LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » January 29th, 2015, 6:14 pm

devildeac wrote:Wait! Bill Nye signed on with CTN?

http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/memb ... ile&u=6123
And he just posted in the Rasheed thread.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 29th, 2015, 6:19 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:

And it got edited. :naughty: That's a hell of a welcome to CTN. =)) (Seriously, welcome! :ymhug: )
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » January 29th, 2015, 7:02 pm

IowaDevil wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Just checking in. I've been as busy as a long tailed cat in a room full of rockers lately. (Still too many patients to tend.)
Missing all of you and just thought I'd tell you so. :ymhug:
Love, Ima :ymhug:
Good to hear from you - we were getting worried! Hugs to you and those patients! Vibes as well! :ymhug: :wizard:
DItto!!! Sending healing and get some rest vibes to all of you!!! (((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 31st, 2015, 11:28 am

I just realized that there are two praying smilies :pray: and :YMPRAY: in the selection. Are they really any different?
Life is good!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 31st, 2015, 1:32 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I just realized that there are two praying smilies :pray: and :YMPRAY: in the selection. Are they really any different?
The one on the right has a little more orange shading on the sides :)
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 31st, 2015, 2:01 pm

DukePA wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:I just realized that there are two praying smilies :pray: and :YMPRAY: in the selection. Are they really any different?
The one on the right has a little more orange shading on the sides :)
And the one on the left looks like he is shouting first. :D
Life is good!
ScienceGuy
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by ScienceGuy » January 31st, 2015, 5:01 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:

And now I'm posting in the LTE. :D

I hope everyone is doing well.
Tentative timetable until cold fusion: 20 years
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 31st, 2015, 5:25 pm

ScienceGuy wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

And now I'm posting in the LTE. :D

I hope everyone is doing well.
You must post in the LTE often. You have family responsibilities to do so.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » February 1st, 2015, 8:20 pm

Niece Michelle's #withdad tweet is up: Image

Pretty sure the shirt wasn't orange to begin with but the picture is a few years old.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 2nd, 2015, 11:18 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Niece Michelle's #withdad tweet is up: Image

Pretty sure the shirt wasn't orange to begin with but the picture is a few years old.
Sweet!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 2nd, 2015, 12:50 pm

Whitney Houston's DAughter, Bobbie Kristina Brown overdosed and was found in a bath tub in a hotel (sound familar like her Mother).....rushed to hospital. And is in a Coma. I am sure the BK saw a lot while growing up around Whitney and Bobbie Brown. Prayers for Bobbie Kristina, and made she be restored to good health. :wizard:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 2nd, 2015, 1:31 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Niece Michelle's #withdad tweet is up: Image

This is a cool picture. Thanks for posting!
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 4th, 2015, 9:54 am

<incoming rant>

Poodles come in a variety of colors. Black, brown, silver, red, cream, apricot and white. Tyler is a Cream - Creams can vary from almost white to nearly apricot in outward appearance. I do not expect the average person to be able to tell the difference between a dark cream and a light apricot. I expect a vet, a vet tech and a groomer to be able to tell instantly (skin color, nail color, eye color, nose color and lip color are different in a cream vs. a apricot) Ty's a dark cream - his eyes are very dark brown. His lips, nose and nails are jet black. HIs skin and his base color are off white. All these are clear indications he is not apricot. My groomer hired a new person and when I took Tyler in yesterday the ninny called him Apricot about 6 times - Jamie (the shop owner/master groomer) finally corrected her, and which point the Newbie admitted she could 'never tell them apart anyway'. Without delving deeply into poodle genetics (which are freakishly complex when it comes to color) and launching a discussion about dilute genes let us just say it matters from health point of view. Reds/Apricots (Apricot is red with the fading gene) have particular health issues creams/whites/blacks do not. Apricots and Reds are more prone to eye and skin issues. It is important for a groomer to know this. It is important for a vet to know this. When Tyler went for his first vet appt at 10 weeks of age she took one look and correctly IDed him as cream. So did the vet tech. If they had not, I would have thought long and hard about finding a new vet.
I know it is a small thing - but really it isn't hard.

