Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 1st, 2014, 8:02 am

Turk wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:No, no...she is still on board and NOT a spammer. I suggest you seek out her post (in the finals/graduation vibes thread). Worth checking out.
Ooops, my error. I misunderstood your reply. :ymblushing: :ymblushing:

We saw so many of those in the early days of CTN before you improved the security here. I thought another crackpot had filtered through. So glad Turk got busted and we found out the true identity of isuf;bnae[rn.
I'll have to ask her how she went about posting her comment without creating a username; obviously it was autogenerated somehow. And hey, glad to get "busted" bragging about the progeny anytime... :D
I figured she let the cat type it.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 1st, 2014, 8:12 pm

Storms a brewin' for coastal Carolina.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 1st, 2014, 10:31 pm

It's hot here in South Central Texas, but that is hardly surprising.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 1st, 2014, 11:44 pm

windsor wrote: The camera may not be expensive, but getting fired would be. I am pretty sure there is policy against that kind of thing. I know the last two places I've worked have had policies expressly forbidding recording (audio or visual) a co-worker. Dummy cameras are a pittance.......just make sure you 'wire' them. Motion sensor lights are always fun too. Hopefully she will not be there long enough to need to come up with an extensive security protocol. It may be possible for RR or The Boss to get permission to put a security cam in. Given the loss of analysis for a collaborator it may be justified.

Can access to the instrument be secured any better? Any way to tell who was in the building? If you have to use a badge of any kind to get in and out there is a record.
Road Runner is going through the appropriate channels to arrange for video surveillance in the lab. She sent a message today to security with a cc to The Boss. Nanny cam is going in. It will be interesting to see who we catch.

There is badge access required to enter the building, but not the lab where the instrument is housed.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 2nd, 2014, 8:10 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote: The camera may not be expensive, but getting fired would be. I am pretty sure there is policy against that kind of thing. I know the last two places I've worked have had policies expressly forbidding recording (audio or visual) a co-worker. Dummy cameras are a pittance.......just make sure you 'wire' them. Motion sensor lights are always fun too. Hopefully she will not be there long enough to need to come up with an extensive security protocol. It may be possible for RR or The Boss to get permission to put a security cam in. Given the loss of analysis for a collaborator it may be justified.

Can access to the instrument be secured any better? Any way to tell who was in the building? If you have to use a badge of any kind to get in and out there is a record.
Road Runner is going through the appropriate channels to arrange for video surveillance in the lab. She sent a message today to security with a cc to The Boss. Nanny cam is going in. It will be interesting to see who we catch.

There is badge access required to enter the building, but not the lab where the instrument is housed.
They can easily inform the staff that the cameras are there. Then it will be interesting to see the instruments never fail again. (Not as fun as catching someone in the act, but more productive to your experiments.)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 2nd, 2014, 9:15 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Oh, I should mention that we lost 3.5 days worth of analysis for a paying external collaborator. It's a project that BM is not involved with, and it's not the first time she has sabotaged the analysis of their samples. No direct proof that she did it, either. I will say it again: we need a f-ing nanny cam in the lab.
Glad all proper channels are being accessed, and that video surveillance is going to occur. At least the external paying collaborator will have some assurance that nothing like this will ever happen again (at least, there will be some measure taken to remedy the issue). This could get REALLY messy otherwise, and I am not just talking about having to work constantly with some rogue lab person. I hope your group still has a good working relationship with this collaborator... and that analysis can be repeated at minimal cost. WOW!! REALLY hope that the collaborator is happy with the measures that are being taken.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 2nd, 2014, 11:55 am

On the phone with an investigator, talking about a particularly gullible victim. (Note: if you begin to feel sorry for someone who has a drug problem, it's probably a bad idea to give that person and his/her spouse your ATM card and PIN. And your credit card. And your checks. And access to your home equity line. But I digress.)

Me: I'm going to make charges on Mrs. (blank) on this (name of victim) case.
Him: Oh, yes. Bless her heart, (name of victim) is as sharp as a bag of wet mice.

