Life is good.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: Life is good.

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 8:06 pm

bjornolf wrote::ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: for Cathy. As long as it doesn't make 8-x jealous.

%%-
Bjornolf - hug away!!!!! I know where you live! :D I was worried about my girl also and sending vibes, prayers and hugs :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: !!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 8:14 pm

CathyCA wrote:I had my little surgeries today. Like my friend Kenny Dennard says, any day above ground is a good day.

So long as it's not cancer (or a malignancy) that I'm dealing with, my problems are small.

Life is good.
Sending vibes and prayers from VA (where the internet is really good!!!! :D) for a healthy outcome and speedy recovery!!!!! <3 O:-) @};-

I agree with Kenny :-bd , I think this often, especially upon opening eyes and praying for you, everyone here on CTN, my kiddos and everyone I will encounter throughout the day that we may all be touched by God's grace and understanding in all of our dealings and interactions!!!! :ympray:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 8:17 pm

Ben63 wrote:This is a picture of me at my first workcamp in 2005 in Virginia Beach. Thats me in the red hat.

Ben - excellent post! BTW - who is that brunette to your right? She's cute!!!! :D Snatch her up before Shamrog does!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 8:19 pm

Ben63 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
CHWC? Not sure what that stands for but I was at a Group Workcamps Week of Hope.

CHWC is Catholic Heart WorkCamp. It sounds exactly the same as what you went to. 1 adult and 5-6 teens work together at a local non-profit or a residents home (usually elderly or disabled.) I have been to four camps in Virginia Beach, Toledo, Pittsburgh, and Lexington, KY.

In VA Beach I worked for an elderly man who was also a pack rat. His place was an absolute mess but after 4 days of hard work we did a bunch landscaping and yardwork as well as cleaning out his house. Totally fulfilling experience. In Toledo I worked at the Boys and Girls Club as well as the Salvation Army. In Pittsburgh we worked for an elderly lady an did yardwork and painted her deck. And in Lexington we cleaned out an reorganized a storage garage at the Salvation Army.

The experience is fantastic and I feel I get more out of it than the people I help do. It also creates lasting friendships from 4 days of work with total strangers from other states. Through this experience I have friends from VA, NC, IL, MN, TN, WI, and IA.

Life is good. I really regret not going this year. Those weeks are usually the best of the year and I can't wait to go next year.
Ben - excellent, excellent, excellent!!!!! Keep it up my young friend! I can't agree more... being of service to someone else without any expectation in return is so rewarding!!!!!!! I am proud of you!!!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 8:20 pm

Miles wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
Miles wrote: I think the world is a better place with all of my CTN and DBR chums around. Though I've been absent in recent weeks, I do think of y'all often and it's mostly good thoughts too. :-D Thanks for everyone being around and sticking through the though times.
Yeah I see how you are... out of sight, out of mind. :p :-* ;;)

:D
Like I said, mostly good thoughts. ;-)

xoxo
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 8:29 pm

Sue71 wrote:
captmojo wrote:I'll be back on later to hit the "shit" thread. Before I do, I want to preface those remarks with these, which I believe in quite firmly.

The people I have been fortunate enough to associate with here, and a few over yonder, are the kindest-hearted and most accepting people I could ever hope to meet in cyber, or any other space, of existence. I mean this from the bottom of my heart. You guys are so well learned and peaceful and happy that it would make all others appear very, very pale in comparison. I am one of the luckiest folks in the world to count myself amongst you.

Thank you for being what you are and please, don't ever change.
@};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- :-*
For as much as my life is crap at the moment, I do have to agree whole-heartedly with Captmojo. Y'all are awesome. Seriously. Some of my non-imaginary friends haven't checked up on me as much as you guys have.
I will 3rd that!!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd Sue it is just a rainy day... and the sun and rainbow WILL come out again! Send me a PM with your phone and I'll really annoy you!!!! :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 8:32 pm

wilson wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
For as much as my life is crap at the moment, I do have to agree whole-heartedly with Captmojo. Y'all are awesome. Seriously. Some of my non-imaginary friends haven't checked up on me as much as you guys have.
I've been thinking about the same a good bit lately. I truly believe that if all ~50 of us could ever actually get together, it would be as much a gathering of dear friends as any party among "real-life" friends. After taking a while to come to terms with the fact that I have internet friends :-B , I have wholeheartedly given thanks for this bunch a lot in recent months.
I agree!!!! Brunch gates my man!!!! It will happen!!!! They are awesome!!!! :-bd
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 8:34 pm

devildeac wrote:
captmojo wrote:I'll be back on later to hit the "shit" thread. Before I do, I want to preface those remarks with these, which I believe in quite firmly.

The people I have been fortunate enough to associate with here, and a few over yonder, are the kindest-hearted and most accepting people I could ever hope to meet in cyber, or any other space, of existence. I mean this from the bottom of my heart. You guys are so well learned and peaceful and happy that it would make all others appear very, very pale in comparison. I am one of the luckiest folks in the world to count myself amongst you.

Thank you for being what you are and please, don't ever change.
@};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- :-*
:(( :ymhug:

Almost makes me NOT want to post anything more on the Life is not Good thread....

