Kids these days!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Kids these days!

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 9th, 2014, 7:54 pm

f5661c39da987dd1fe98d2bcfdf50b194c548746.jpg
This is Native. He's speaking to Duke Student Government.
He's sporting the unfortunate haircut that dissuaded his mother from taking Thanksgiving family pictures.
(A bunch of them did this for the heels game. )
His grandmother loves him anyway and is hoping its all back to normal before his next job interview. Bless his sweet heart forever.

Love, Ima
(Photo courtesy of the Chronicle)
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: Kids these days!

Post by DukieInKansas » December 9th, 2014, 8:10 pm

Fortunately, hair grows back or could be cut shorter/shaved. In my infinite wisdom of non-parenthood, I always figured hair was the last expression of individuality that you should get upset about since it will grow out.

Visible tattoos are a whole other issue.
Life is good!
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » December 9th, 2014, 11:39 pm

He has yet to answer my FB question...Michael, Michael what HAVE you done to your hair?
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 10th, 2014, 10:55 am

I don't think the hair is that big a deal. Not sure what is wrong with it. Certainly not worthy of omission from family photos.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 10th, 2014, 11:13 am

I've had a mohawk for over 25 years, I support Native. :happy-bouncyblue:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 10th, 2014, 11:15 am

As my mom used to tell her friends whose sons had long hair, "If his hair is all you have to worry about, you're in good shape."

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » December 10th, 2014, 11:28 am

lawgrad91 wrote:As my mom used to tell her friends whose sons had long hair, "If his hair is all you have to worry about, you're in good shape."

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I think the Hair looks like a typical College Student!!!! It isn't pink, or yellow or red or green!
No visible signs of Tattoos on the neck or face!!!!!!!! Or piercings on the face, eye area, in the cheek or lip area, or those big holes in the ears!!!

I think Kids these days are mutulating their bodies and faces with piercings and tattoos.
Tattoos are expensive and use needles! ouch
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 10th, 2014, 6:00 pm

As I've noted before, this is one great guy. He's made us all so proud and has earned the right to wear ANY style he chooses. This latest one has been lots of fun. :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 10th, 2014, 10:54 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:As I've noted before, this is one great guy. He's made us all so proud and has earned the right to wear ANY style he chooses. This latest one has been lots of fun. :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug:
Love, Ima
"Like" The haircut is no big deal. It was done for a good cause. :9f:
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » December 11th, 2014, 4:15 pm

In my defense...

A) As my esteemed grandmother — bless her heart — has mentioned, this was done for the Duke/UNC football game. And a fat lot of good it did me, considering the outcome of that fiasco.

B) The photo does not, in any way, shape, or form, do my outstanding haircut or the good people of the American Tobacco Barber Shop justice. Standards of journalistic quality have been going downhill at the Chronicle for quite some time now. ;)

C) Believe it or not, the new 'do has received multiple compliments from the ladies over on Duke's campus. Whether or not they're being sarcastic, I can't tell, and to be perfectly honest I don't think I will ever be capable of telling.

D) For those of who you are still concerned, I'll likely pull all of it out over these two finals I have tomorrow and Saturday, so you needn't worry.

Onward and upward.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 11th, 2014, 7:13 pm

Native wrote:In my defense...

A) As my esteemed grandmother — bless her heart — has mentioned, this was done for the Duke/UNC football game. And a fat lot of good it did me, considering the outcome of that fiasco.

B) The photo does not, in any way, shape, or form, do my outstanding haircut or the good people of the American Tobacco Barber Shop justice. Standards of journalistic quality have been going downhill at the Chronicle for quite some time now. ;)

C) Believe it or not, the new 'do has received multiple compliments from the ladies over on Duke's campus. Whether or not they're being sarcastic, I can't tell, and to be perfectly honest I don't think I will ever be capable of telling.

D) For those of who you are still concerned, I'll likely pull all of it out over these two finals I have tomorrow and Saturday, so you needn't worry.

Onward and upward.
I love the haircut! Sending kick ass finals vibes (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 12th, 2014, 1:08 pm

Finals on a Saturday are just not fair!!! Good luck, darlin'.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 13th, 2014, 9:00 pm

It is good just to have hair to do that with. My 25 year old cousin was bald at 21. I'm hanging on to what I have as long as I can. More and more grey shows up every year.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 15th, 2014, 6:39 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:It is good just to have hair to do that with. My 25 year old cousin was bald at 21. I'm hanging on to what I have as long as I can. More and more grey shows up every year.
That's not grey - it is blond to the root. That is my story and I'm sticking with it.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 19th, 2014, 10:24 am

I think your new 'do is cute, Native.

You'll likely see this picture again (at your wedding rehearsal dinner or at your retirement party. . . )

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » December 22nd, 2014, 11:41 am

When in doubt of a hair cut......... wear a hat, cap , etc.