Can't say I've ever heard that analogy before.... :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 2nd, 2014, 2:30 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:On the phone with an investigator, talking about a particularly gullible victim. (Note: if you begin to feel sorry for someone who has a drug problem, it's probably a bad idea to give that person and his/her spouse your ATM card and PIN. And your credit card. And your checks. And access to your home equity line. But I digress.)

Me: I'm going to make charges on Mrs. (blank) on this (name of victim) case.
Him: Oh, yes. Bless her heart, (name of victim) is as sharp as a bag of wet mice.

Can't say I've ever heard that analogy before.... :9f:
Ask him if it would be sharper if the bag were full of dry mice.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 3rd, 2014, 8:45 am

Preparing for the annual 4th of July/MrWindsor Birthday (7/5)/MommaWindsor Birthday (7/2) festivities.

Expecting Bottle rocket wars from grown men who have been over served and the traditional attempts to ignite the neighbors palm tree with fireworks. Luckily after the first time the neighbor always leaves his hose by the tree. :angry-extinguishflame:

I am making apple coleslaw. I do not like coleslaw, but I had apple slaw at a dog show a last month and it was good

My grocery list is long. Expensive, and long.

I am on the edge of my seat waiting for RR to sit down with BM - today would be a good day - HR folk like you to do that kind of stuff on Friday afternoon (Thursday before a 3 day weekend even better) to give the employee time to settle down before the next work day.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 3rd, 2014, 10:26 am

If the 11:30 victim comes back with the same shirt that he had on when he showed up at 9, I will have a fun story to tell. Good thing because otherwise my day is sucking. :9f: X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 3rd, 2014, 1:01 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:If the 11:30 victim comes back with the same shirt that he had on when he showed up at 9, I will have a fun story to tell. Good thing because otherwise my day is sucking. :9f: X(
It was a Wiz Khalifa shirt. It said "Good WIZ cold beer is my mother KHALIFA recipe."
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » July 3rd, 2014, 3:12 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:If the 11:30 victim comes back with the same shirt that he had on when he showed up at 9, I will have a fun story to tell. Good thing because otherwise my day is sucking. :9f: X(
It was a Wiz Khalifa shirt. It said "Good WIZ cold beer is my mother KHALIFA recipe."
Hope your day is getting better.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 3rd, 2014, 3:30 pm

DukePA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
Hope your day is getting better.
It isn't, but thanks. Yall be careful. :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 4th, 2014, 10:49 am

windsor wrote:Preparing for the annual 4th of July/MrWindsor Birthday (7/5)/MommaWindsor Birthday (7/2) festivities.

Expecting Bottle rocket wars from grown men who have been over served and the traditional attempts to ignite the neighbors palm tree with fireworks. Luckily after the first time the neighbor always leaves his hose by the tree. :angry-extinguishflame:

I am making apple coleslaw. I do not like coleslaw, but I had apple slaw at a dog show a last month and it was good

I am on the edge of my seat waiting for RR to sit down with BM - today would be a good day - HR folk like you to do that kind of stuff on Friday afternoon (Thursday before a 3 day weekend even better) to give the employee time to settle down before the next work day.
I wish I could say I have good news. I have heard NOTHING from Road Runner regarding this meeting, and I believe it happened earlier this week. I have, however, noticed a shift in her behavior toward Bar Minion. It appears that BM is back in RR's good graces. I'm not the only person that has noticed this; RR has made a complete 180 degree shift in her attitude toward BM. The instrument problems are now allegedly because of a mistake that Boris made, as per BM. RR's new official policy is that BM has to check off on all instrument runs before they start. :-o After this particular declaration, BM is golden again. My spidey sense tells me that something is up with BM and RR, and it is not good. Time to amp up my plan to extricate myself from their orbit.

