LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 2nd, 2014, 11:36 am

2 big games last night for the women's basketball. Maryland won over Louisville and advanced to the Final 4. Louisville girls rallied back from being 10 down to close within 1 possession.

And Stanford girls advanced to the Final 4 over Unc girls. Unc girls have been very impressive this season, with all of their freshman and being lead by the Assoc Head Coach.

Sad about the ND player, Natalie and her season ending injury. It's tough to replace a starter going into the Final 4.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 2nd, 2014, 12:49 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Just found out that my current position may go away due to budget cuts.
That's opportunity knocking, my dear. It may seem like it sucks, but what awaits you will be infinitely better! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » April 2nd, 2014, 1:53 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Just found out that my current position may go away due to budget cuts.
Well that stinks! :( X( :(
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 2nd, 2014, 2:45 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
That's opportunity knocking, my dear. It may seem like it sucks, but what awaits you will be infinitely better! :9f:
What Ozzie said. And tons of vibes and prayers headed your way.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 2nd, 2014, 2:46 pm

Mom' s knee replacement is scheduled for May 19.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 2nd, 2014, 4:04 pm

Thanks, all. Lots of intrigue on this front. Road Runner is the one who told me about the potential job cut. I asked The Boss flat-out if it was true. You cannot fake the surprise on his face. He said it's not in the cards and he has no idea why she would say that. I do: it's a blatant attempt to manipulate me. He was headed off to a meeting, but I think we will need to chat about what she is up to these days.

RR has been caught outright in a lie, and the repercussions are not going to be pretty.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 2nd, 2014, 4:10 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Thanks, all. Lots of intrigue on this front. Road Runner is the one who told me about the potential job cut. I asked The Boss flat-out if it was true. You cannot fake the surprise on his face. He said it's not in the cards and he has no idea why she would say that. I do: it's a blatant attempt to manipulate me. He was headed off to a meeting, but I think we will need to chat about what she is up to these days.

RR has been caught outright in a lie, and the repercussions are not going to be pretty.
Have you already bowed out of the RR/RD thing?
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 2nd, 2014, 5:13 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Thanks, all. Lots of intrigue on this front. Road Runner is the one who told me about the potential job cut. I asked The Boss flat-out if it was true. You cannot fake the surprise on his face. He said it's not in the cards and he has no idea why she would say that. I do: it's a blatant attempt to manipulate me. He was headed off to a meeting, but I think we will need to chat about what she is up to these days.

:naughty: :violence-instagib:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 2nd, 2014, 5:17 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Mom' s knee replacement is scheduled for May 19.
Very good. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: ahead of time.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 2nd, 2014, 5:20 pm

Somehow, things turn out for the best. :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 2nd, 2014, 10:58 pm

Well, let's hope karma comes through for you, AD!
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 2nd, 2014, 11:00 pm

Big time vibes and prayers for Christian, again. He is in CCU at the sucky Martinsville Hospital with 2 pulmonary embolisms. When I am on my iPad or computer (I am on the phone currently, I will detail this new round of incompetence.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 3rd, 2014, 4:35 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Big time vibes and prayers for Christian, again. He is in CCU at the sucky Martinsville Hospital with 2 pulmonary embolisms. When I am on my iPad or computer (I am on the phone currently, I will detail this new round of incompetence.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 3rd, 2014, 6:08 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
What Ozzie said. And tons of vibes and prayers headed your way.
QFE

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » April 3rd, 2014, 7:01 am

Healing vibes and prayers headed for Christian and all who love him, LG!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 3rd, 2014, 10:46 am

Praying and vibing for Christian. :pray: :wizard:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 3rd, 2014, 12:18 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Big time vibes and prayers for Christian, again. He is in CCU at the sucky Martinsville Hospital with 2 pulmonary embolisms. When I am on my iPad or computer (I am on the phone currently, I will detail this new round of incompetence.
The prayers continue from Kansas. He is on the prayer list at church.
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 3rd, 2014, 1:39 pm

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Vibing as hard as I can for Christian
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » April 3rd, 2014, 1:41 pm

windsor wrote:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Vibing as hard as I can for Christian
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 3rd, 2014, 4:44 pm

Ok, we are home, and the story goes something like this.

Christian has been at Stanleytown Health Care Center. If you recall, insurance thought he was well enough to be living independently with just therapy and maybe a little in home assistance. When my friend Sandy went by on Sunday, he was tired and was having some trouble breathing. (Bear in mind that he has had ZERO trouble breathing before that time.) His blood oxygen level was in the 80's. so they put him on oxygen, but apparently that was the extent of their checking on any breathing issue. He was still on oxygen on Tuesday, but nonetheless the plan was to release him on Wednesday to Blue Ridge Nursing Center, which allegedly has an assisted living section. (Stanleytown is considered the "good" nursing home, allegedly several cuts above Blue Ridge.) So yesterday when I was with Mom, I get a call from the intake lady at Blue Ridge. It was about 2 in the afternoon. She said she didn't know where Christian was and he was supposed to have been there by 10, but it was her understanding his sister was going to take him by the hospital first. :-o I gave her his sister's phone number and told her I have no clue what is going on, that I was trying to get my Mom's knee surgery issues squared away.

I'm not too clear on if Stanleytown suggested to Edie that she take Christian to the ER, or if she decided that on her own, but she took him to the Martinsville Hospital ER (no doubt to end up sitting in the waiting room with all the people in town who go to the ER every time they have a cough, as opposed to being brought over by ambulance where the patient goes to the head of the class. But at least she knew there was a problem.) At any rate, she took him there, and someone determined that he had two pulmonary embolisms, so they sent him to a unit, never bothering to hook him up to any monitors. The RN on duty in that unit had a cow when he arrived and she looked at his chart. She said he needed specialized supervision and her unit wasn't capable of that. The hospital administration said so sorry, the Cardiac Care doesn't have bed space for him, he'll have to stay. So he stayed, until Sandy (who used to work at the hospital, in Human Resources) called in some favors and they found him a bed in Cardiac Care.

The last I heard from anyone, we was "doing well" there and was going to have another swallow test today. I'm not exactly sure why they are doing a swallow test on him right now, with a problem that could break loose and kill him at any time, but this is the hospital that had a guy who was drunk and also had a ruptured spleen die because they didn't bother to check any of his blood counts for the three days that he was there, assuming that he was just another drunk. And the same hospital that expected my then-husband, Oedipus, to walk nearly half a mile to the car after arthroscopic knee surgery because they didn't have a wheelchair available, after they removed him from short stay and put him in a room without notifying any staff on that floor and the nurse threatened to charge us with trespassing because she didn't know why we were there. (I guess the guy in the hospital gown in the bed, with his knee wrapped in bandages, wasn't much of a clue.) And that's just the tip of the iceberg of horror stories about this place.

To top it all off, his new "primary care physician" is an orthopedic surgeon. The only thing he knows about lungs is that on the female persuasion, they are located behind the boobs.

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest. You guys give the best vibes and hugs.
Iron Duke #1471997.