LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » February 18th, 2014, 4:13 pm

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

More Vibes for Christian.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » February 18th, 2014, 4:26 pm

Just let me get this off my chest CANCER SUCKS! There is a fundraiser here today for a little 4-year old girl named Taryn who was just diagnosed with a very aggressive childhood cancer called neuroblastoma. She checked into U of Iowa to begin her treatment today. Cancer knows no bounds and I HATE it! Vibes prayers & hugs to anyone whose is being touched by it! :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 18th, 2014, 8:19 pm

"He has no family, other than a sister in New Jersey."

Well he has one now! Tell him all you know about us all and assure him we are wrapping him in cyber family hugs. Hope he can feel them. If there is a time when you think one of us should visit him at Duke, just say the word. Tillie showed us how important that was when she first heard about DukeRah's incarceration. She had only met us via CTN and new nothing about us other than that when she brought her CTN vibes to Sarah's room in person.

We wouldn't want to barge in there if it's not appropriate, so we'll leave that decision up to you know know the situation best. I'll meet you there if you would ever like that.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 18th, 2014, 8:51 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:"He has no family, other than a sister in New Jersey."

Well he has one now! Tell him all you know about us all and assure him we are wrapping him in cyber family hugs. Hope he can feel them. If there is a time when you think one of us should visit him at Duke, just say the word. Tillie showed us how important that was when she first heard about DukeRah's incarceration. She had only met us via CTN and new nothing about us other than that when she brought her CTN vibes to Sarah's room in person.

We wouldn't want to barge in there if it's not appropriate, so we'll leave that decision up to you know know the situation best. I'll meet you there if you would ever like that.

Love, Ima
Y'all are the best! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

I will keep everybody posted on how he is doing and what is happening there. Once the surgery is behind him, I am sure he would love visitors (provided his insurance lets him stay X( ).
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » February 18th, 2014, 9:44 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

Love, Ima

I will keep everybody posted on how he is doing and what is happening there. Once the surgery is behind him, I am sure he would love visitors (provided his insurance lets him stay X( ).
In the mean time, what can we do to help his sister?
I worship the Blue Devil!
Cheermom
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Cheermom » February 18th, 2014, 11:11 pm

Prayers and vibes for Christian and the LG's :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 18th, 2014, 11:26 pm

IowaDevil wrote:Just let me get this off my chest CANCER SUCKS! There is a fundraiser here today for a little 4-year old girl named Taryn who was just diagnosed with a very aggressive childhood cancer called neuroblastoma. She checked into U of Iowa to begin her treatment today. Cancer knows no bounds and I HATE it! Vibes prayers & hugs to anyone whose is being touched by it! :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug:
Is Taryn being considered for bone marrow transplant? :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » February 19th, 2014, 6:40 am

Vibes, hugs and prayers to D'Lise!
:wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :ymhug:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » February 19th, 2014, 8:41 am

Taryn is just in the beginning stages of determining the right plan of treatment for her. They put in a port yesterday and are waiting on some labs to be completed off site before finalizing the plan! Fund raiser appeared to be a huge success last night! She is at the U of Iowa and depending on lab results may end up at Sloan Kettering. So many thanks for all your vibes & prayers :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 19th, 2014, 10:35 am

TillyGalore wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

Love, Ima

In the mean time, what can we do to help his sister?
Once Edith gets here, I will find out what can be done to support her. I believe she is flying in tomorrow.

If someone would duct tape Christian's phone charger to his body so that every text I get didn't start out with "phone about to die," that would be helpful.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 19th, 2014, 11:32 am

Cheermom wrote:Prayers and vibes for Christian and the LG's :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Ditto!!!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 19th, 2014, 3:19 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

If someone would duct tape Christian's phone charger to his body so that every text I get didn't start out with "phone about to die," that would be helpful.

