Could ya crank us out some more vibes, please?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Could ya crank us out some more vibes, please?

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 2nd, 2016, 8:51 am

Praying surgery went well. :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 2nd, 2016, 7:21 pm

Welllllll ...... once again the surgeons are mystified. Two excellent new docs, having consulted with the one who went in there last, went on a sort of fishing expedition. They determined that the mesh all over her insides is in good shape. All surrounding tissue pink and healthy. Only one, small spot needed to be snipped loose. They did that, cleaned up abscesses and scar tissue, paused several times during the operation to discuss whether or not there was ANYthing they could have missed, decided not, and closed. Still no clue where these horrendous and debilitating pocket episodes (14 in number) come from. Nothing to do but hunker down and wait for the next one.

I read a quote yesterday that said, "Some things in life cannot be fixed. They must just be carried." This appears to be one of them. We hope to keep moving forward, "carrying" this with as much grace as possible.

That would be far more difficult without this Duke family. I know you are never far away.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 2nd, 2016, 7:31 pm

Thank you for the update, Ima. I've thought of you all often this week. Hopefully, they snipped something that was the reservoir for the nasty bugs and what are left will disappear quickly.

:ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard:
Life is good!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » February 2nd, 2016, 8:04 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Welllllll ...... once again the surgeons are mystified. Two excellent new docs, having consulted with the one who went in there last, went on a sort of fishing expedition. They determined that the mesh all over her insides is in good shape. All surrounding tissue pink and healthy. Only one, small spot needed to be snipped loose. They did that, cleaned up abscesses and scar tissue, paused several times during the operation to discuss whether or not there was ANYthing they could have missed, decided not, and closed. Still no clue where these horrendous and debilitating pocket episodes (14 in number) come from. Nothing to do but hunker down and wait for the next one.

I read a quote yesterday that said, "Some things in life cannot be fixed. They must just be carried." This appears to be one of them. We hope to keep moving forward, "carrying" this with as much grace as possible.

That would be far more difficult without this Duke family. I know you are never far away.
Love, Ima
Oh my. Let's hope for a mysterious resolution and no more infections. Does she still have her appendix? It can be a reservoir for infection.
Keeping the vibes cranked up on high! (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 2nd, 2016, 8:14 pm

Thanks for the update, Ima. Still sending vibes for a healthy outcome for DukeRah.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 2nd, 2016, 9:06 pm

Prayers and vibes continue from me, Ima. So upsetting when the doctors can't figure out what is going on.
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » February 3rd, 2016, 8:49 am

Here's hoping this last "snip" has found the source of this evil and DukeRah can recover completely! More hugs, prayers and vibes for all 3 of you! If I was closer I'd bring some chicken soup - I'm good at that! :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 5th, 2016, 8:42 am

Thanks for the update! Let's hope that DukeRah has turned the corner!!
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 11th, 2016, 10:37 pm

Hopping, praying and vibing Duke Rah is OK. :ymhug:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 11th, 2016, 11:32 pm

Very rough going last night. She just doesn't heal well. They would have readmitted her yesterday but they had no bed. We found ourselves back over with the doctors today being treated in the clinic -- still no beds. I'll appreciate it when home health gets here. It's been a long one. @-) I think we're all tucked in for the night now. gonna try to get some ZZZZZZZZs.
Love, Ima
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 12th, 2016, 7:41 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Very rough going last night. She just doesn't heal well. They would have readmitted her yesterday but they had no bed. We found ourselves back over with the doctors today being treated in the clinic -- still no beds. I'll appreciate it when home health gets here. It's been a long one. @-) I think we're all tucked in for the night now. gonna try to get some ZZZZZZZZs.
Love, Ima
I'm so sorry to heat this, Ima. Sending vibes for healing, peace, and a restful night.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 12th, 2016, 8:02 am

Prayers for comfort and healing continue.
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 12th, 2016, 8:14 am

Hope you're okay this morning! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 12th, 2016, 8:28 am

Still vibing and praying. :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 12th, 2016, 10:49 am

More vibes and prayers.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » February 12th, 2016, 10:54 am

Vibes continued ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » February 12th, 2016, 11:38 am

Prayers continue.
:ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard:
Life is good!
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » February 12th, 2016, 12:41 pm

More hugs, love & prayers for all three of you!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 16th, 2016, 1:46 pm

I've been away for a while, so I'm going to turn on turbo vibes for DukeRah. I'm sending lots of love and healing prayers to her and to you, Ima!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 17th, 2016, 8:10 am

Vibes are helping. After a frustrating week trying to get help we finally went back to the ER last Sunday. She's improving now on a wound vac. We're waiting for them to be able to switch her over to a home model so she can come home. Thanks for being on the job! :)
Love, Ima