saw some posts about players delivering some season tickets in the Durham area today. They must have wanted to save on postage.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 8th, 2016, 10:24 pm

I got more sporks OY! Thank you, Turk! I love sporks! Woo-hoo! Spork City!

~ James Naismith
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 11th, 2016, 12:11 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Does this apply for the people who are in the luxury boxes have the same rules! Doubtfully.
Probably doesn't apply to the Box Seats!!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 12th, 2016, 2:30 pm

Iron Duke #1471997.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » August 12th, 2016, 3:16 pm

Due to the fact I am a total wimp, I haven't shared the new "no bags" policy with the wife and daughter yet. I'm leaning toward September 2nd or the morning of September 3rd to inform them.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 12th, 2016, 4:11 pm

Bob Green wrote:Due to the fact I am a total wimp, I haven't shared the new "no bags" policy with the wife and daughter yet. I'm leaning toward September 2nd or the morning of September 3rd to inform them.
Why not let them know so that they can be prepared? I ordered one of these after checking it out with some one at Duke who deals with security. It arrived in less than a week. Items like binoculars, cell phone, Kleenex, sun screen, personal hygiene products, etc. will have a place. ;;)

http://www.travelsmith.com/women-27s-15 ... est/823538

Another possibility:
https://www.magellans.com/itemdy00.aspx ... 954B+BK+2X
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » August 12th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Why not let them know so that they can be prepared?
Because they will yell at me. ;)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 14th, 2016, 11:45 pm

Bob Green wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Why not let them know so that they can be prepared?
Because they will yell at me. ;)
And swing at you with the bags they have to leave outside. :((
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » August 16th, 2016, 8:49 pm

Has anyone heard anything back from the powers that be at Duke concerning our complaints about the new security policies for football? Just curious. AW. :D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 16th, 2016, 9:48 pm

August West wrote:Has anyone heard anything back from the powers that be at Duke concerning our complaints about the new security policies for football? Just curious. AW. :D
Crickets
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 17th, 2016, 9:18 am

The no-bag/no re-entry policy is a brilliant way to encourage the student body to attend Duke football games.

</sarcasm>

~ James Naismith