Tulane Tailgate 9/20 12:30 pm Kick - Social Discussion

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Tulane Tailgate 9/20 12:30 pm Kick - Social Discussion

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 15th, 2014, 8:12 am

Last week was awesome, not even a threat of rain kept our crowd away. The new tent worked beautifully, too! I don't know if the Triple B/Triple C guys will be out for Tulane, but if we get smushed back down to one tent, we'll still have a great time. LGD!!
Early forecast says partly cloudy and low 70's. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Tulane Tailgate 9/20 12:30 pm Kick - Social Discussion

Post by devildeac » September 15th, 2014, 8:40 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Last week was awesome, not even a threat of rain kept our crowd away. The new tent worked beautifully, too! I don't know if the Triple B/Triple C guys will be out for Tulane, but if we get smushed back down to one tent, we'll still have a great time. LGD!!
Early forecast says partly cloudy and low 70's. :D
Mouth watering alreday for some French toast, egg strata, bacon, sausage, bagels and other assorted breads, cakes and muffins. And fruit. And coffee. And some breakfast ales.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » September 15th, 2014, 9:06 am

Weather report calls for a high of 77 with sun and clouds. There is a hurricane out in the Atlantic but all track models show it turning North and East and staying to the East of Bermuda:

windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 15th, 2014, 9:09 am

IT. WILL. NOT. RAIN.
:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
allen
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by allen » September 15th, 2014, 9:52 am

windsor wrote:IT. WILL. NOT. RAIN.
You are correct, it will not rain.

The fabulous Mrs. Murray and I will begin our celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary by attending the Tulane game together. I have been assured by the anniversary gods that there will be no rain, the weather will be almost as beautiful as my wife, Duke will win, and there will be cake.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 15th, 2014, 9:56 am

allen wrote:

The fabulous Mrs. Murray and I will begin our celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary by attending the Tulane game together. I have been assured by the anniversary gods that there will be no rain, the weather will be almost as beautiful as my wife, Duke will win, and there will be cake.
Congratulations!! It will NOT rain. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 15th, 2014, 10:14 am

allen wrote:

Those are great reports about the news, weather, game and even more fabulous to hear about how you're starting your anniversary celebration :o) :ymparty: . Anything in the forecast for 25 more years ;;) ?
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 15th, 2014, 10:32 am

allen wrote:

It will be my pleasure to be able to congratulate you IN PERSON. Mr Windsor and I celebrated 20 in August.

:ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 15th, 2014, 1:34 pm

Wonder if this would work for breakfast:

"Rogue Ales has again collided with Voodoo Doughnut to create Chocolate, Banana & Peanut Butter Ale! This unique artisan creation contains a dozen ingredients including chocolate, banana and peanut butter to match Voodoo’s "Memphis Mafia" doughnut- a nod to Elvis' entourage."

:think:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 15th, 2014, 2:06 pm

devildeac wrote:Wonder if this would work for breakfast:

"Rogue Ales has again collided with Voodoo Doughnut to create Chocolate, Banana & Peanut Butter Ale! This unique artisan creation contains a dozen ingredients including chocolate, banana and peanut butter to match Voodoo’s "Memphis Mafia" doughnut- a nod to Elvis' entourage."

:ymsick:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 15th, 2014, 2:49 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

Based on the Voodoo Doughnut Memphis Mafia pastry:

windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 15th, 2014, 2:51 pm

devildeac wrote:

Based on the Voodoo Doughnut Memphis Mafia pastry:

That thing could give hyperglycemia to entire population of Rhode Island.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 15th, 2014, 3:23 pm

Since I have never been to a tailgate...

If the Kick Off is 12:30 when do the festivities commence?

How do I find you guys?

I will probably have Practically Perfect Puppy (taking him back to his crate at the hotel before the game..yes a royal pain but I can't leave him alone all day)
I see (duh) I can not bring a pet into the stadium but can he be in the tailgate area (on leash of course)? He doesn't eat much.

Can I impose on someone to bring an extra chair? Please and thank you!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 15th, 2014, 3:37 pm

windsor wrote:Since I have never been to a tailgate...

How do I find you guys?

I will probably have Practically Perfect Puppy (taking him back to his crate at the hotel before the game..yes a royal pain but I can't leave him alone all day)
I see (duh) I can not bring a pet into the stadium but can he be in the tailgate area (on leash of course)? He doesn't eat much.

I will have a chair to spare. We are easy to find, we are right next to Cameron, on the Card Gym parking lot sidewalk. We'll be out there at 7am, can't miss us! Most of the festivities, including the team walk, start a couple hours before kick.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 15th, 2014, 3:45 pm

windsor wrote:Since I have never been to a tailgate...

How do I find you guys?

I will have a chair to spare. We are easy to find, we are right next to Cameron, on the Card Gym parking lot sidewalk. We'll be out there at 7am, can't miss us! Most of the festivities, including the team walk, start a couple hours before kick.
Excellent...I can pay homage to the mothership at the same time!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 15th, 2014, 5:26 pm

windsor wrote:I will probably have Practically Perfect Puppy (taking him back to his crate at the hotel before the game..yes a royal pain but I can't leave him alone all day)
He can stay with me and the dogs and cats so you don't have to go all the way back to your hotel.
I worship the Blue Devil!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 15th, 2014, 5:44 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
windsor wrote:I will probably have Practically Perfect Puppy (taking him back to his crate at the hotel before the game..yes a royal pain but I can't leave him alone all day)
He can stay with me and the dogs and cats so you don't have to go all the way back to your hotel.

Really? Are you sure? ..he is a little spitfire (and he doesn't know about cats!) . He would be much happier than alone in a hotel if it isn't an imposition. I'd be happy to take you dinner after the game in return!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 15th, 2014, 5:54 pm

windsor wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

Really? Are you sure? ..he is a little spitfire (and he doesn't know about cats!) . He would be much happier than alone in a hotel if it isn't an imposition. I'd be happy to take you dinner after the game in return!
We never leave our TG during the game, too, so he would be ok staying. You would avoid having to deal with traffic.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 15th, 2014, 6:21 pm

Wait what? You don't leave the TG during the games? You mean you tailgate, cook etc and don't actually attend? Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. I is cornfused. :)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 15th, 2014, 6:55 pm

windsor wrote:Wait what? You don't leave the TG during the games? You mean you tailgate, cook etc and don't actually attend? Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. I is cornfused. :)
TNT never goes in...he doesn't want a football game to interrupt an excellent party. At least 10-15 other people are with him through the first half. More join for the second unless the game is close. :)