bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by bjornolf » September 10th, 2014, 9:29 pm

windsor wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
I thought that was Harry?
He was... until William was born. Now he's royal chopped liver.
Right now it is is Charles, William, George and Harry....When new baby is born that will bump Harry down a notch.
My bad, I meant George.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 10th, 2014, 10:35 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Wondering if any of the names in this article have any connection to As the Bunsen Burns: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ivo ... ty-n199491.

One of the names is in Galveston now. Found the publication issues very interesting.
Nope, none of these folks are in As the Bunsen Burns. Cannot believe that one of the key figures has a postdoctoral position here without having yet completed his PhD. Wonder how that works.

Road Runner is out of town for the rest of the week. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: Since tomorrow is Natasha's birthday, the crew (MacGyver, BGS, Natasha, Boris and me) is going out to celebrate. We're going to our favorite seafood place, a total dive that's located out in the middle of nowhere, off the island.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 11th, 2014, 8:11 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Cannot believe that one of the key figures has a postdoctoral position here without having yet completed his PhD. Wonder how that works.
I would think one would need the 'doctoral' part before the they could be postdoctoral....
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 11th, 2014, 10:01 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Wondering if any of the names in this article have any connection to As the Bunsen Burns: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ivo ... ty-n199491.

One of the names is in Galveston now. Found the publication issues very interesting.
Nope, none of these folks are in As the Bunsen Burns. Cannot believe that one of the key figures has a postdoctoral position here without having yet completed his PhD. Wonder how that works.

Road Runner is out of town for the rest of the week. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: Since tomorrow is Natasha's birthday, the crew (MacGyver, BGS, Natasha, Boris and me) is going out to celebrate. We're going to our favorite seafood place, a total dive that's located out in the middle of nowhere, off the island.
How did Natasha's interview in Switzerland go?
I worship the Blue Devil!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » September 11th, 2014, 10:46 am

To all the families and friends that lost loved ones of 9 - 11 - 2001 :pray: :wizard: **==
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 11th, 2014, 1:42 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

BGS is the one with the interview in Switzerland. The trip hasn't been scheduled yet as far as I know.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 11th, 2014, 4:24 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: Road Runner is out of town for the rest of the week. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: Since tomorrow is Natasha's birthday, the crew (MacGyver, BGS, Natasha, Boris and me) is going out to celebrate. We're going to our favorite seafood place, a total dive that's located out in the middle of nowhere, off the island.
BGS is the one with the interview in Switzerland. The trip hasn't been scheduled yet as far as I know.
That's right. I meant BGS. ;)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 11th, 2014, 4:43 pm

This has really intrigued me, probably too much as I have much more important things to work on. But, I have been digging myself. The dude in the middle of this, Srinivas Teppala, is working the Rehabilitation Department at UTMB, http://rehabsciences.utmb.edu/fellows.asp. But, a lot of his publications noted in Pubmed relate to diabetes mellitus. According do the link I just shared, his research interest is "biomarkers for risk of cardiovacular disease." Does this sound weird to anyone else?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 11th, 2014, 7:44 pm

TillyGalore wrote:According do the link I just shared, his research interest is "biomarkers for risk of cardiovacular disease." Does this sound weird to anyone else?
"Cardiovacular" disease DOES sound weird. :-B :-BD
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 11th, 2014, 8:11 pm

Lavabe wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:According do the link I just shared, his research interest is "biomarkers for risk of cardiovacular disease." Does this sound weird to anyone else?
\^/, that's me holding up my thumbs and index fingers to you. What-ever. ;)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 11th, 2014, 8:44 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
:))
Really need a LIKE button here.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 12th, 2014, 8:16 am

TillyGalore wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

I would have made a different finger selection.

:D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 12th, 2014, 8:25 pm

Quiet day around here.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 12th, 2014, 8:29 pm

Overcast and cloudy with a little rain here in South Central Texas. Not enough rain however.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 12th, 2014, 8:31 pm

I'm almost at 5,000. What do I do?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 12th, 2014, 9:06 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I'm almost at 5,000. What do I do?
Push through, baby. I smell a little pw session coming. Now is not the time to wuss out! :D
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 13th, 2014, 8:41 am

Today is the one year anniversary of Wesley's moving in. :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 13th, 2014, 9:23 am

Just can't seem to get in the flow with the PW'ing.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 13th, 2014, 10:26 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Just can't seem to get in the flow with the PW'ing.
Let me help. How are the cats?

This gives you a chance to respond - 1 post per cat.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » September 13th, 2014, 10:27 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Just can't seem to get in the flow with the PW'ing.
Let me help. How are the cats?

This gives you a chance to respond - 1 post per cat.

When you have updated us on the kitties, please provide an update on the current vehicle work being done.
Life is good!