LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » July 29th, 2009, 10:58 am

bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote: Please don't encourage him. I sometimes wonder if this board was named incorrectly.
Ouch. I get the feeling you don't like me anymore Tilly. Sorry for whatever it is I've done to you in the past. I have nothing but respect for you. And, it should be noted I am NOT the biggest PW on this board anymore. DD, the guy you're telling NOT to encourage me, has almost 50 posts on me. ;)

%%-
A temporary aberration... :roll: :oops: ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 29th, 2009, 11:11 am

TillyGalore wrote:
Fact: you are the 32nd person to join the board
Fact: you are the second leading poster on the board
Fact: the leading poster on the board joined 5 days before you
Fact: the leading poster only leads you by 40ish posts

I call it as I see it.
As of the moment I post this, I have 1340, now 1341 posts. DD has 1392. The way I count, that's 51 posts, not 40. Not that I'm quibbling or anything. ;) So he's ahead by 10 posts per day that he's been on here longer than I. Doing the math, based on a membership of 112 days for him and 107 days for me, I have averaged 12.53 posts per day. He has averaged 12.43 posts per day. So, I have averaged exactly 0.1 posts more per day of membership than he has. (Plus, it's not like phone calls or texts where it's gone after the day. Once I joined, I could respond to everything he and everyone else posted before me...so a few days really doesn't make a big difference in that case.) Fact.

Plus, while I was doing the math, I'll bet DD's been padding his lead. All I'm saying is, he's just as bad a PW as I am.

Hey, like I said, you call them as you see them, but you also seem to have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to me. I'm just trying to figure out what I did to you so that I can rectify the situation, if it's possible.

If all I have to do to make you like me more is drop off for a few days and let some others pass me, then hey, done. I've already said I'm really just trying to pass my number over at DBR, and I'm getting close. Heck, if we include DBR, DD DESTROYS me. Over there, I have 1359 posts and a join date of Mar. 07, 2007. DD has 6023 posts with a join date of Feb. 26, 2007 (in the modern era of DBR, I actually joined sometime in '98). So, he was there for nine days more than me, and has 4664 more posts than me, with 9 more days, or an average of about 520 posts more a day for those 9 days. ;) So, over there, at a membership length of 882 days for him, that's 6.83 posts per day. At a membership length of 873 days for me, that's a paltry 1.56 posts per day.

%%-
Last edited by bjornolf on July 29th, 2009, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 29th, 2009, 11:20 am

TillyGalore wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote: Please don't encourage him. I sometimes wonder if this board was named incorrectly.
Ouch. I get the feeling you don't like me anymore Tilly. Sorry for whatever it is I've done to you in the past. I have nothing but respect for you. And, it should be noted I am NOT the biggest PW on this board anymore. DD, the guy you're telling NOT to encourage me, has almost 50 posts on me. ;)

%%-

I call it as I see it.
I may become a member of YOUR fan club. :)) =)) ;)

Seriously, I have freely admitted on multiple occasions what a PW I am, so I'm not gonna give Joe TOO hard a time about this. :roll: :oops:

(it's wilson and Miles I REALLY worry about... ;) :)) =)) )
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » July 29th, 2009, 11:25 am

devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote: Ouch. I get the feeling you don't like me anymore Tilly. Sorry for whatever it is I've done to you in the past. I have nothing but respect for you. And, it should be noted I am NOT the biggest PW on this board anymore. DD, the guy you're telling NOT to encourage me, has almost 50 posts on me. ;)

%%-

I call it as I see it.
I may become a member of YOUR fan club. :)) =)) ;)

Seriously, I have freely admitted on multiple occasions what a PW I am, so I'm not gonna give Joe TOO hard a time about this. :roll: :oops:

(it's wilson and Miles I REALLY worry about... ;) :)) =)) )
I worry about us too. :D :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :(|) :ar!
sMiles
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 29th, 2009, 11:25 am

devildeac wrote: (it's wilson and Miles I REALLY worry about... ;) :)) =)) )
Hey, watch it. I still have my green jacket for a little while longer (speaking of which, when do I get/have to turn it in?).
DukePA

Post by DukePA » July 29th, 2009, 11:27 am

Ya'll should be worried about Ezmarellda. She has a plan :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 29th, 2009, 11:27 am

Instead of PW-ing EVEN more, I edited my post to add some fun numbers, DD. You should check it out. It includes our numbers as compared from DBR.

Speaking of which, would it make you happy if I fell to 32 in the rankings? I can do that. I'll just disappear until about January. That should do it. Or, would you just like to be ahead of me? Let's see, at your current posting rate of 7.6 posts per day, that should take you about, um, 65 days. So, I'll come back around September 22, and you'll be ahead of me. Would that be cool?

Seriously, Tilly, I like you and I feel bad, so tell me how I can make you happy with me again. Your support of me over on DBR in the religion threads meant a lot to me, and I wouldn't want my PW-ing to hurt that. If I can give up Dr. Pepper (and all soda...my worst addiction) for 210 days (it was my New Year's resolution), then I can give up posting here for a couple months. I'll just have to find a new addiction to feed my need.

