Lavabe's Madagascar 2009 Lemur Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Re: Lavabe's Madagascar 2009 Lemur Thread

Post by ILoveJimmy » August 5th, 2009, 11:03 pm

We all had a wonderful reunion with Lavabe! He is off in la-la land (ie sleep) for probably the next 12+ hours. As he said, it was a 37 hour series of flights and layovers. He deserves a little or a lot of sleep! He looks terrific if I do say so myself.

The second best part of him coming home (the very best should be obvious!) was watching him reunite with Georgia. He kept silent walking in the door and walked around to where her crate is. He then rounded the corner and said hello to her. She went absolutely berserk in the crate, turning circles madly as if chasing her tail, and making little yelping sounds. Then when he let her out, she nearly bowled him over to get as close as possible to him and still wiggle and jump and try to lick him and let him rub her. It was a frenzy for many minutes. Then the two of them were right back to the kind of play they always did, running and playing together. She is thrilled to have him home and he to see her again.

United did retrieve his luggage from the plane. He and his luggage were already at the airport door waiting for me as the plane arrived early, which meant I was late. I don't know all the details of the flights, but I do know that he was able to get an emergency row with plenty of leg room for the Paris to Dulles flight.

I'm sure he will be online tomorrow to fill everyone in on the last part of his time there. He had a really good end to his 2+ months there. He is happy to be home.

ILJ
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 5th, 2009, 11:04 pm

Welcome home Lavabe!
-- DukeUsul
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » August 5th, 2009, 11:09 pm

devildeac wrote:Rumor has it also that they have a nice buffet set out on the counters for their dog to consume just to show him what she learned while he was gone. :)) :)) =)) =))
We did have a leftovers buffet out for dinner but I have to say that though she tried, Georgia wasn't able to exhibit her infamous counter-swiping food technique. In other words, we were either there to monitor her or we pushed the plates too far back on the counter for her to reach. She did however get a few meatloaf treats from me, the biggest pushover in our little group. :-)
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 5th, 2009, 11:10 pm

ILoveJimmy wrote:We all had a wonderful reunion with Lavabe! He is off in la-la land (ie sleep) for probably the next 12+ hours. As he said, it was a 37 hour series of flights and layovers. He deserves a little or a lot of sleep! He looks terrific if I do say so myself.

The second best part of him coming home (the very best should be obvious!) was watching him reunite with Georgia. He kept silent walking in the door and walked around to where her crate is. He then rounded the corner and said hello to her. She went absolutely berserk in the crate, turning circles madly as if chasing her tail, and making little yelping sounds. Then when he let her out, she nearly bowled him over to get as close as possible to him and still wiggle and jump and try to lick him and let him rub her. It was a frenzy for many minutes. Then the two of them were right back to the kind of play they always did, running and playing together. She is thrilled to have him home and he to see her again.

United did retrieve his luggage from the plane. He and his luggage were already at the airport door waiting for me as the plane arrived early, which meant I was late. I don't know all the details of the flights, but I do know that he was able to get an emergency row with plenty of leg room for the Paris to Dulles flight.

I'm sure he will be online tomorrow to fill everyone in on the last part of his time there. He had a really good end to his 2+ months there. He is happy to be home.

ILJ
So great to hear all of this. Coming home to a loving pup is one of the best parts about the end of a trip. Glad the humans are all happy too. :D :ymhug: :ymparty:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 5th, 2009, 11:14 pm

...and the beer...?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » August 5th, 2009, 11:16 pm

ILoveJimmy wrote:The second best part of him coming home (the very best should be obvious!) was watching him reunite with Georgia. He kept silent walking in the door and walked around to where her crate is. He then rounded the corner and said hello to her. She went absolutely berserk in the crate, turning circles madly as if chasing her tail, and making little yelping sounds. Then when he let her out, she nearly bowled him over to get as close as possible to him and still wiggle and jump and try to lick him and let him rub her. It was a frenzy for many minutes. Then the two of them were right back to the kind of play they always did, running and playing together. She is thrilled to have him home and he to see her again.
I forgot to say that Lavabe was a little worried that Georgia wouldn't remember him after being gone for 9 weeks. Well, those fears were certainly allayed when he got home tonight!!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 5th, 2009, 11:19 pm

ILoveJimmy wrote:
I forgot to say that Lavabe was a little worried that Georgia wouldn't remember him after being gone for 9 weeks. Well, those fears were certainly allayed when he got home tonight!!
He needs not ever worry about that. Dogs remember people, especially their people, just as long as people remember people.
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » August 5th, 2009, 11:20 pm

devildeac wrote:...and the beer...?
Sadly, no beer tonight for Lavabe. I don't think he would have stayed awake long enough for LL to come home (from a school event) had he had one. I'm sure he will have a brewski tomorrow evening!
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » August 6th, 2009, 2:51 am

So glad Lavabe made it home safely, and your family is reunited. 9 weeks is a LONG time to be separated!