<end rant>
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » February 4th, 2015, 9:59 am

windsor wrote:<incoming rant>

Poodles come in a variety of colors. Black, brown, silver, red, cream, apricot and white. Tyler is a Cream - Creams can vary from almost white to nearly apricot in outward appearance. I do not expect the average person to be able to tell the difference between a dark cream and a light apricot. I expect a vet, a vet tech and a groomer to be able to tell instantly (skin color, nail color, eye color, nose color and lip color are different in a cream vs. a apricot) Ty's a dark cream - his eyes are very dark brown. His lips, nose and nails are jet black. HIs skin and his base color are off white. All these are clear indications he is not apricot. My groomer hired a new person and when I took Tyler in yesterday the ninny called him Apricot about 6 times - Jamie (the shop owner/master groomer) finally corrected her, and which point the Newbie admitted she could 'never tell them apart anyway'. Without delving deeply into poodle genetics (which are freakishly complex when it comes to color) and launching a discussion about dilute genes let us just say it matters from health point of view. Reds/Apricots (Apricot is red with the fading gene) have particular health issues creams/whites/blacks do not. Apricots and Reds are more prone to eye and skin issues. It is important for a groomer to know this. It is important for a vet to know this. When Tyler went for his first vet appt at 10 weeks of age she took one look and correctly IDed him as cream. So did the vet tech. If they had not, I would have thought long and hard about finding a new vet.
I know it is a small thing - but really it isn't hard.

<end rant>
Hopefully, Jamie will have a few discussions with the new groomer about why such things are important. If the new groomer doesn't learn the lessons, Tyler should bark at her anytime the word apricot is used. :O3 :animals-dogrun:
Life is good!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 4th, 2015, 10:21 am

DukieInKansas wrote:

<end rant>
Hopefully, Jamie will have a few discussions with the new groomer about why such things are important. If the new groomer doesn't learn the lessons, Tyler should bark at her anytime the word apricot is used. :O3 :animals-dogrun:
My poodle, Trixie, was a toy poodle, that weighed 5 lbs, as an adult. She was white and apricot as a baby, and the runt of the litter. Her Father was a beautiful White toy poddle, named Frosty BonBon. Trixie's apricot color faded as her White coat came in, during the first year. Trixie was a beautiful toy poodle. She lived almost 15 years. :O3 :O3 :pray: All Dogs go to Heaven
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 4th, 2015, 10:27 am

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

<end rant>
My poodle, Trixie, was a toy poodle, that weighed 5 lbs, as an adult. She was white and apricot as a baby, and the runt of the litter. Her Father was a beautiful White toy poddle, named Frosty BonBon. Trixie's apricot color faded as her White coat came in, during the first year. Trixie was a beautiful toy poodle. She lived almost 15 years. :O3 :O3 :pray: All Dogs go to Heaven

If there are no dogs in heaven, I am going where they went.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 4th, 2015, 2:44 pm

windsor wrote:
DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote: Hopefully, Jamie will have a few discussions with the new groomer about why such things are important. If the new groomer doesn't learn the lessons, Tyler should bark at her anytime the word apricot is used. :O3 :animals-dogrun:

If there are no dogs in heaven, I am going where they went.
Me too, Windsor. I like to think my pit bull mix, the Writ of Certiorari, is waiting for me. I still have a picture of him in my office as a puppy with his favorite squeaky toy, from 1989. I buried him in a Duke blanket. I thought it was the least I could do, since he had survived three National Championships. :animals-dogrun:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 4th, 2015, 4:09 pm

Tyler is back home, a little stoned and none too pleased to be wearing a cone. He was lucky - they managed to get both jewels with one incision. He should be fine in a day or so. Jester is hovering over his little buddy. Tyler apparently did not ready the 'no jumping' instructions as he hopped up on the sofa seconds after coming in the house.

All is well.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 4th, 2015, 4:32 pm

windsor wrote:Tyler is back home, a little stoned and none too pleased to be wearing a cone. He was lucky - they managed to get both jewels with one incision. He should be fine in a day or so. Jester is hovering over his little buddy. Tyler apparently did not ready the 'no jumping' instructions as he hopped up on the sofa seconds after coming in the house.

All is well.
Good news! Get better quick, Tyler, and quit jumping!
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 5th, 2015, 10:20 am

I saw where Snoop Dawg's son, Cordell Broadus is going to UCLA and play football. Cordell is a WR and the first in his family to go to college. Good for him!