%%-
Last edited by bjornolf on July 29th, 2009, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 29th, 2009, 11:42 am

bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

I call it as I see it.
As of the moment I post this, I have 1340, now 1341 posts. DD has 1392. The way I count, that's 51 posts, not 40. Not that I'm quibbling or anything. ;) So he's ahead by 10 posts per day that he's been on here longer than I. Doing the math, based on a membership of 112 days for him and 107 days for me, I have averaged 12.53 posts per day. He has averaged 12.43 posts per day. So, I have averaged exactly 0.1 posts more per day of membership than he has. (Plus, it's not like phone calls or texts where it's gone after the day. Once I joined, I could respond to everything he and everyone else posted before me...so a few days really doesn't make a big difference in that case.) Fact.

Plus, while I was doing the math, I'll bet DD's been padding his lead. All I'm saying is, he's just as bad a PW as I am.

Hey, like I said, you call them as you see them, but you also seem to have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to me. I'm just trying to figure out what I did to you so that I can rectify the situation, if it's possible.

If all I have to do to make you like me more is drop off for a few days and let some others pass me, then hey, done. I've already said I'm really just trying to pass my number over at DBR, and I'm getting close. Heck, if we include DBR, DD DESTROYS me. Over there, I have 1359 posts and a join date of Mar. 07, 2007. DD has 6023 posts with a join date of Feb. 26, 2007 (in the modern era of DBR, I actually joined sometime in '98). So, he was there for nine days more than me, and has 4664 more posts than me, with 9 more days, or an average of about 520 posts more a day for those 9 days. ;) So, over there, at a membership length of 882 days for him, that's 6.83 posts per day. At a membership length of 873 days for me, that's a paltry 1.56 posts per day.

%%-
Nice work.

ZZZZZZ...

;) :)) :)) =)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 29th, 2009, 11:46 am

bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

I call it as I see it.

%%-
Man, am I really down to 6.83 PPD? I was up to about 8 PPD for a while until the mods went on a culling rampage and insulting PM tear over there in late March/early April. I have posted WAYYY less over there since that time and WAYYY too much here. :roll: :oops:

But, here I go again... :))
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 29th, 2009, 11:48 am

I've used up my monthly allotment of Pandora. :(
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 29th, 2009, 11:53 am

TillyGalore wrote:I've used up my monthly allotment of Pandora. :(
I'm so confused, what's Pandora? Is that your alter-ego, like Ezmerelda (sp?) for DukePa? I can never keep them straight. Maybe you guys need to register them separately. I know that CB&B has a rule about double registering, but maybe he could relax it for you gals, since OBVIOUSLY, this is a multiple personality issue where it's really more than one person trapped in one poster. ;)

Or is that your medication and I just REALLY stepped in it? :-o

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 29th, 2009, 12:13 pm

bjornolf wrote:

%%-
Pandora is a streaming music service on the interweb, and it's flippin' awesome.
And yeah, in light of that, you just REALLY stepped in it.
Miles

Post by Miles » July 29th, 2009, 12:15 pm

wilson wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-
Pandora is a streaming music service on the interweb, and it's flippin' awesome.
Some of the best $36 a year I spend.
sMiles
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » July 29th, 2009, 12:22 pm

Miles wrote:
wilson wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-
Some of the best $36 a year I spend.
Mine ran out too. (WTF, when did they institute this?) I've since switched to Yahoo Radio (or should I say switched back to it, as I used to use it back when it was sketchy but it seems to have improved now). The new, improved version links you into radio stations around the country so I can get stations from places I used to live all in one place.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 29th, 2009, 12:26 pm

npr.org has tons of good stuff to. I like being able to listen to all of the various shows (Fresh Air, All Things Considered, etc.) on demand, as well as some of the stuff my local station (which rather blows) doesn't carry.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 29th, 2009, 12:27 pm

I'm so confused. It asks me what I want to hear, then tells me it won't let me listen to that. I don't get it.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 29th, 2009, 12:28 pm

wilson wrote:npr.org has tons of good stuff to. I like being able to listen to all of the various shows (Fresh Air, All Things Considered, etc.) on demand, as well as some of the stuff my local station (which rather blows) doesn't carry.
Come to think of it, I've just fired up this week's episode of 'Car Talk'. Delight.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 29th, 2009, 12:30 pm

bjornolf wrote:I'm so confused. It asks me what I want to hear, then tells me it won't let me listen to that. I don't get it.

%%-
The point is that it asks you what you like with a mind toward introducing you to new, similar things you might also like. The "favorite" you typed in will also be sprinkled into the mix. Give it more than five minutes.
You've been hanging out with preschoolers too much.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 29th, 2009, 12:33 pm

wilson wrote: The point is that it asks you what you like with a mind toward introducing you to new, similar things you might also like. The "favorite" you typed in will also be sprinkled into the mix. Give it more than five minutes.
You've been hanging out with preschoolers too much.
Ouch. Touche. :(( Problem is, with my preschoolers, I only get to listen for about four minutes at a time, or about one song. Then I have to run off and chase them for 20 minutes.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 29th, 2009, 12:36 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Ouch. Touche. :(( Problem is, with my preschoolers, I only get to listen for about four minutes at a time, or about one song. Then I have to run off and chase them for 20 minutes.

%%-
Reason number 9,672 why I don't want kids anytime soon.