LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Sue71 » April 16th, 2009, 12:30 am

Bostondevil wrote:Nope, just offered up by the chairman of the department of pediatric oncology as a runner with a potentially interesting story. They are going to film Ronnie a little bit too.
Very nice! Now you're obligated to post a link so we can see the cutie pie in action. And you too. :p
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » April 16th, 2009, 12:39 am

TillyGalore wrote:It's about a little girl who is murdered in 1973 (or some time in the early 70's), and she narrates the book talking about heaven, how her family and friends are coping with her death. When I first heard about it I remember thinking I am so not ready to read this book. A few weeks ago I was shopping for a book and saw it and decided that I am in a better place in my life to deal with it. So glad I picked it up.
Oh, good, glad to hear a review. I remember thinking the same thing when I first heard about it as well (not in a good place to read it.)

I confess to currently being addicted to a literary equivalent of potato chips - a vampire romance novel/mystery series by Charlaine Harris. The first book, Dead Until Dark, was the basis for the HBO series, True Blood. Instead of reading it, I'm listening to the audiobook, and the narrator is as good as Jim Dale who does the Harry Potter series (british version.) It'd be a good beach read/listen for anyone looking for something a little different.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 16th, 2009, 1:23 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I can no longer keep up. And that is flat out awesome. There are too many topics floating around here for me to read every thread. I just think that is way cool. Y'all rock. (We have only been live for a week, most websites would kill for our traffic) (At least new ones, meaning even a few months old)

Over 1600 posts in a week is pretty damned good. What does that work out to be - about 225 posts per day or something like that? God, we are post whores aren't we?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » April 16th, 2009, 1:40 am

What, are people sleeping or something?
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 16th, 2009, 3:07 am

Sue71 wrote:What, are people sleeping or something?

Even whores like us need a break once in a while!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » April 16th, 2009, 4:23 am

I'm here. :-bd
sMiles
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 16th, 2009, 4:35 am

Miles wrote:

You are not the only one...
Miles

Post by Miles » April 16th, 2009, 4:37 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
Miles wrote:

You are not the only one...
Sweet! I mean, not really. But yeah.
sMiles
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 16th, 2009, 4:47 am

Minor fiasco at work= fell asleep okay but awake by 4:00 a.m.

What took me so long to start posting?
Shammrog
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Shammrog » April 16th, 2009, 5:38 am

This post is even more fucking gratuitous than my last one.
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » April 16th, 2009, 5:40 am

I feel so... cheap.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 16th, 2009, 7:55 am

CathyCA wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I'm signing off to get ready for bed. Will snuggle up in bed with a new book I'm reading, "The Lovely Bones." Has anyone read that book? I didn't think I'd like, but find it completely fascinating.
LOVE.THAT.BOOK. :D

I loved that book as well. My daughter read it a few years ago (about six months after her long time best friend had died in a car accident) and gave it to me. It is one of my favorites.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 16th, 2009, 8:22 am

DevilAlumna wrote:I confess to currently being addicted to a literary equivalent of potato chips - a vampire romance novel/mystery series by Charlaine Harris. The first book, Dead Until Dark, was the basis for the HBO series, True Blood. Instead of reading it, I'm listening to the audiobook, and the narrator is as good as Jim Dale who does the Harry Potter series (british version.) It'd be a good beach read/listen for anyone looking for something a little different.
I'll look it up for my wife at the library. Sounds like something she'd like. Have you read the Jim Butcher series? My wife LOVES that one. It's about a wizard living in modern day Chicago. It's not really a romance, but there are romantic elements (his longtime love was turned into a vampire, and he's trying to find a cure for her). It's pretty cool. I like them too. It's called the Dresden Files, and I think the first one is called Fool Moon.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 16th, 2009, 8:23 am

Bostondevil wrote:Nope, just offered up by the chairman of the department of pediatric oncology as a runner with a potentially interesting story. They are going to film Ronnie a little bit too.
Cool! :D

Good luck on Monday! Question: are you wearing #9F?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » April 16th, 2009, 9:38 am

Anyone else a class of 'x4 or 'x9 grad? I'm '99 and prepping for the reunion this weekend. First friend arrived last night, sans husband, with a 3 year old and 3 month old. Staying at our house. We've got our 1 year old and two little dogs. Yip-yip dogs. Utter madness last night. Dogs went to "camp" this morning. Friend number two arrives tomorrow with husband in tow, 2 year old and fetus. It's going to be a mad crazy weekend.
-- DukeUsul
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 16th, 2009, 9:45 am

DukeUsul wrote:Anyone else a class of 'x4 or 'x9 grad? I'm '99 and prepping for the reunion this weekend.
Cathy and Clbunchofnumbers will be there for the reunion. I, and several others, will be brunchgating Saturday in the I.D. lot at the corner of 751 and Science drive before the spring football game.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 16th, 2009, 9:47 am

My 20th reunion is in June, though won't be attending due to HUGE vacation in May.

I can't believe it's been 20 years since I graduated college. It really does seem like yesterday. Time flies whether your having fun or not. Though I am definitely having fun these days. :) :) :) :) :)
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » April 16th, 2009, 9:48 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Anyone else a class of 'x4 or 'x9 grad? I'm '99 and prepping for the reunion this weekend.
Cathy and Clbunchofnumbers will be there for the reunion. I, and several others, will be brunchgating Saturday in the I.D. lot at the corner of 751 and Science drive before the spring football game.
Yeah I doubt we'll be able to hit the brunchgate. :( With 4 kids under 3 yrs, we're just plain HOPING to get out of the house and over to the game - not sure what else will happen.
-- DukeUsul
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 16th, 2009, 9:53 am

Shinkickers Unite!

Just found out that this really sweet girl I work with was dumped by her boyfriend over Christmas, on the phone. The bastard couldn't even wait until she got back to NC.

Shinkickers, please send mental kicks to a guy whose initials are KW here at Duke.

Thanks!!!!
I worship the Blue Devil!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 16th, 2009, 10:29 am

DukeUsul wrote:Anyone else a class of 'x4 or 'x9 grad? I'm '99 and prepping for the reunion this weekend. First friend arrived last night, sans husband, with a 3 year old and 3 month old. Staying at our house. We've got our 1 year old and two little dogs. Yip-yip dogs. Utter madness last night. Dogs went to "camp" this morning. Friend number two arrives tomorrow with husband in tow, 2 year old and fetus. It's going to be a mad crazy weekend.
YES! Reunion weekend has arrived!

We are going to party like it's 1984! We're driving over to Durham today. I have airport duty, picking up friends who are flying in from D.C. and San Diego. I'm so excited! I can hardly stand it! Go Duke! 9F 9F 9F!!!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith