PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » December 31st, 2015, 7:43 pm

Clemson now handily in control...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 31st, 2015, 10:45 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Clemson now handily in control...
To quote my LSU friends, "GEAUX TIGERS!"
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 1st, 2016, 8:55 pm

http://www.goldieblox.com/

For those of you who aren't on my facebook if you have a little girl that you buy stuff for you have to check out Goldie box if you haven't already. These are great toys I bought my granddaughter the entire preschools collection only to find out you already had two of them when I call them their customer service was the best I have encountered in years.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » January 2nd, 2016, 8:23 am

windsor wrote:http://www.goldieblox.com/

For those of you who aren't on my facebook if you have a little girl that you buy stuff for you have to check out Goldie box if you haven't already. These are great toys I bought my granddaughter the entire preschools collection only to find out you already had two of them when I call them their customer service was the best I have encountered in years.
I have purchased from this site for our youngest granddaughter - super gifts!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 2nd, 2016, 8:55 pm

I threw together some homemade soup tonight that turned out to be pretty good. I started with frozen, shredded white meat chicken and added 2 containers of fresh black bean pico (black beans, corn, jalapeños, onion, cilantro, tomato), a bit more chopped onion, some chicken broth concentrate, and a bit of green enchilada sauce.

I come from a long line of "clean out the refrigerator" homemade soup makers. The chicken meat was cooked a month or so ago; I cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot, in chicken broth, with onion and garlic added. I shred and store for future use - mostly in enchiladas this time around, which is why I have green enchilada sauce on hand. Saw the pico last time I was in Kroger, browsing through the produce section, and purchased it to use in this soup. I thought it was nice of Kroger to assemble everything I wanted for my soup in a convenient package. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 2nd, 2016, 11:11 pm

I'm probably the only Vandy alum who thinks KStallings needs to go.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 3rd, 2016, 10:43 am

We're having chili and cornbread tonight.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 3rd, 2016, 4:23 pm

I had chili last night!

I heard Ross Cockrell's name on SiriusXM as I was driving around town today listening to NFL games(and shopping).
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 4th, 2016, 7:57 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I threw together some homemade soup tonight that turned out to be pretty good. I started with frozen, shredded white meat chicken and added 2 containers of fresh black bean pico (black beans, corn, jalapeños, onion, cilantro, tomato), a bit more chopped onion, some chicken broth concentrate, and a bit of green enchilada sauce.

I come from a long line of "clean out the refrigerator" homemade soup makers. The chicken meat was cooked a month or so ago; I cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot, in chicken broth, with onion and garlic added. I shred and store for future use - mostly in enchiladas this time around, which is why I have green enchilada sauce on hand. Saw the pico last time I was in Kroger, browsing through the produce section, and purchased it to use in this soup. I thought it was nice of Kroger to assemble everything I wanted for my soup in a convenient package. :D
Sounds good. I'm making vegtibable soup today. I'm using my 12 qt. pot. We will have it for several meals, the remaining goes in the freezer.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 4th, 2016, 8:03 am

I'm having out patient surgery tomorrow on my left thumb. I have arthritis in both thumbs. The left one has gotten so bad, it's time to take care of it. I'll be glad when it's done. It's not a big deal but will help make life easier.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 4th, 2016, 8:10 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I'm having out patient surgery tomorrow on my left thumb. I have arthritis in both thumbs. The left one has gotten so bad, it's time to take care of it. I'll be glad when it's done. It's not a big deal but will help make life easier.
Quick healing on the thumbs!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 4th, 2016, 8:14 am

We went to see "JOY" the movie yesterday. I always enjoy Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. It was a great cast.

Rented "SOUTHPAW" and it was awesome!

I need to play catch up with watching current movies.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 4th, 2016, 8:26 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I'm having out patient surgery tomorrow on my left thumb. I have arthritis in both thumbs. The left one has gotten so bad, it's time to take care of it. I'll be glad when it's done. It's not a big deal but will help make life easier.
Vibes, hugs & prayers for a quick recovery! :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 4th, 2016, 9:40 am

Thumb healing vibes and prayers heading your way.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 4th, 2016, 10:10 am

Thumb healing vibes headed your way, VDB!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 4th, 2016, 10:24 am

Prayers and vibes!
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 4th, 2016, 10:27 am

Our office is getting rolling file shelves. The shredder is next to my door in the hall and it sounds like a dentist's office. I have Enya turned on high. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 4th, 2016, 10:34 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Our office is getting rolling file shelves. The shredder is next to my door in the hall and it sounds like a dentist's office. I have Enya turned on high. :9f:
Well, the shredder doesn't sound like a dentist's office. The copy room (where the shredder used to be) does. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 4th, 2016, 10:45 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Our office is getting rolling file shelves. The shredder is next to my door in the hall and it sounds like a dentist's office. I have Enya turned on high. :9f:
Well, the shredder doesn't sound like a dentist's office. The copy room (where the shredder used to be) does. :9f:
And the plan is also to paint at least one office. Hopefully they won't paint mine, or I would have to take down my "temporary" border. Fifteen years just isn't a long enough time for me to get my money's worth out of temporary border. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 4th, 2016, 11:18 am

The Who or Rolling Stones would be better choices. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.