LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 18th, 2014, 12:21 pm

Met EMMITT SMITH yesterday! Super Bowl Champion, NFL and College Hall of Famer !
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 18th, 2014, 12:59 pm

It's taken me a while to figure out who I want to play me, so many great actresses. I choose Melissa McCarthy to play me. She is funny (what I aspire to be), brunette, and fat like me.
I worship the Blue Devil!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 18th, 2014, 1:02 pm

TillyGalore wrote:It's taken me a while to figure out who I want to play me, so many great actresses. I choose Melissa McCarthy to play me. She is funny (what I aspire to be), brunette, and fat like me.
Or Sophia Vergara.
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 18th, 2014, 1:09 pm

Richard Dreyfus plays me. As for a title, how about 666 Shades of Gray! (Not talking about hair color ladies ;) )
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 18th, 2014, 1:34 pm

BRAXTON DEAVER TE # 89 went down with an injury during practice. I was told ACL !!!! Last Monday, was Kelby Brown and ACL. That's 2 All American Watch List Duke Seniors :(
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 18th, 2014, 9:35 pm

Kid Rock and I'm the real McCoy...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 18th, 2014, 9:36 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:BRAXTON DEAVER TE # 89 went down with an injury during practice. I was told ACL !!!! Last Monday, was Kelby Brown and ACL. That's 2 All American Watch List Duke Seniors :(

They are dropping like flies...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 19th, 2014, 8:36 am

I don't know who she'd play, but Jeannine Robertson has to be in it! She's just too funny.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 19th, 2014, 10:40 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:BRAXTON DEAVER TE # 89 went down with an injury during practice. I was told ACL !!!! Last Monday, was Kelby Brown and ACL. That's 2 All American Watch List Duke Seniors :(

They are dropping like flies...

Monday football practice seem like Manic Mondays.......... Not been kind to our team.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 19th, 2014, 3:29 pm

While driving home today, a 747 took off from Cherry Point 200 yards in front of me. It was way cool. I didn't know they had a runway long enough. (They do..32L)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 19th, 2014, 7:50 pm

I was stuck in traffic during my drive home. 50+ minutes to go 18 miles.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 19th, 2014, 7:54 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Met EMMITT SMITH yesterday! Super Bowl Champion, NFL and College Hall of Famer !
I ran into Barry Sanders in Atlanta Hartsfield airport once.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 19th, 2014, 7:56 pm

I presume y'all are casting Estella Warren as my love interest? Not the greatest of actresses, but I have a soft spot for female Canadians.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 19th, 2014, 10:21 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Met EMMITT SMITH yesterday! Super Bowl Champion, NFL and College Hall of Famer !

Did you hurt him?
:D
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 19th, 2014, 10:53 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:

Did you hurt him?
:D
Just looked him up and down and gave him a knowing nod. He nodded back.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 20th, 2014, 7:24 am

TillyGalore wrote:It's taken me a while to figure out who I want to play me, so many great actresses. I choose Melissa McCarthy to play me. She is funny (what I aspire to be), brunette, and fat like me.
Good choice! I like her. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 20th, 2014, 7:27 am

Requesting vibes for my uncle. He underwent a very lengthy surgery yesterday at Mayo Clinic to clear out an infection in his brain and in the bone in his forehead. The infection is in the area where he had a tumor removed a couple of years ago. Sounds like he has a long road to recovery ahead of him.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 20th, 2014, 7:39 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Requesting vibes for my uncle. He underwent a very lengthy surgery yesterday at Mayo Clinic to clear out an infection in his brain and in the bone in his forehead. The infection is in the area where he had a tumor removed a couple of years ago. Sounds like he has a long road to recovery ahead of him.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Strongest possible vibes for Uncle Arkie!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

As the Bunsen Burns

Post by ArkieDukie » August 20th, 2014, 7:45 am

As you know, I put in over 1000 hours of work for Road Runner on a big project that she also had Bar Minion (and her husband) working on. Road Runner told me that I could publish my work, and I spent a lot of hours over the last couple of weeks spinning a story that would sell. The only thing needed was orthogonal validation (confirmation of the results using a different technique) and a functional study of some sort. I had a great story, centered around a protein not previously reported in the type of cancer we study, and it is downregulated in the form of the cancer that's most difficult to treat. Great story, right? Wrong. In our manuscript meeting on Friday, Road Runner shot it down because she doesn't want to commit the resources to the studies required for publication. She suggested that I submit to a lower impact journal that doesn't require the additional studies - something focusing on the analysis I did. Well, I found such a journal. Now she's refusing to pay publication costs. Moreover, she's refusing to allow me to follow up on my own in order to make it publishable. So, over a thousand hours of work flushed down the toilet. This impacts not only me but the others in the lab who were to be coauthors on the paper (BGS, Boris, Natasha - and, yes, even Bar Minion). If you guessed that I'm now officially done with RR, you guessed correctly. She gets minimal effort at best from now on.

On a somewhat related note, Bar Minion found out yesterday that her paper over the same data was rejected by the journal in our field with the 2nd highest impact factor. :ymdevil: So, RR refuses to back the paper that would include everyone in her lab while the paper with BM and her husband (not a member of RR's lab) is soundly rejected by all the major journals in the field.

Good news for Brilliant Grad Student: she had a phone interview with the PI (principal investigator) for one of the top labs in the world (located in Switzerland). They ended up speaking for over an hour. He was impressed enough that he's flying her over, all expenses paid, to meet everyone in his lab. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: BGS, Boris, MacGyver and I went out last night to celebrate BGS' good news and commiserate about RR. BGS is planning to NOT tell RR the latest news. The interview trip will be spun as a much-needed vacation. RR will remain out of the loop for as long as possible in order to keep her from finding some crazy-ass way of retaliating against BGS.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 20th, 2014, 8:13 am

Healing prayers and vibes and hugs to Uncle AD.

:YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug:
Life is good!