LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

As the Bunsen Burns

Post by ArkieDukie » April 2nd, 2015, 7:04 pm

Our departmental business manager and I had a meeting with The Boss this afternoon. The purpose was to discuss my work efforts, but we went in armed to deal with the WEC situation. Unfortunately The Boss would have nothing to do with that particular discussion. He cut us off and told us that he is not interested in hearing about the problem, only a solution. Since WEC got to him first, I would interpret that to mean that he has no interest in hearing anything I have to say on the situation. At this point, I believe my only option is to keep my mouth shut and let things play out. I sincerely hope it means that the lawyers for the instrument company tell him to take a long walk off a short plank.

Regarding time, there was one VERY interesting outcome of the meeting: my % effort for Road Runner was cut from 30% to 10%. The Boss approved 20% for MacGyver with the potential to pick up more later. She has sent the official email to Road Runner to inform her of The Boss' decision. If RR has responded, I was not copied on the message.

I had a chat with the business administrator after the meeting and filled her in on a few things. She now understands why MacGyver does not want to pay any of Road Runner's salary from his grant, and she understands why I am now included on the project. Apparently Road Runner has been bugging her very regularly about the account number of MacGyver's grant so she can start drawing her salary support from it. The business admin has been putting her off, but I fear she cannot do so indefinitely. MacGyver needs to deal with the situation, and he needs to do it sooner rather than later. She's also now aware of the fact that Road Runner was given a pretty hefty sum of money to do work for MacGyver's project, and she knows that the work was never completed. Since she is currently sorting out the finances relating to the account where that chunk of money came from, things might get interesting. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Native » April 3rd, 2015, 11:32 am

Feet on the ground in Indy!

LET'S DO THIS!

:duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 3rd, 2015, 11:41 am

Native wrote:Feet on the ground in Indy!

LET'S DO THIS!

:duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
Yay Native!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 3rd, 2015, 1:56 pm

LET'S DO THIS!

Have a great time. Hope you got a place to stay! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 3rd, 2015, 7:05 pm

LET'S DO THIS!

Go, Native! Cheer loudly!
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » April 3rd, 2015, 9:16 pm

LET'S DO THIS!

Have fun and bring home a trophy! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 3rd, 2015, 9:17 pm

Rumor is that I missed a Road Runner meltdown of epic proportions today, regarding The Boss' reallocation of my time. So sorry I missed that. Not. :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 3rd, 2015, 9:18 pm

IowaDevil wrote:

LET'S DO THIS!

Have fun and bring home a trophy! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
I like the way you think, ID!
-- Albert Einstein
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 4th, 2015, 4:42 am

LET'S DO THIS!

Look out Indianapolis, "Here Come the Blue Devils" !!!!!

Cheer Loud ! :duke: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke:
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » April 4th, 2015, 7:15 am

OK, Native - Represent!!
:duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 5th, 2015, 6:06 am

Anybody catch the Kentucky press conference! Way to stay classy, Harrison.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 5th, 2015, 8:38 am

Duke and Notre Dame have a lacrosse match at noon on ESPNU. Go Duke!!! :duke: :duke: :duke:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 6th, 2015, 8:16 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Rumor is that I missed a Road Runner meltdown of epic proportions today, regarding The Boss' reallocation of my time. So sorry I missed that. Not. :ymdevil:

I assume Boss did not cave in?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 6th, 2015, 9:17 am

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Rumor is that I missed a Road Runner meltdown of epic proportions today, regarding The Boss' reallocation of my time. So sorry I missed that. Not. :ymdevil:

I do not know. I won't be back at the office until tomorrow. All I know is that she went off on the departmental business administrator. Fortunately, I had filled her in a bit on RR's recent behavior, so she had an inkling of what to expect. Unbeknownst to her, it sounds as though RR gave credibility to everything I said. :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 6th, 2015, 10:13 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote:

I do not know. I won't be back at the office until tomorrow. All I know is that she went off on the departmental business administrator. Fortunately, I had filled her in a bit on RR's recent behavior, so she had an inkling of what to expect. Unbeknownst to her, it sounds as though RR gave credibility to everything I said. :ymdevil:

I love it when that happens :)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 7th, 2015, 8:06 am

Good Morning! Still feels AWESOME!!!!!

@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 7th, 2015, 8:09 am

DAMN, we won another one!

(Okay, okay, the young men on the court did everything so my inclusive we comes with obvious disclaimers. But 3 NCs in 10 months is great. Women's Golf, Men's LAX and Men's Basketball. Just waiting for a bowl game breakthrough!)
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » April 7th, 2015, 8:34 am

bjornolf wrote:Good Morning! Still feels AWESOME!!!!!

I so agree! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 7th, 2015, 8:34 am

windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 7th, 2015, 9:20 am

Hmmmm...the website for the Duke Store seems to be having issues. I wonder why....