Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by TillyGalore » August 3rd, 2009, 12:43 pm

Shammrog wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Shammrog wrote:I think I need a stimulus package.
Once again, not getting NEAR that topic. Unless you're looking for a BOWEL stimulus package. Then I'd have a suggestion or two. :roll: :oops:
Stimulus... hehe... for my package... hehe...
Wouldn't that be Mrs. Shammrog? Bless her heart. ;) ;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » August 3rd, 2009, 12:45 pm

So Shamm, do you want us to do anything about it, or are you happy with the way things are? :ymdevil:
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Shammrog
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Shammrog » August 3rd, 2009, 12:46 pm

Bostondevil wrote:So Shamm, do you want us to do anything about it, or are you happy with the way things are? :ymdevil:
No comment... :-ss
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 3rd, 2009, 1:35 pm

Phase I of the great room clean/reclamation project is done. Laundry started, things well underway. Will take me the rest of the afternoon, but actually not looking too bad, now that I've got the ball rolling.
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 3rd, 2009, 1:46 pm

(Please note that I have now STOPPED telling everyone that I am horny. From this point forward until further notice, please assume this to be unchanged.)

Thank you.
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 3rd, 2009, 1:47 pm

Wow. Every time you post this number under your screenname increases by 1...
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 3rd, 2009, 1:49 pm

Shammrog wrote:Wow. Every time you post this number under your screenname increases by 1...
Really? I hadn't noticed that.
Life is good!
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 3rd, 2009, 1:54 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Shammrog wrote:Wow. Every time you post this number under your screenname increases by 1...
Really? I hadn't noticed that.
Yeah - look: 305!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 3rd, 2009, 2:30 pm

Tired day today. Poor Katie Claire had a 104.6 fever at 3am this morning. We called our doctor's 24 hr line and they recommended we take her into the ER. The doctors and nurses at the Duke children's ER were great - although a bit slow since they were dealing with a more important child trauma case that had come in just ahead of us. Thankfully Katie doesn't appear to have anything too serious, probably something viral, and we'll be giving her healthy doses of Tylenol and ibuprofen for a few days to keep the temps down.

I need a nap.
-- DukeUsul
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 3rd, 2009, 2:33 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Tired day today. Poor Katie Claire had a 104.6 fever at 3am this morning. We called our doctor's 24 hr line and they recommended we take her into the ER. The doctors and nurses at the Duke children's ER were great - although a bit slow since they were dealing with a more important child trauma case that had come in just ahead of us. Thankfully Katie doesn't appear to have anything too serious, probably something viral, and we'll be giving her healthy doses of Tylenol and ibuprofen for a few days to keep the temps down.

I need a nap.
Poor Katie. I hope she's feeling better soon, and that you and Mrs. DukeUsul get some needed rest.
I worship the Blue Devil!
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 3rd, 2009, 2:34 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Tired day today. Poor Katie Claire had a 104.6 fever at 3am this morning. We called our doctor's 24 hr line and they recommended we take her into the ER. The doctors and nurses at the Duke children's ER were great - although a bit slow since they were dealing with a more important child trauma case that had come in just ahead of us. Thankfully Katie doesn't appear to have anything too serious, probably something viral, and we'll be giving her healthy doses of Tylenol and ibuprofen for a few days to keep the temps down.

I need a nap.
Poor Katie. I hope she's feeling better soon, and that you and Mrs. DukeUsul get some needed rest.
She said it all. %%-
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 3rd, 2009, 2:47 pm

I would have NEVER known that... :oops: :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 3rd, 2009, 2:53 pm

devildeac wrote:
I would have NEVER known that... :oops: :roll:
I was waiting for you to chime in on this topic.
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 3rd, 2009, 2:56 pm

I need a nap.
Jeez, that's a hell of a fever and, I'd imagine, quite the load of worry for a parent. Vibes.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 3rd, 2009, 3:01 pm

Well, it looks like I won't be getting to Columbia until next week. Coordinating with my brother on getting furniture out of here, getting into the storage unit, etc. just wasn't going to happen.
It really cuts my research time in Columbia more than I'd like, but this way, my time there will be more focused. I'll also be able to really enjoy my birthday weekend, as opposed to having to spend a good chunk of it moving.
In the end, losing another couple of days of research kind of sucks, but in the long run, it won't be that different. I know I'll have to go back anyway, and it'll still be plenty of time to get there and start cataloging the things I need.
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » August 3rd, 2009, 3:29 pm

wilson wrote:Well, it looks like I won't be getting to Columbia until next week. Coordinating with my brother on getting furniture out of here, getting into the storage unit, etc. just wasn't going to happen.
It really cuts my research time in Columbia more than I'd like, but this way, my time there will be more focused. I'll also be able to really enjoy my birthday weekend, as opposed to having to spend a good chunk of it moving.
In the end, losing another couple of days of research kind of sucks, but in the long run, it won't be that different. I know I'll have to go back anyway, and it'll still be plenty of time to get there and start cataloging the things I need.
When are you returning to your homeland?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 3rd, 2009, 3:34 pm

Shammrog wrote:
wilson wrote:Well, it looks like I won't be getting to Columbia until next week. Coordinating with my brother on getting furniture out of here, getting into the storage unit, etc. just wasn't going to happen.
When are you returning to your homeland?
To Atlanta? It now looks like I'll be here through the weekend, albeit with tons to do.
My permanent return date for the start of the school year is August 26.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 3rd, 2009, 3:47 pm

I need a nap.
Oh man, I'm so sorry. That really sucks. My neighbor's daughter, Kaitlyn, who's 2, had a fever that spiked to 105.0 a few weeks ago. They took her to the hospital and got her treated. They ran a BATTERY of tests, and were never able to figure out exactly what had happened. She's fine now, thank God. Weird, though, eh? Hope Katie recovers as well. My Katie will be pulling for her. :ymhug:

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 3rd, 2009, 4:19 pm

I need a nap.
Awww, poor baby! The only good news is that kids that age can spike these really high fevers and still recover quickly. It's amazing. I've asked all my sons at one time or another how they do that. So far, none have been able to give me an adequate answer.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 3rd, 2009, 4:23 pm

Yesterday was Day 1 (again) of a newer and better me project. I got out my K-Bell and exercised to the DVD. It's a real workout. I got very sweaty and today I'm kinda sore, in a good way. I figure if I'm really gonna run another marathon (in 4 years), I'm doing it the right way this time which means at least some weight training.

Plus, I wanna be able to kick some ass.