Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Bostondevil » July 31st, 2009, 12:46 am

The 'Lost' one.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » July 31st, 2009, 12:48 am

The Stray Cats were way underrated. I think it was because of their goofy music videos. Their music holds up today.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 31st, 2009, 2:04 am

Bostondevil wrote:But we have Ozzie and wherever Ozzie goes, 9F is relevant.

Don't worry, George remains my one and only 'Get Out of Jail Free' card. I've just been watching so much 'Lost' that I've developped an appreciation for a shirtless Mr. Holloway. Have you been reading my thread on the DBR?
I confess, I have not. I enjoy the show, but frankly, am occasionally annoyed at what I perceive to be a lot of "work" required to understand it and all of its nuances. I want my TV to be a little more straightforward; I'm not willing to put in the effort for all the details. I'm glad you're enjoying it, tho, and it seems you've got a lot of followers!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » July 31st, 2009, 2:13 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:But we have Ozzie and wherever Ozzie goes, 9F is relevant.

Don't worry, George remains my one and only 'Get Out of Jail Free' card. I've just been watching so much 'Lost' that I've developped an appreciation for a shirtless Mr. Holloway. Have you been reading my thread on the DBR?
I confess, I have not. I enjoy the show, but frankly, am occasionally annoyed at what I perceive to be a lot of "work" required to understand it and all of its nuances. I want my TV to be a little more straightforward; I'm not willing to put in the effort for all the details. I'm glad you're enjoying it, tho, and it seems you've got a lot of followers!
You should read my thread. I've done all the work for you! Right Ozzie? Of course, I'm still on Season 2, but still. I hope to be caught up by the Season 6 premiere.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 31st, 2009, 7:35 am

DevilAlumna wrote:At the risk of having three posts uninterrupted here (and thus looking like a PW):

I was wondering on the drive home, does 9F have relevance here?

I mean, it does come from the DBR Handy Pocket Reference.

I think here, GTH,C,GTH would pretty much be 1A.

Pirates are probably 1b, with lemurs 1c? :D
Hey, can I have a spot for my sig, %%- ? ;) I'm not greedy, I'll take like 117G, if it's available.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 31st, 2009, 8:30 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Hey, I finally broke 300 posts. I'm like the anti-PW over here, in comparison to my DBR stats. (I've virtually stopped posting over there, and I'm still not falling very far in the ranks.)
And we are darned happy to have you here. :D I think I have posted about 30 times over there since CT started. As I have said before, just very little fun over there anymore.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 31st, 2009, 8:35 am

All this talk made me pull out my Brian Setzer CD last PM and play a few tunes. Darn good stuff.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » July 31st, 2009, 8:54 am

So who is reading the 'Lost' thread? Well, besides Ozzie and DukeUsul? There are almost 5000 views at this point. How many people would that be, do you think? I keep thinking there are like 5 guys reading it but I don't think 5 guys would generate 5000 views. I could be wrong.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » July 31st, 2009, 9:08 am

DevilAlumna wrote:I watched part of the Children of Dune DVD series with Mr. DA. It was interesting and visually appealing, but since I didn't know much of the story, I was really just digging a young, shirtless James McAvoy.
The Dune and Children of Dune miniseries on SciFi were definitely more true to the books. A good alternative to reading the book. If you watched Children of Dune without seeing Dune first, I'm not surprised you were confused. The stories are complicated in their own right, even in the right order.
-- DukeUsul
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 31st, 2009, 9:52 am

Okay, I just had to put this up here, as a warning as well as a joke. Apparently, someone has invented a bikini that dissolves in water. So, if Shammrog offers any of you ladies free swimwear, I'd turn him down. ;) Same for you, BD, if it comes from Wilson.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... water.html

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 31st, 2009, 9:58 am

bjornolf wrote:Okay, I just had to put this up here, as a warning as well as a joke. Apparently, someone has invented a bikini that dissolves in water. So, if Shammrog offers any of you ladies free swimwear, I'd turn him down. ;) Same for you, BD, if it comes from Wilson.

%%-
Is that the publication that has the famous Page 3 model on a regular basis? :oops:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 31st, 2009, 10:02 am

devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Okay, I just had to put this up here, as a warning as well as a joke. Apparently, someone has invented a bikini that dissolves in water. So, if Shammrog offers any of you ladies free swimwear, I'd turn him down. ;) Same for you, BD, if it comes from Wilson.

%%-
Is that the publication that has the famous Page 3 model on a regular basis? :oops:
I have NO idea. A friend had it on their wall at facebook, and I just thought that dissolvable swimwear was such a weird idea. Who the heck would wear it except maybe somebody in a film of an adult nature? I mean, unless you were in private with only close friends, it would be FAR too cruel to use in a practical joke. That's just stepping WAY over the line.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 31st, 2009, 10:04 am

bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote:

%%-
I have NO idea. A friend had it on their wall at facebook, and I just thought that dissolvable swimwear was such a weird idea. Who the heck would wear it except maybe somebody in a film of an adult nature? I mean, unless you were in private with only close friends, it would be FAR too cruel to use in a practical joke. That's just stepping WAY over the line.

Agreed.

%%-
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » July 31st, 2009, 10:06 am

%%-
Ewww. blech. :-q
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 31st, 2009, 10:08 am

DukePA wrote:

%%-
I get it, DukePA. That's what I'm wondering. What the heck is the point of it? I mean, I get the point of it, but what would the legitimate uses be?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Shammrog
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Shammrog » July 31st, 2009, 10:09 am

So are we doing naked Scrabble or what?!?
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 31st, 2009, 10:11 am

bjornolf wrote:
DukePA wrote:

%%-
I get it, DukePA. That's what I'm wondering. What the heck is the point of it? I mean, I get the point of it, but what would the legitimate uses be?

%%-
Use your imagination, only think more on a small scale than a film.
I worship the Blue Devil!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 31st, 2009, 10:39 am

I was having a very lazy morning and stayed in bed much longer than I should have, though was less than 30 mins late to work. Any hoo! While hanging out in bed, a couple of kitties joined me, big surprise I know. Miss Moneypenny loves to get her face and head rubbed, and at one point actually had her head in my cupped hand. That is some serious trust there, and I certainly didn't do anything to break her trust in me. I love my kitties.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 31st, 2009, 10:49 am

TillyGalore wrote:I was having a very lazy morning and stayed in bed much longer than I should have, though was less than 30 mins late to work. Any hoo! While hanging out in bed, a couple of kitties joined me, big surprise I know. Miss Moneypenny loves to get her face and head rubbed, and at one point actually had her head in my cupped hand. That is some serious trust there, and I certainly didn't do anything to break her trust in me. I love my kitties.
Yay for snuggly kitten mornings and sleeping in late! (Or, lazing in?) Sounds like a good start to a Friday.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 31st, 2009, 10:50 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I was having a very lazy morning and stayed in bed much longer than I should have, though was less than 30 mins late to work. Any hoo! While hanging out in bed, a couple of kitties joined me, big surprise I know. Miss Moneypenny loves to get her face and head rubbed, and at one point actually had her head in my cupped hand. That is some serious trust there, and I certainly didn't do anything to break her trust in me. I love my kitties.
Yay for snuggly kitten mornings and sleeping in late! (Or, lazing in?) Sounds like a good start to a Friday.
Yay for snuggly animal mornings! :D :D :D