Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 8th, 2014, 2:02 pm

CathyCA wrote:
windsor wrote:
windsor wrote:Well that was fun. Just dopped a grand at the vet. Not on the sickly Terv...no no no...on the Hunk Of Labby love himself.

Damn labs do not show pain - turns out Jester had a bladder stone and a screaming bladder infection. He is fine...probably avoided surgery. Wasn't expecting to drop that kind green today.

Oh well. I am grateful I have it so spend.

correction bladder CRYSTALS not stones.
Crystals are prettier than stones. They're sparkly.

I hope that Jester feels better soon. :ymhug:

:9f:
He'll pee diamonds!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 8th, 2014, 2:52 pm

Oh, Windsor, I am crushed to hear about Wizard.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 8th, 2014, 3:52 pm

windsor wrote: Jester is on the mend.

Wizard is not. He fought the good fight, but a few hours ago I let him go. He is free now. I am crushed.
Oh, Windsor. I am so sorry. All of us who know and love our little friends weep with you.
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » July 8th, 2014, 3:55 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
windsor wrote: Jester is on the mend.

Wizard is not. He fought the good fight, but a few hours ago I let him go. He is free now. I am crushed.
Oh, Windsor. I am so sorry. All of us who know and love our little friends weep with you.
I am so sorry Windsor! Hugs & Vibes from Iowa! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » July 8th, 2014, 7:43 pm

There are no words except we are sending you all our love.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 8th, 2014, 8:20 pm

:wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY:

All I can say is that, having had to make that decision a few times now, it's so hard but often for the best. I know that doesn't make it hurt any less. My heart goes out to you.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 8th, 2014, 8:34 pm

Sorry for your loss Windsor. =((
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » July 9th, 2014, 6:49 am

I am so sorry, Windsor. Hugs and hugs and hugs!
:ymhug:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 9th, 2014, 9:48 am

Windsor, I am so sorry you had to let Wizard go. Vesper, Winston, Knights and I send lots of love and hugs.
I worship the Blue Devil!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 9th, 2014, 11:34 am

bjornolf wrote::wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY:

All I can say is that, having had to make that decision a few times now, it's so hard but often for the best. I know that doesn't make it hurt any less. My heart goes out to you.

I have no doubt that is was the right decision. I owed him a noble good bye, and he got it. He is at peace, he is not in pain. He took his last breath in my arms looking in my eyes. He was relaxed and calm and as is often the case, seemed to 'know'. Human's should be allowed the same dignity as we afford our pets.

No matter how much time you have with them, no matter how right the decision to let them go it still leaves a huge hole in your heart. I know with time it gets better. I suggested to Mr. Windsor last night I get a parrot - a pet that will outlive ME not the other way around. He wasn't amused. :Pirate:
I'm a dog person anyway.
:O3
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 9th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Today's chuckle in court came courtesy of the ADA at calendar call. The Defendant's name was "Mercedes Bennett." The DA paused between the syllables of the surname, and I had to suppress laughter.

Do people even go around any more yelling their kids' potential names prior to birth? :-\

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 9th, 2014, 6:04 pm

windsor wrote:
bjornolf wrote::wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY:

I have no doubt that is was the right decision. I owed him a noble good bye, and he got it. He is at peace, he is not in pain. He took his last breath in my arms looking in my eyes. He was relaxed and calm and as is often the case, seemed to 'know'. Human's should be allowed the same dignity as we afford our pets.

No matter how much time you have with them, no matter how right the decision to let them go it still leaves a huge hole in your heart. I know with time it gets better. I suggested to Mr. Windsor last night I get a parrot - a pet that will outlive ME not the other way around. He wasn't amused. :Pirate:
I'm a dog person anyway.
:O3
I am so sorry for your loss, Windsor. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 9th, 2014, 10:37 pm

Windsor, you're my hero. I hope your heart mends soon and all your wonderful memories remain.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 11th, 2014, 8:05 pm

General question for the group: when you are eating out with a friend of the opposite sex, would you consider it rude if said friend started asking the waitstaff when the attractive single people of the opposite gender came in?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 11th, 2014, 8:32 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:General question for the group: when you are eating out with a friend of the opposite sex, would you consider it rude if said friend started asking the waitstaff when the attractive single people of the opposite gender came in?
X( X( X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 11th, 2014, 8:45 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:General question for the group: when you are eating out with a friend of the opposite sex, would you consider it rude if said friend started asking the waitstaff when the attractive single people of the opposite gender came in?
If you are eating out with a friend of the opposite sex, would you consider it rude if said friend started asking the waitstaff when the attractive single people of the same gender came in?

If you are eating out with a friend of the same sex, would you consider it rude if said friend started asking the waitstaff when the attractive single people of the same gender came in?

If you are eating out with a friend of the same sex, would you consider it rude if said friend started asking the waitstaff when the attractive single people of the opposite gender came in?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 11th, 2014, 10:04 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
If you are eating out with a friend of the opposite sex, would you consider it rude if said friend started asking the waitstaff when the attractive single people of the same gender came in?

If you are eating out with a friend of the same sex, would you consider it rude if said friend started asking the waitstaff when the attractive single people of the same gender came in?

If you are eating out with a friend of the same sex, would you consider it rude if said friend started asking the waitstaff when the attractive single people of the opposite gender came in?

:-o
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 11th, 2014, 10:34 pm

Okay, then it's not just me. Didn't know if I was being overly sensitive or if my friend was being an inconsiderate jerk by asking the bartender when he should come back in order to meet single females. I would not even think about asking a bartender when the cute guys come in if I'm sitting with a male friend. Is this just a guy thing, or is it a L-) thing?
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 12th, 2014, 12:04 am

devildeac wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

:-o
If AD is okay with any of the scenarios I presented, then she should be okay with the scenario she presented.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 12th, 2014, 8:48 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Okay, then it's not just me. Didn't know if I was being overly sensitive or if my friend was being an inconsiderate jerk by asking the bartender when he should come back in order to meet single females. I would not even think about asking a bartender when the cute guys come in if I'm sitting with a male friend. Is this just a guy thing, or is it a L-) thing?

It depends on how he asked....and how often. A single inquiry is one thing...repeated queries about when the hot babes with the bodacious tatas show up is another altogether.

I would treat a inquiry of mutual interest a little different (assuming for a moment you are single and straight :)) if he had asked when the good looking single MEN came in --one might assume mutual interest in this information but again, one polite query vs. repeated or crass ones is ok, at least in my book.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.