I said, "almost." :roll: :oops:
DD, YOU are killing me!!!! I love ya man!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :D :D :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 8:36 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
I've been thinking about the same a good bit lately. I truly believe that if all ~50 of us could ever actually get together, it would be as much a gathering of dear friends as any party among "real-life" friends. After taking a while to come to terms with the fact that I have internet friends :-B , I have wholeheartedly given thanks for this bunch a lot in recent months.
I agree that it would be a great party - I got to find this out in a small way this past weekend when I got to meet a just a few of the people from the board. I had a great time!
Hey, here's a thought .... with all that electricity you are saving by not running your AC, you can enjoy a brunchgate or three and celebrate the devils win against their opponents..... this falll, what do ya think? :-? :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 8:38 pm

Miles wrote:
devildeac wrote:
wilson wrote:Well, if the negative Nancies are going to start their own thread, then by golly, I'm resurrecting this one, so as to bring balance to the Force, er, board.
Life is good, dammit! X(
Proof?
You're asking this question. The world is a better place with devildeac around.
I'll 2nd that!!!! :-bd :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 8:39 pm

wilson wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Life would be better if Wilson had returned the Beach Babes' calls.
How long before I live that one down? I told y'all, I was on the beach myself. Didn't hear the phone, buried in the beach bag, over the pounding surf. I'm sorry. :-?? :(
I'm still waiting to hear how exactly y'all got my mother's telephone number.
Haven't you learned that Mother's ALWAYS KNOW what you are doing, silly boy????? =)) =)) =)) :-? :-? :-?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 3rd, 2009, 9:45 pm

captmojo wrote:"BACK IN THE SADDLE....AGAIN!"

Just got off the phone. They want me back. I've done my time. I'm expected back next Monday.
It might serve Goober right if I used vacation time for the first couple of weeks :-? ...nah.
The realities of their needing my services outweighs any costs incurred from the past.
I have cost them money, but I've brought them a LOT more revenues then I've ever cost them. Also, I'd be ready to hit the ground running, as opposed to a new hire replacement that would need training.
Neither party really wanted to have to go to the next level of the grievance procedure.
My attorney in Sanford has assured me, that due to my exemplary driving record, he'll get the legal charges reduced.

Now, to get reduced, my personal emotional charges. I feel so badly for the young lady that was injured. I hope she receives every bit of restorative compensation she can be entitled to, and then some. I've been through injuries before and NO level of cash can replace a rehabbed body, or body part.

Crazievibes are the total BEST. YOU FOLKS ROCK!
:-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

I couldn't ask for a better post for hittin' #500 with. (for myself)
GREAT news! Congrats!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 3rd, 2009, 9:48 pm

Thanks!
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 3rd, 2009, 10:17 pm

captmojo wrote:"BACK IN THE SADDLE....AGAIN!"

Just got off the phone. They want me back. I've done my time. I'm expected back next Monday.
It might serve Goober right if I used vacation time for the first couple of weeks :-? ...nah.
The realities of their needing my services outweighs any costs incurred from the past.
I have cost them money, but I've brought them a LOT more revenues then I've ever cost them. Also, I'd be ready to hit the ground running, as opposed to a new hire replacement that would need training.
Neither party really wanted to have to go to the next level of the grievance procedure.
My attorney in Sanford has assured me, that due to my exemplary driving record, he'll get the legal charges reduced.

Now, to get reduced, my personal emotional charges. I feel so badly for the young lady that was injured. I hope she receives every bit of restorative compensation she can be entitled to, and then some. I've been through injuries before and NO level of cash can replace a rehabbed body, or body part.

Crazievibes are the total BEST. YOU FOLKS ROCK!
:-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

I couldn't ask for a better post for hittin' #500 with. (for myself)
Congratulations, Captain!

And I'm hoping for the very best for the injured woman.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 3rd, 2009, 10:26 pm

Thanks again.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 4th, 2009, 6:54 am

I'm taking heart reading so many of your sagas from their beginnings to the endings. I feel such relief when one of you gets through to the end of a trauma and can breathe again. I guess it's the old mother hen in me. I also seem to feel a certain energy for the day just knowing you are all out there with your sleeves rolled up working through something and then picking up right where you left off with your lives once you have overcome.

I'm very, very tired and pretty worried and discouraged these days. Feeling that the good times are behind me and that pretty much of the road the rest of the way will be difficult. So I'm looking for small joys to punctuate my days. Knowing I can click the CTN icon and spend a few minutes with you busy, crazy, energetic, kind, multitalented, aggravated, smart, compassionate friends is priceless to me.

Never underestimate the value of what you are doing here.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 4th, 2009, 10:31 am

There are good times ahead for all of us no matter what we deal with. I find the more crap I wade through, the more beautiful life is! (oh yeah! life fertilizer to make the sweet times sweeter!) When I really went through it 6 1/2 years ago I promised myself to take nothing for granted. I thought that would eventually fade, but it hasn't. Life is very, very good. It wouldn't be so wonderful if I hadn't cried so many tears or had my heart broken more than once.

That being said, when I'm in the middle of a new crap time, I allow myself to feel it and to be sad, mad, scared or whatever I need to feel. I just try to hold onto the fact that the situation is temporary. Just as Ima said, nothing is permanent.

Hang tough everybody! I'm glad we have each other for this crazy ride called "life!" Oh, and GO DUKE!!!! (that always makes me happy)
DukePA

Post by DukePA » August 4th, 2009, 10:32 am

And, I still can't believe I live on an island!!! All are welcome to visit!!

GTHC, GTH!!!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 4th, 2009, 10:59 am

DukePA wrote:And, I still can't believe I live on an island!!! All are welcome to visit!!

GTHC, GTH!!!
Be careful with offers like that. I've been known to take people up on them.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » August 4th, 2009, 11:21 am

wilson wrote:
DukePA wrote:And, I still can't believe I live on an island!!! All are welcome to visit!!

GTHC, GTH!!!
Be careful with offers like that. I've been known to take people up on them.
Please do! We have lots of room and love it when people visit. We're renting a 4 bedroom house so that we can easily accomodate guests. And to entice you guys: we're 2 houses from the sound, 1 1/2 blocks from the beach, have 6 decks, a screened porch, hot tub, 2 kayaks, and an outdoor fire bowl. We're working on getting a garage fridge and portable Tiki bar and plan to begin brewing beer this Fall. Party!