And aren't excited puppy kisses just the best way to welcome anyone home? :D
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 6th, 2009, 6:31 am

Yay! Glad Lavabe is home and ya'll had a great reunion.
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 6th, 2009, 8:21 am

ILoveJimmy wrote:
Sadly, no beer tonight for Lavabe. I don't think he would have stayed awake long enough for LL to come home (from a school event) had he had one. I'm sure he will have a brewski tomorrow evening!
Somehow, I don't think DD was asking if Lavabe had a beer, but if he brought some beer home with him in his suitcase! =)) =)) =))

Welcome home Lavabe!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 6th, 2009, 9:44 am

Tired? YES. From the moment I left the hotel in Diego until the time I was greeted by Georgia, there was about 37+ hours of transportation, with about 2 1/2 hours of sleep. SO... although I am on the keyboard right now, I sense a massive sleep/crash later today.

Transportation issues: I remembered all of the lessons CathyCA and Sue posted when I go to Paris. I got to the counter early, was on super nice behavior, and ased the agent if she could help me out. She did. She gave me the emergency row seat, with LOADS of extra leg room.

While waiting at the gate for the plane, they made an announcement that they had overbooked. I was first on line for the bump. Great offer... business class bump for the following day, hotel/lodging accommodations for a day in Paris, + $800 in credit. Alas, they didn't need me, as some 18 people didn't show up for their flight. GO FIGURE!

The baggage issue was, in part, due to the Air Madagascar ticket agent in Madagascar, who only booked me through Dulles, not Cincinnati. The United folks flagged it, and made sure it went through to Cincy. Problem was that they did that before I could clear customs. They found the bag quickly, got me the bag, and all went well.

More later, as I start waking up.
Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 6th, 2009, 9:46 am

Lavabe wrote:Tired? YES. From the moment I left the hotel in Diego until the time I was greeted by Georgia, there was about 37+ hours of transportation, with about 2 1/2 hours of sleep. SO... although I am on the keyboard right now, I sense a massive sleep/crash later today.

Transportation issues: I remembered all of the lessons CathyCA and Sue posted when I go to Paris. I got to the counter early, was on super nice behavior, and ased the agent if she could help me out. She did. She gave me the emergency row seat, with LOADS of extra leg room.

While waiting at the gate for the plane, they made an announcement that they had overbooked. I was first on line for the bump. Great offer... business class bump for the following day, hotel/lodging accommodations for a day in Paris, + $800 in credit. Alas, they didn't need me, as some 18 people didn't show up for their flight. GO FIGURE!

The baggage issue was, in part, due to the Air Madagascar ticket agent in Madagascar, who only booked me through Dulles, not Cincinnati. The United folks flagged it, and made sure it went through to Cincy. Problem was that they did that before I could clear customs. They found the bag quickly, got me the bag, and all went well.

Cheers,
Lavabe
So glad you're back, buddy, and that the long trip home went reasonably well.
Now, wanna come help me move? :D
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 6th, 2009, 9:58 am

wilson wrote:So glad you're back, buddy, and that the long trip home went reasonably well.
Now, wanna come help me move? :D
Guess I better read the sibling thread, huh?

No plans yet for Kentucky, much less Atlanta. At this point, I'm just trying to figure out when I'll be sampling some of Bert's chili.

Oh yeah... I'll get going soon on some SCRABBLE.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 6th, 2009, 2:40 pm

Welcome home!! I look forward to hearing stories at a future Brunchgate :D
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 6th, 2009, 11:14 pm

Lavabe wrote:Tired? YES. From the moment I left the hotel in Diego until the time I was greeted by Georgia, there was about 37+ hours of transportation, with about 2 1/2 hours of sleep. SO... although I am on the keyboard right now, I sense a massive sleep/crash later today.

Cheers,
Lavabe
You "ased" the agent? Is that legal? =)) :roll: ;)

Welcome back stateside, Lavabe! Glad you made it back safely to ILJ, LL, and Georgia.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 6th, 2009, 11:17 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: You "ased" the agent? Is that legal?.
:))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 6th, 2009, 11:32 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ILoveJimmy wrote:
Somehow, I don't think DD was asking if Lavabe had a beer, but if he brought some beer home with him in his suitcase! =)) =)) =))

Welcome home Lavabe!
Both.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 6th, 2009, 11:34 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

Cheers,
Lavabe
You "ased" the agent? Is that legal? =)) :roll: ;)

Welcome back stateside, Lavabe! Glad you made it back safely to ILJ, LL, and Georgia.
only with the minds that hang out here could that happen... :roll: :oops:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 7th, 2009, 5:30 am

wilson wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: You "ased" the agent? Is that legal?.
:))
May I use that word in SCRABBLE? :o)