No Re-Entry Policy

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

No Re-Entry Policy

Post by devildeac » August 2nd, 2016, 7:37 am

Duke taking just another step to (cough) enhance attendance at FB games.

http://today.duke.edu/2016/08/footballsafety

This rather sucks. Wonder if our tailgate group will send a letter to the AD...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: No Re-Entry Policy

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 2nd, 2016, 9:07 am

devildeac wrote:Duke taking just another step to (cough) enhance attendance at FB games.

Wow, that super sucks. I've said it over and over, the lack of common sense shown by Duke officials in regards to sporting events (both in the stadium and related to parking) is astounding; I don't see how such smart people can be so collectively stupid.
Oh well, I'm gonna be missing lots of first halves this year. X( X(

PS...I guarantee that this will increase heat related medical issues during afternoon games. (And I'm not a doctor.)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 2nd, 2016, 9:14 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:Duke taking just another step to (cough) enhance attendance at FB games.

Wow, that super sucks. I've said it over and over, the lack of common sense shown by Duke officials in regards to sporting events (both in the stadium and related to parking) is astounding; I don't see how such smart people can be so collectively stupid.
Oh well, I'm gonna be missing lots of first halves this year. X( X(

PS...I guarantee that this will increase heat related medical issues during afternoon games. (And I'm not a doctor.)
From reading the article, it looks like "other ACC schools" are doing the same thing. It's still insanely stupid. What does it prevent, a terrorist from waiting 'til halftime to go get his bomb?
Good thing we'll have the TV under the tent.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 2nd, 2016, 10:30 am

Here's what I put on FB under the CTN post about this matter:

I'm already suffering withdrawal symptoms by not being able to bring my purse into the stadium. Where am I supposed to put my car keys, my wallet, my telephone, my sunglasses, my kleenex, my camera (and lenses) my hat, my gloves (in cold weather), my gum, my allergy meds, my "hygiene" products, my pocket-sized umbrella for the walk back to the car because the use of umbrellas is prohibited in the stadium, my rain poncho and my ear buds so that I can listen to Bob Harris on the radio during his last season at Wally Wade? Maybe I'll just get a peasant skirt with lots of pockets and WEAR all of this stuff into the stadium. What an ill-considered policy, especially for women.

And then, if I leave one of the above-things in my purse locked in the car and I need to go and get it, TPTB are going to deny my re-entry to the stadium. Wow! That's some sort of hospitality, Duke.

I go through security every day at the courthouse, and I'm allowed to bring all of the above-listed items--plus lots of other things--in my purse. There are criminals in those courtrooms, and they are allowed to bring in purses so long as they pass through the x-ray machine and metal detectors.

I can think of no reason for prohibiting purses and/or bags inside the stadium, especially when we've passed through a metal detector, I don't understand why Duke is treating its graduates and donors (who include my 82-year old mom, my husband and me) with such distrust, disrespect and disdain. Well, actually, I can. This sounds like yet another way for Duke to make money: by creating a marketplace inside the stadium for the items we forgot.

I am NOT impressed.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 2nd, 2016, 12:26 pm

CathyCA wrote:Here's what I put on FB under the CTN post about this matter:

I'm already suffering withdrawal symptoms by not being able to bring my purse into the stadium. Where am I supposed to put my car keys, my wallet, my telephone, my sunglasses, my kleenex, my camera (and lenses) my hat, my gloves (in cold weather), my gum, my allergy meds, my "hygiene" products, my pocket-sized umbrella for the walk back to the car because the use of umbrellas is prohibited in the stadium, my rain poncho and my ear buds so that I can listen to Bob Harris on the radio during his last season at Wally Wade? Maybe I'll just get a peasant skirt with lots of pockets and WEAR all of this stuff into the stadium. What an ill-considered policy, especially for women.

And then, if I leave one of the above-things in my purse locked in the car and I need to go and get it, TPTB are going to deny my re-entry to the stadium. Wow! That's some sort of hospitality, Duke.

