LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » September 6th, 2014, 11:34 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:RR has enabled her by letting her get away with it, and BM has effectively covered her own ass by going to HR and reporting Natasha and me for creating a hostile work environment.
Umm... I do not recall seeing this mentioned before. BM reported you and Natasha for creating a hostile work environment? You must have posted that when I was in Vietnam.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 7th, 2014, 7:24 am

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:RR has enabled her by letting her get away with it, and BM has effectively covered her own ass by going to HR and reporting Natasha and me for creating a hostile work environment.
Umm... I do not recall seeing this mentioned before. BM reported you and Natasha for creating a hostile work environment? You must have posted that when I was in Vietnam.
Yeah. She complained that we had used "her" data without first getting her permission, and that we had not given her authorship on our posters. (Both of us put BM in the acknowledgements for 'technical assistance.') Shame on us for not clearing our work with her, which we were supposed to be doing, according to BM. Natasha told BM to go copulate with herself, so she went to HR. Around this time, RR allegedly tried to fire BM because she was fed up with her - the data belongs to RR, not BM, and we were doing work that she requested. HR wouldn't let RR get rid of BM, and now BM appears to be back in the catbird seat.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 7th, 2014, 7:32 am

Wow, what a great college football weekend. All my teams, Duke, USC, and VT, won. I can't remember the last time that happened.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 7th, 2014, 7:36 am

bjornolf wrote:Wow, what a great college football weekend. All my teams, Duke, USC, and VT, won. I can't remember the last time that happened.
Lots of interesting games. I enjoyed seeing tOSU lose.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 7th, 2014, 12:06 pm

For me, Duke continues to do well, Vandy appears to have fallen apart.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 7th, 2014, 4:23 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Wow, what a great college football weekend. All my teams, Duke, USC, and VT, won. I can't remember the last time that happened.
I always enjoy seeing tOSU lose.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 7th, 2014, 7:31 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
I always enjoy seeing tOSU lose.
Me too!

Time to mow the yard.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » September 8th, 2014, 11:14 am

bjornolf wrote:Wow, what a great college football weekend. All my teams, Duke, USC, and VT, won. I can't remember the last time that

happened.

I think Most of the ACC teams won this weekend.

The VTech and Ohio State certainly was a surprise! Even though I don't care for the Hokies, it was a great win for them!

And even the Tarholes came rolling back, and pulled a Win at home.

The Coach Cut TV show was good on Sunday!!!!! Let's keep rolling in 2014 :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » September 9th, 2014, 12:12 pm

William and Kate are expecting another Royal Bundle of Joy, which will be the Spare Heir to the Throne!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 9th, 2014, 5:31 pm

Today's fun court t shirt had a succinct message: "not guilty."

Defendant probably shouldn't buy a lottery ticket, as her predictive skills need some work. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 9th, 2014, 5:47 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Today's fun court t shirt had a succinct message: "not guilty."

Defendant probably shouldn't buy a lottery ticket, as her predictive skills need some work. :9f:
:D =))

I am, however, planning on buying a lottery ticket since the elevator has been waiting for me the last two mornings. Usually, there is a long wait for an elevator and I think only 2 of the 6 work. Not the same 2 each day but no more than 2.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 9th, 2014, 10:58 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:William and Kate are expecting another Royal Bundle of Joy, which will be the Spare Heir to the Throne!
I thought that was Harry?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 10th, 2014, 5:41 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:William and Kate are expecting another Royal Bundle of Joy, which will be the Spare Heir to the Throne!
He was... until William was born. Now he's royal chopped liver.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 10th, 2014, 7:50 am

bjornolf wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
He was... until William was born. Now he's royal chopped liver.
Right now it is is Charles, William, George and Harry....When new baby is born that will bump Harry down a notch.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 10th, 2014, 7:52 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Today's fun court t shirt had a succinct message: "not guilty."

Nice try, though.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 10th, 2014, 7:58 am

Practically Perfect Puppy was a super star in his Puppy Class last night. A super star.

AKC Star Puppy program is designed to promote responsible ownership and suck the John Q public folks in to training - it is pretty decent program. The final exam is next week. I have to decide which trick I will perfect for the test :)

UPS Man should bring his life jacket today so he will have his very own when we go back to dock diving this weekend. As puppy Tyler CAN swim but he isn't using his rear end yet which means he swims at 45 angle in the water. The life jacket fixes that until he is bigger and can do it properly on his own. I opted to buy it because I have several friends with boats and if he goes out with me to one of the out islands he should wear one on the boat. That ant it was 12 whole dollars.

If you have pets and you are not shopping at CHEWY.COM for your food and supplies you are paying too much. No, I don't get a cut. I do have food delivered as well as my treats on a schedule. I love auto-ship.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 10th, 2014, 10:15 am

windsor wrote:Practically Perfect Puppy was a super star in his Puppy Class last night. A super star.

AKC Star Puppy program is designed to promote responsible ownership and suck the John Q public folks in to training - it is pretty decent program. The final exam is next week. I have to decide which trick I will perfect for the test :)

UPS Man should bring his life jacket today so he will have his very own when we go back to dock diving this weekend. As puppy Tyler CAN swim but he isn't using his rear end yet which means he swims at 45 angle in the water. The life jacket fixes that until he is bigger and can do it properly on his own. I opted to buy it because I have several friends with boats and if he goes out with me to one of the out islands he should wear one on the boat. That ant it was 12 whole dollars.

If you have pets and you are not shopping at CHEWY.COM for your food and supplies you are paying too much. No, I don't get a cut. I do have food delivered as well as my treats on a schedule. I love auto-ship.
Way to go, Tyler Pup (and Mom)! :O3

And thanks for the website. I had the perfect dog food storm on Friday, as all 3 dogs ran out of food at the same time. Yes, they eat 3 different kinds of food. Mer is on senior, Wes is on adult, and Sasha has to have low protein prescription food to forestall more bladder stones. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » September 10th, 2014, 10:22 am

Wondering if any of the names in this article have any connection to As the Bunsen Burns: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ivo ... ty-n199491.

One of the names is in Galveston now. Found the publication issues very interesting.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 10th, 2014, 3:12 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Wondering if any of the names in this article have any connection to As the Bunsen Burns: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ivo ... ty-n199491.

One of the names is in Galveston now. Found the publication issues very interesting.
The article mentions Duke's black eye, which has led to increased scrutiny of CVs in the School of Medicine.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » September 10th, 2014, 5:19 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Wondering if any of the names in this article have any connection to As the Bunsen Burns: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ivo ... ty-n199491.

The article mentions Duke's black eye, which has led to increased scrutiny of CVs in the School of Medicine.

Yeah, I did read that and wished it hadn't happened. I'm glad to hear of the increased scrutiny.
Life is good!