PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 21st, 2016, 8:59 am

Everyone have a good weekend
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 22nd, 2016, 9:51 pm

I have a vibe request. I think I've talked about one of our collaborators, someone who's a friend of MacGyver's since his college days. This friend fell last week and suffered a =severe traumatic brain injury. The situation is very grave; he's not expected to live. MacGyver was told to visit and say his good-byes. MacGyver is not handling this situation well at all. Please send vibes for MacGyver, his friend, and his friend's family.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 22nd, 2016, 9:52 pm

Good news: I accepted an offer last Friday on my condo in St. Louis. I won't make any money on the deal, but I'm ready to NOT pay out a chunk of money every month on the old place. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 22nd, 2016, 11:49 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I have a vibe request. I think I've talked about one of our collaborators, someone who's a friend of MacGyver's since his college days. This friend fell last week and suffered a =severe traumatic brain injury. The situation is very grave; he's not expected to live. MacGyver was told to visit and say his good-byes. MacGyver is not handling this situation well at all. Please send vibes for MacGyver, his friend, and his friend's family.
Prayers and vibes heading that way. :YMPRAY: :wizard: :pray:
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 22nd, 2016, 11:49 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Good news: I accepted an offer last Friday on my condo in St. Louis. I won't make any money on the deal, but I'm ready to NOT pay out a chunk of money every month on the old place. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Yeah! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Life is good!
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » May 23rd, 2016, 5:50 am

Prayers, vibes and hugs headed toward MacGyver, his friend and loved ones.
Congratulations on the condo, AD.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 23rd, 2016, 8:08 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I have a vibe request. I think I've talked about one of our collaborators, someone who's a friend of MacGyver's since his college days. This friend fell last week and suffered a =severe traumatic brain injury. The situation is very grave; he's not expected to live. MacGyver was told to visit and say his good-byes. MacGyver is not handling this situation well at all. Please send vibes for MacGyver, his friend, and his friend's family.

Huge megasized vibes for MacGyver, his friend and all involved. What a horrible situation.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 23rd, 2016, 8:09 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Good news: I accepted an offer last Friday on my condo in St. Louis. I won't make any money on the deal, but I'm ready to NOT pay out a chunk of money every month on the old place. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Yeah!! That is awesome. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

What a relief it must be to be rid of it and not have the cash suck every month.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 23rd, 2016, 8:51 am

Vibes and prayers for MacGyver's friend and for MacGyver!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 23rd, 2016, 8:52 am

Congratulations on the sale of your home!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » May 23rd, 2016, 9:15 am

Vibes. For MacGyver, his friends & family too! Awful situation! :wizard: :wizard:

AD Congrats! Been a long time coming and am sure you are VERY relieved to not have that monthly drain on your bank account! :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 23rd, 2016, 9:31 am

Prayers and vibes for all. So sorry to hear this.
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 23rd, 2016, 10:21 am

:ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 23rd, 2016, 11:04 am

Wow! Lots going one here since my last check in! Lots to catch up on. I'll start with loving vibes to Macgyver and big congrats to AD and Turk!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 23rd, 2016, 10:42 pm

Quick update: MacGyver was told today that the doctors are doing a MRI scan tomorrow to see if they can distinguish between dead and bruised brain tissue. Considering the fact that he was told earlier that the family would be turning off life support by tomorrow, this is a very positive sign. Please keep those prayers and vibes coming!

This guy is one of the top neuro-oncologists in the country, if not the world. He has been curing people with glioma. Yes, curing. He helped to develop a treatment that is somewhat similar to the one at Duke that is getting so much press. Sad to see such a bright light extinguished far too soon.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 24th, 2016, 10:26 pm

Does anyone else know Python? I'm trying to learn Python now. Good times.

Fun bit of trivia:the programming language Python is named after one Monty Python.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 25th, 2016, 8:40 pm

So ... I bought a house today. Really it's a duplex, 2 bed/2 bath/2 car garage. Perfect size for me. It all happened pretty quickly. Available real estate on the island is somewhat limited right now, especially with the features I wanted. The other places I liked were far pricier. So, when I found out someone else had made an offer, I jumped into the game. I won because the other buyer's realtor used the wrong forms.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 25th, 2016, 9:13 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:So ... I bought a house today. Really it's a duplex, 2 bed/2 bath/2 car garage. Perfect size for me. It all happened pretty quickly. Available real estate on the island is somewhat limited right now, especially with the features I wanted. The other places I liked were far pricier. So, when I found out someone else had made an offer, I jumped into the game. I won because the other buyer's realtor used the wrong forms.
Congratulations! :dance: :clap:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 25th, 2016, 9:24 pm

Vibes, congrats and congrats again.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 25th, 2016, 9:30 pm

windsor wrote:

Huge megasized vibes for MacGyver, his friend and all involved. What a horrible situation.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
=p~ Vibes for McGyers's friend. By the way, I'm so happy you sold your condo.