I have a sneaking suspicion I know what BM said to weasel her way back in. Based on something RR said to me, I think BM somehow convinced RR that MacGyver is sabotaging the instrument. :-o I have no firm basis for this other than a gut instinct, but this has been a pretty reliable indicator in the past. I also know that RR is in the midst of a determined (and, sadly, pretty successful) smear campaign against MacGyver. RR is currently collaborating with MacGyver's current department chair, who has turned against MacGyver to the extent that he is not supporting MacGyver's appeals to the Provost regarding tenure. Road Runner is telling people that MacGyver has lost an appeal and will be out the door soon. The only way she would know this is if she heard it from MacGyver's department chair. Lord only knows what she has told him. I can guess, because I know what she has said to me. I finally told MacGyver about RR's statements about his pending departure after he told me about a weird conversation he had with BM in which she asked him if it was true that he was leaving. I have not told him other pretty inflammatory statements she has made. In any event, the crazy is seriously amping back up with Road Runner.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA

Post by DukePA » July 4th, 2014, 11:14 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote:Preparing for the annual 4th of July/MrWindsor Birthday (7/5)/MommaWindsor Birthday (7/2) festivities.

I wish I could say I have good news. I have heard NOTHING from Road Runner regarding this meeting, and I believe it happened earlier this week. I have, however, noticed a shift in her behavior toward Bar Minion. It appears that BM is back in RR's good graces. I'm not the only person that has noticed this; RR has made a complete 180 degree shift in her attitude toward BM. The instrument problems are now allegedly because of a mistake that Boris made, as per BM. RR's new official policy is that BM has to check off on all instrument runs before they start. :-o After this particular declaration, BM is golden again. My spidey sense tells me that something is up with BM and RR, and it is not good. Time to amp up my plan to extricate myself from their orbit.

I have a sneaking suspicion I know what BM said to weasel her way back in. Based on something RR said to me, I think BM somehow convinced RR that MacGyver is sabotaging the instrument. :-o I have no firm basis for this other than a gut instinct, but this has been a pretty reliable indicator in the past. I also know that RR is in the midst of a determined (and, sadly, pretty successful) smear campaign against MacGyver. RR is currently collaborating with MacGyver's current department chair, who has turned against MacGyver to the extent that he is not supporting MacGyver's appeals to the Provost regarding tenure. Road Runner is telling people that MacGyver has lost an appeal and will be out the door soon. The only way she would know this is if she heard it from MacGyver's department chair. Lord only knows what she has told him. I can guess, because I know what she has said to me. I finally told MacGyver about RR's statements about his pending departure after he told me about a weird conversation he had with BM in which she asked him if it was true that he was leaving. I have not told him other pretty inflammatory statements she has made. In any event, the crazy is seriously amping back up with Road Runner.
I am so glad you're working on getting the hell away from RR and BM. I despise this kind of work culture. There is no freaking need for it. When RR's world blows up on her, she'll pathetically wonder why. Hmmm . . . we know.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 4th, 2014, 1:44 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I wish I could say I have good news. I have heard NOTHING from Road Runner regarding this meeting, and I believe it happened earlier this week. I have, however, noticed a shift in her behavior toward Bar Minion. It appears that BM is back in RR's good graces. I'm not the only person that has noticed this; RR has made a complete 180 degree shift in her attitude toward BM. The instrument problems are now allegedly because of a mistake that Boris made, as per BM. RR's new official policy is that BM has to check off on all instrument runs before they start. :-o After this particular declaration, BM is golden again. My spidey sense tells me that something is up with BM and RR, and it is not good. Time to amp up my plan to extricate myself from their orbit.

If someone has been denied tenure AND receives no chair support on an appeal, the individual is likely gone.
In that case, gee, blame the person who is leaving? UGH!! :Boo:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 4th, 2014, 10:34 pm

I loathe fireworks....
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 4th, 2014, 11:31 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I loathe fireworks....
Poor Winston Puppie was shaking the whole time fireworks were going off and would not go out before bed. He also has stuck close by me the whole night.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukeForester
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by DukeForester » July 5th, 2014, 9:18 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I loathe fireworks....
And San Antonio residents certainly love their fireworks. Every neighborhood has its own private display. Must be a Texas thing.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 5th, 2014, 10:18 am

Yeah, I haven't figured out the attraction and necessity of every subdivision lighting off their own. As Tilly noted, my pets spent several hours scrambling for cover. One however was unphased by the goings on.