LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by IowaDevil » July 30th, 2015, 9:52 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Headed to Evanston tomorrow. Travel advice, anyone?
Big time vibes for a successful interview! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Then….you are in my favorite town! There is so much to see/do you can't go wrong with anything. Beyond DD's list which is great, plus the museums….If you are a Frank Lloyd Wright fan…his home/studio in Oak Park is fantastic along with wandering the area around it - very historic. Millenium Park is well worth a visit. If you have a chance at night drive out to the planetarium and check out the view of the city from there….it's worth the trip. Touring Soldier Field is amazing as well. Tours are done by volunteer vets and there is more to it than football. Second City or any of the many improv places, theaters, Navy Pier, waterfront and the architectural tour from the Wrigley Building is outstanding. Can I come and help you find all this? I am due for a trip in soon! Enjoy!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 30th, 2015, 1:00 pm

Have fun! My thoughts and prayers go with you! :wizard:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 30th, 2015, 2:03 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Have fun! My thoughts and prayers go with you! :wizard:

:9f:
QFE. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 30th, 2015, 2:34 pm

Say hello to Chris for us! Good luck, girl!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 30th, 2015, 4:00 pm

Not time to do much, unfortunately. I need to work on my seminar for tomorrow. I did walk around the NW campus a bit; I went all the way to the lake and back. Think I have my 10,000 steps and 30 min of exercise for the day.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 30th, 2015, 5:38 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Not time to do much, unfortunately. I need to work on my seminar for tomorrow. I did walk around the NW campus a bit; I went all the way to the lake and back. Think I have my 10,000 steps and 30 min of exercise for the day.
All irrelevant after a slice of this:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 30th, 2015, 9:17 pm

AD, many vibes.... :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: x 100
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 31st, 2015, 12:50 pm

Way back in his former life Native, always and ever upgrading, gave me his old iPad. I think he was a high school freshman then. Well, it finally just crashed. My question is what do you do with an antique iPad?
Love, Ima
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 31st, 2015, 1:35 pm

The NOrthwestern Union Bulding has a GREAT Rick Bayless Frontera Grill...

Just saying! :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 31st, 2015, 5:24 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Way back in his former life Native, always and ever upgrading, gave me his old iPad. I think he was a high school freshman then. Well, it finally just crashed. My question is what do you do with an antique iPad?
Love, Ima
Well, you could use it as a coaster for your cold beverage! Or you could Frisbee it into carolina fan's car. Nah, we'd have to bail you out, which we would, but I'd hate for you to ruin your perfect record for being ladylike!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 31st, 2015, 7:56 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Way back in his former life Native, always and ever upgrading, gave me his old iPad. I think he was a high school freshman then. Well, it finally just crashed. My question is what do you do with an antique iPad?
Love, Ima
Well, you could use it as a coaster for your cold beverage! Or you could Frisbee it into carolina fan's car. Nah, we'd have to bail you out, which we would, but I'd hate for you to ruin your perfect record for being ladylike!
Hmmmm. Well I DO try to remember to keep my dress down. But that's about as ladylike as I get.
Love, Ima
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » August 1st, 2015, 8:10 am

Love, Ima
The Old Ref in his infinite wisdome suggested a sledge hammer! ;)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 1st, 2015, 9:24 am

Love, Ima
You certainly got a lot of use out of that IPad! And got your money's worth!

Where do all old IPads, Tablets, Computers, Phones Go?????
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 1st, 2015, 3:44 pm

To an electronics recycler?
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 1st, 2015, 5:55 pm

Probably to the same place old elephants go to die.
Love, Ima
PS The dang thing just woke up!!!! Go figure. I had a crash message on the screen before. It's magic! :shifty: I'm gonna name it "cat" 'cause it has nine lives. So it's back on my kitchen counter where I mostly use it to look up recipes.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 1st, 2015, 6:33 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:To an electronics recycler?
That's what I was going to suggest. Does Best Buy still give store credit for old electronics?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » August 2nd, 2015, 1:15 pm

They don't give credit, but Best Buy will take just about anything. Of course, their definition of "recycle" might be different than mine, but I figure they take it someplace where they can salvage whatever they can. I hoed out a bunch of old peripherals, computers, accessories, and other tech junk and they took it all. They even have bins for batteries, cords, CD cases and such.
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 2nd, 2015, 3:57 pm

Interesting interview. The person who would be my boss was too busy to come to my seminar. My only meeting with him was over dinner. After talking extensively in vague generalities, he offered me $10k less than I'm currently making. I told him this and also said I'm not sure how I fit into the picture. I got the impression that he was going to come up with more money, but I'm still not sure exactly what I would be doing or how I'm different from other members of the team. Seems as though the team has too many chiefs and not enough Indians, if you know what I mean. The final word was that I would get a formal offer sometime within the next two weeks. In summary, I did not feel the love. It was all very weird.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 2nd, 2015, 4:38 pm

Well, if they up the offer, are you interested in jumping a sinking ship? I phrased the question like that intentionally. :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 2nd, 2015, 5:05 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Well, if they up the offer, are you interested in jumping a sinking ship? I phrased the question like that intentionally. :9f:
It will very much depend upon the nature of the job. The very worst option for me is staying in my current position. This could be next worst for several reasons, all based on the type of work I want to do. I have another option that came into the mix last week, but I am not at liberty to reveal any details at this point. If it happens, it is a very viable possibility with and could be the best of my options.
-- Albert Einstein