LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 5th, 2009, 1:40 pm

bjornolf wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I posted another recommendation for Sami's in AllenMurray's new food thread over yonder.

Hey Bjorolf, would you rather eat lunch there next Friday rather than at Smithfield BBQ? Just a thought. Steak and cheese - ymm! :-bd :-bd
I'm fine with either, just let me know. I've been missing my BBQ, but I'm ALWAYS up for a cheese steak. Kinda depends on DD. If he's planning on being there on Saturday for an early dinner at 4 before I head up to Tyler's, then I guess I'd rather get my BBQ. If he's not sure, then Sami's is fine with me. BTW, what kind of food does Tyler's have? I don't think I'll be wanting to have too much alcohol, since I'll still have a three hour drive in front of me. Even though I can take a LOT of alcohol thanks to my Irish blood and giant body, it DOES still make me drowsy. (-|

%%-
Your choice. Both are convenient to the highway.

Tyler's is like a Bennigans/Ale House/TGI Friday's foodwise.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 5th, 2009, 1:41 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I posted another recommendation for Sami's in AllenMurray's new food thread over yonder.

Hey Bjorolf, would you rather eat lunch there next Friday rather than at Smithfield BBQ? Just a thought. Steak and cheese - ymm! :-bd :-bd
I'm fine with either, just let me know. I've been missing my BBQ, but I'm ALWAYS up for a cheese steak. Kinda depends on DD. If he's planning on being there on Saturday for an early dinner at 4 before I head up to Tyler's, then I guess I'd rather get my BBQ. If he's not sure, then Sami's is fine with me. BTW, what kind of food does Tyler's have? I don't think I'll be wanting to have too much alcohol, since I'll still have a three hour drive in front of me. Even though I can take a LOT of alcohol thanks to my Irish blood and giant body, it DOES still make me drowsy. (-|

%%-
Your choice. Both are convenient to the highway.

Tyler's is like a Bennigans/Ale House/TGI Friday's foodwise.
Here is a link to Tyler's.

http://www.tylerstaproom.com/
I worship the Blue Devil!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 5th, 2009, 1:44 pm

The Detroit Lions are so bad that they couldn't win a coin toss if they were using a two-headed coin and had the call. Discuss.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 5th, 2009, 1:44 pm

My son has a new nickname: Hef (for Hugh Heffner, if you don't know...that's his nickname).

EVERY time we come home, he's appeared within minutes wearing his pajamas. I started calling him "Hef". My wife scowled at first, but she's started calling him that too when he does it. He's started running down the stairs in his PJs, jumping out at us and shouting "HERE'S HEF!" It's hysterical.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Shammrog
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Shammrog » August 5th, 2009, 1:44 pm

captmojo wrote:
Shammrog wrote:
captmojo wrote:
pinnacle june 2007 002.JPG
pinnacle june 2007 023.JPG
I need to go Bass fishing. Anybody wanna ride?
I have never been Bass fishing. But, I would love to try.
Not as hard as some might think. However, when they aren't taking bites....it's tough.
Then, you just get really, really drunk!
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 5th, 2009, 1:45 pm

Shammrog wrote:Then, you just get really, really drunk!
QFE
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 5th, 2009, 1:47 pm

Shammrog wrote:
Shammrog wrote:Then, you just get really, really drunk!
QFE
I've known a lot of fellers like that, too.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » August 5th, 2009, 1:47 pm

I don't really like fishing but I don't mind sitting by with my knitting and a cold drink while others fish.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 5th, 2009, 1:52 pm

bjornolf wrote:My son has a new nickname: Hef (for Hugh Heffner, if you don't know...that's his nickname).

EVERY time we come home, he's appeared within minutes wearing his pajamas. I started calling him "Hef". My wife scowled at first, but she's started calling him that too when he does it. He's started running down the stairs in his PJs, jumping out at us and shouting "HERE'S HEF!" It's hysterical.

%%-
That's outstanding. I commend the entire family. :ymapplause:
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 5th, 2009, 1:53 pm

wilson wrote:
bjornolf wrote:My son has a new nickname: Hef (for Hugh Heffner, if you don't know...that's his nickname).

%%-
That's outstanding. I commend the entire family. :ymapplause:
That is indeed very, very funny.

Next we await him playing all the time with a group of 3 girls! :D
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 5th, 2009, 1:55 pm

%%-
You might want to keep him away from Shammrog.
Life is good!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 5th, 2009, 1:58 pm

bjornolf wrote:

%%-
I still don't believe it's possible to get a good authentic cheesesteak anywhere in North Carolina. Go for the cue!

Tyler's is an American grill. Steaks, burgers, great pork chops. Fried pickles.
-- DukeUsul
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 5th, 2009, 2:00 pm

Iced tea in Boston? Variable and always iffy.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » August 5th, 2009, 2:03 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Iced tea in Boston? Variable and always iffy.
That reminds me of a funny story. So we were in Guildford, England a few weeks ago. About 10 of us from the NCSU MBA program went out to an Indian restaurant for dinner. One of the ladies (who was a lifelong North Cackalackian) says to the Indian owner/manager "Do you have any sweet tea?.... I mean, sweetened iced tea?" And he stares at her for a moment and says, "No ma'am, we only have normal tea."

I nearly lost it.
-- DukeUsul
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 5th, 2009, 3:07 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:Iced tea in Boston? Variable and always iffy.
That reminds me of a funny story. So we were in Guildford, England a few weeks ago. About 10 of us from the NCSU MBA program went out to an Indian restaurant for dinner. One of the ladies (who was a lifelong North Cackalackian) says to the Indian owner/manager "Do you have any sweet tea?.... I mean, sweetened iced tea?" And he stares at her for a moment and says, "No ma'am, we only have normal tea."

I nearly lost it.
LOL - I was in the Huntingdon area a handful of years ago and wanted some sweet iced tea and when I asked the folks at the Marriott if they could send some iced tea to my room, they looked at me like I was an alien! Why on earth would anyone drink ice cold tea vice a HOT CUP! I had to explain to them how to make it, duh L-), and when they still couldn't get over the shock, it occurred to me that I had all the tools in my room, HOT POT, TEA BAGS, and sugar! #-o No need to further waste my time, thank you very much and if all of y'all would like to try it, please stop by the room! :))

I'll leave my funny Germany story for another thread and another time, but it is kin to Captmojo's video link!!!! :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: =)) =)) =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 5th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Sham - our girl is back on the radio!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGWE3hwJ21U :D :p
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 5th, 2009, 3:58 pm

BTTT.
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 5th, 2009, 3:58 pm

SATT.
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 5th, 2009, 3:59 pm

FART.
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 5th, 2009, 4:00 pm

This large, useless white space brought to you by Eric Montross.