I go through security every day at the courthouse, and I'm allowed to bring all of the above-listed items--plus lots of other things--in my purse. There are criminals in those courtrooms, and they are allowed to bring in purses so long as they pass through the x-ray machine and metal detectors.

I can think of no reason for prohibiting purses and/or bags inside the stadium, especially when we've passed through a metal detector, I don't understand why Duke is treating its graduates and donors (who include my 82-year old mom, my husband and me) with such distrust, disrespect and disdain. Well, actually, I can. This sounds like yet another way for Duke to make money: by creating a marketplace inside the stadium for the items we forgot.

I am NOT impressed.

WELL SAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 2nd, 2016, 12:56 pm

I am NOT impressed.

What she said.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 2nd, 2016, 1:19 pm

I am NOT impressed.

This would be great to post OY and/or send to the Iron Dukes/Kevin White's office. The more I think about this, the more asinine it becomes.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 2nd, 2016, 1:22 pm

I am NOT impressed.

QFE.

I see myself wearing layers of clothing with layers of pockets.

I also see myself, next year, paying coin for TBCC and parking, and dispensing with season tickets altogether. If I decide during the week I want to go to a game, I will buy tickets then or at the stadium. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 2nd, 2016, 2:16 pm

devildeac wrote:

I am NOT impressed.

This would be great to post OY and/or send to the Iron Dukes/Kevin White's office. The more I think about this, the more asinine it becomes.

You have my permission to copy and share my thoughts.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 2nd, 2016, 2:28 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

I am NOT impressed.

QFE.

I see myself wearing layers of clothing with layers of pockets.

I also see myself, next year, paying coin for TBCC and parking, and dispensing with season tickets altogether. If I decide during the week I want to go to a game, I will buy tickets then or at the stadium. :9f:
You're gonna get reeaal warm with several t-shirts, sweatshirts and windpants on for those September games =)) .

I think Joy and I will be discussing similar options next year. We like our tent mates and have for about 10 years (yes, even TNTDevil :p ). We also enjoy attending games, but we've overpaid for parking several years, pay an extra $30/year for shipping and handling for the tix, plus an ID donation that gets us to the 5/6 level for MBB/ACCT/NCAAT tix. We also only attend on average 4 of the 6 games each year and then have to re-sell or eat the cost of the tix. And, if you decide a day or 3 before the game that you'd like to attend, there's always someone selling tix for face value or less on Devil's Alley on near CIS.

And they want more people in the stands?

NOTE to Cathy: Thank you.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 2nd, 2016, 4:49 pm

I got a spork! I got a spork! I got a spork! (Thank you, CB&B!)

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 2nd, 2016, 5:08 pm

CathyCA wrote:I got a spork! I got a spork! I got a spork! (Thank you, CB&B!)

Probably can't take them into WW either. :spork:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 2nd, 2016, 5:14 pm

=)) =)) X( X( X( X( X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 2nd, 2016, 5:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

=)) =)) X( X( X( X( X(
Shouldn't be able to. I could sharpen one into a weapon on the concrete. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 2nd, 2016, 5:30 pm

I went to spork your comment, too, but it was gone (the one you gave permission to copy and paste). Did you delete it?

I saw you had another. Expect another sound sporking :ymblushing: .

Done. You get lots of points when CB&B and I spork you. But don't tell Jon, the Methodist. :p
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 2nd, 2016, 6:09 pm

What a shock. I get part of it but this is excessive. I love Duke and Duke FB. This is my last jar of buying tickets. I'll be watching under the tent.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 2nd, 2016, 6:51 pm

I got MORE sporks! I got more SPORKS! I GOT MORE SPORKS! Thank you, DD and LG!

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 2nd, 2016, 7:50 pm

I am NOT impressed.

You hit the nail squarely on the head, CarhyCA. Makes me want to attend tailgate but not the game.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 2nd, 2016, 8:43 pm

Does this apply for the people who are in the luxury boxes have the same rules! Doubtfully.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 2nd, 2016, 10:35 pm

SPORKS! I got ANOTHER spork OY! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Ymo!

~ James Naismith