Sounds like he needs one of the portable chargers (I do so love mine)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 19th, 2014, 4:48 pm

windsor wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

Ooh, tell me more! :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 19th, 2014, 9:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
windsor wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

Ooh, tell me more! :9f:
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1& ... %20charger

they come in many shapes sizes and prices...
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

As the Bunsen Burns

Post by ArkieDukie » February 19th, 2014, 9:39 pm

I learned today that Road Runner really does have Bar Minion's number. I was talking to her about an upcoming visit from a service engineer which would partially consist of some training. I asked her if it was something that Bar Minion would be interested in learning; she said she would ask because it would be better if it came from her rather than me. I said something about that being true, and then said I just thought I should check to see if she (BM) was interested. Road Runner's response was, "Who knows what she's interested in. It's certainly not (technique X that RR spent a lot of money for BM to learn). She's not interested in that at all." I said, "Bar Minion is only interested in doing what someone else is doing." (and then thought, I can't believe I just said that!) Road Runner's immediate response was, "If there's a new person in the lab, she's especially interested in what they're doing so she can show how much better she is at it." MEOW! (But, sadly, accurate.) So, if I had any doubt at all that Road Runner now officially has Bar Minion's number and has had it up to her eyeballs, that doubt has been erased.

How is Road Runner dealing with Bar Minion's bad behavior, you might ask? Well, Road Runner actually gave Bar Minion her very own project to work on. It is hers and no one else's. Road Runner did this because she has finally recognized that Bar Minion is not a team player - not only this, but she has obstructionist tendencies. She will actually withhold data/information from others in the lab if she believes it helps make her look better. Even worse, I am completely convinced that she is capable of sabotage. I know that she takes credit for the work of others in the lab. Since Bar Minion is incapable of working as a member of a team, Road Runner has made Bar Minion into her own one-person team. She cannot ask for help from anyone else in the lab; all work must be completed by her and no one else. The rest of the group is the other team. I commented that it's really sad that she cannot play well with others and that her attitude is not at all constructive. Road Runner agreed with me. I think RR is actually trying to make BM quit since she cannot fire her. Here's hoping it works sooner rather than later.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » February 20th, 2014, 7:11 am

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: As the Bunsen Burns

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 20th, 2014, 8:03 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I learned today that Road Runner really does have Bar Minion's number. I was talking to her about an upcoming visit from a service engineer which would partially consist of some training. I asked her if it was something that Bar Minion would be interested in learning; she said she would ask because it would be better if it came from her rather than me. I said something about that being true, and then said I just thought I should check to see if she (BM) was interested. Road Runner's response was, "Who knows what she's interested in. It's certainly not (technique X that RR spent a lot of money for BM to learn). She's not interested in that at all." I said, "Bar Minion is only interested in doing what someone else is doing." (and then thought, I can't believe I just said that!) Road Runner's immediate response was, "If there's a new person in the lab, she's especially interested in what they're doing so she can show how much better she is at it." MEOW! (But, sadly, accurate.) So, if I had any doubt at all that Road Runner now officially has Bar Minion's number and has had it up to her eyeballs, that doubt has been erased.

How is Road Runner dealing with Bar Minion's bad behavior, you might ask? Well, Road Runner actually gave Bar Minion her very own project to work on. It is hers and no one else's. Road Runner did this because she has finally recognized that Bar Minion is not a team player - not only this, but she has obstructionist tendencies. She will actually withhold data/information from others in the lab if she believes it helps make her look better. Even worse, I am completely convinced that she is capable of sabotage. I know that she takes credit for the work of others in the lab. Since Bar Minion is incapable of working as a member of a team, Road Runner has made Bar Minion into her own one-person team. She cannot ask for help from anyone else in the lab; all work must be completed by her and no one else. The rest of the group is the other team. I commented that it's really sad that she cannot play well with others and that her attitude is not at all constructive. Road Runner agreed with me. I think RR is actually trying to make BM quit since she cannot fire her. Here's hoping it works sooner rather than later.

Wow, that is good for you to know. Hoping it works out. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 20th, 2014, 8:15 am

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 20th, 2014, 8:25 am

lawgrad91 wrote:

Love, Ima

LG, Bud and I are here. Anything needed, we would love it help. :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 21st, 2014, 8:42 am

For Christian. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: