Rodney goes too.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Rodney goes too.

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 17th, 2014, 3:29 pm

Best of luck to him as well. I remember the first time I met him was with Ozzie at a tailgate, and he was walking past.
Ozzie asked "Who are you?". He stopped and introduced himself, I laughed. :D

http://tracking.si.com/2014/04/17/duke- ... nba-draft/
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Rodney goes too.

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 17th, 2014, 4:30 pm

Yeah, I remember that too. Good luck and best wishes to both of them. Hope the door doesn't hit them in their asses on their way out. :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 17th, 2014, 4:42 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Yeah, I remember that too. Good luck and best wishes to both of them. Hope the door doesn't hit them in their asses on their way out. :9f:
And in other news...
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 17th, 2014, 11:54 pm

I remember when great players were as rare as hen's teeth and each time one left us we thought we'd never get another as terrific as that one. We'd say to ourselves, "Well, it was fun while it lasted."

I remember when I could name every player at UVA or UNC or Georgia Tech and could probably even tell you their numbers. I even remember when I knew the coaches names at every school in the ACC. I even remember when I could remember which schools were even IN the ACC! I remember when each team had a definite personality and the players had decidedly different body types and temperments. I remember when I could tell a Ford from a Chevrolet.

Now, not so much. Guys pass through programs in the left hand lanes :auto-layrubber: so fast they're almost a blur. Hardly worth the effort to even try get to know and care about them.

This "forever being a part of the Duke Family" is a farce. They're only foster children who don't even unpack their bags.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 18th, 2014, 8:05 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote: This "forever being a part of the Duke Family" is a farce. They're only foster children who don't even unpack their bags.
Love, Ima
I like that statement. Maybe "Duke houseguests", but not family.
I still don't have issues with Rodney though, he was at Duke for two years and has been more than a solid student while on campus. In NBA terms, he's already middle aged; he needs to go if he is going to make the most of his dream.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 18th, 2014, 8:54 am

For my emotional investment in Duke players, I have the "four year rule." I don't invest my emotions in an individual player unless and until he enters his senior year. Unless and until a player indicates that he's going to stay at Duke as long as I did, I'm not interested in "falling in love" with him.

For me, it's all about the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back of the jersey. When a player earns the right to purchase a Duke class ring, then I care about him.

Speaking of four-year players, did I mention that I had a nice convo with Grant Hill last Saturday night at the Big Gala at our Duke reunion?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 18th, 2014, 8:56 am

I'm tired of one and done. Teams build championships, not one and done. :(
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » April 18th, 2014, 10:24 am

I ditto Ima! Could it be our ages? Hmmmm….. :(
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 18th, 2014, 11:03 am

IowaDevil wrote:I ditto Ima! Could it be our ages? Hmmmm….. :(
I agree with both of you. My age also fits. :D
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 18th, 2014, 12:05 pm

The Best to Rodney in the NBA draft.
He was a part of the team for 2 years, even though he had to sit out a year for transferring to Duke.

At least Rodney had a year of college before Duke, and 2 years at Duke. So he should be well on his way to graduating. (some day).
DukePA

Post by DukePA » April 18th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I'm tired of one and done. Teams build championships, not one and done. :(
Amen, Mom!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 18th, 2014, 3:02 pm

CathyCA wrote:For my emotional investment in Duke players, I have the "four year rule." I don't invest my emotions in an individual player unless and until he enters his senior year. Unless and until a player indicates that he's going to stay at Duke as long as I did, I'm not interested in "falling in love" with him.

For me, it's all about the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back of the jersey. When a player earns the right to purchase a Duke class ring, then I care about him.

Speaking of four-year players, did I mention that I had a nice convo with Grant Hill last Saturday night at the Big Gala at our Duke reunion?

:spork: :spork: :spork: :spork:
By the way, saw the photo you took with Grant, very cool! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 18th, 2014, 3:47 pm

On espn: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10803 ... p-priority
Yeah, yeah, whatever.

And in other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead. :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 18th, 2014, 4:52 pm

And in other the news, the ball still does not go in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrurx57Jlsk

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
I worship the Blue Devil!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 19th, 2014, 10:21 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:For my emotional investment in Duke players, I have the "four year rule." I don't invest my emotions in an individual player unless and until he enters his senior year. Unless and until a player indicates that he's going to stay at Duke as long as I did, I'm not interested in "falling in love" with him.

:spork: :spork: :spork: :spork:
By the way, saw the photo you took with Grant, very cool! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
I got sporks! :happy-bouncyblue:

RE: The Picture with Grant
What an inopportune time for the flash NOT to work. But I did some post-production things with the picture we got to brighten it up.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith