Neither was Maryland...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Neither was Maryland...

Post by windsor » February 1st, 2014, 1:21 pm

Dear Syracuse,

Today is a big game. It is an important game. It is not the be all and end all. It is also NOT the beginning of a rivalry. We are DUKE. Every time time we roll in to town it is a BIG GAME for the other guys. Just because WE are important to you does not mean your are of equal importance to us.

Let me put this simply....in words you can understand. We have ONE rival and ONE rival only. They are 11 miles a way, they wear a sickening washed out shade of blue. They are cheaters and whiners. The must be crushed. Always. If the only games we won all year were against the tarholes we would almost be OK with that. True Duke fans would willingly make a deal with devil and/or surrender a body part to guarantee an extended period of Caro-whine-a suckage. Go To Hell Carolina is our rallying cry. They are our Rivals. Like the deluded Turtles before you, you are our opponents. You are NOT our RIVALS. Not today, not tomorrow...NOT EVER.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Neither was Maryland...

Post by lawgrad91 » February 1st, 2014, 5:29 pm

We need a "HELL, YEAH!" button for this. Or enormous sparks. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » February 1st, 2014, 9:52 pm

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only person who wanted to shout at the TV "not our rivals." Though they are way better and classier than the Twerps.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 1st, 2014, 10:18 pm

windsor wrote:Dear Syracuse,

Today is a big game. It is an important game. It is not the be all and end all. It is also NOT the beginning of a rivalry. We are DUKE. Every time time we roll in to town it is a BIG GAME for the other guys. Just because WE are important to you does not mean your are of equal importance to us.

Let me put this simply....in words you can understand. We have ONE rival and ONE rival only. They are 11 miles a way, they wear a sickening washed out shade of blue. They are cheaters and whiners. The must be crushed. Always. If the only games we won all year were against the tarholes we would almost be OK with that. True Duke fans would willingly make a deal with devil and/or surrender a body part to guarantee an extended period of Caro-whine-a suckage. Go To Hell Carolina is our rallying cry. They are our Rivals. Like the deluded Turtles before you, you are our opponents. You are NOT our RIVALS. Not today, not tomorrow...NOT EVER.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL!
"Like" GTHC
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 1st, 2014, 11:42 pm

We are DUKE. Every time time we roll in to town it is a BIG GAME for the other guys. Just because WE are important to you does not mean your are of equal importance to us.
QFE

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » February 2nd, 2014, 7:27 am

TillyGalore wrote:Though they are way better and classier than the Twerps.
I could swear I heard the crowd singing the "you suck" song (da da da daaaaaaa da, HEY, YOU SUCK)

or maybe that was me yelling at the refs...
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » February 2nd, 2014, 8:15 am

Ahhh, so now I think I know who NOR was from last night.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » February 2nd, 2014, 8:18 am

I would think.the classier and better comparison would be to UNC. Mentioning MD moves the closer to being...meh, I haveno idea what I am saying. But it is another post.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 2nd, 2014, 10:51 am

I will actually disagree. UNC will always be our MAIN, MOST HATED rivals, but I totally welcome a rivalry with Syracuse. Two strong, consistent programs that do things right and stay at the top. It is hard to ask for more.
Maryland decided they were our rivals after a couple games that they were better than good, then of course reality once again smacked them in the face. Syracuse will be better than good for a long, long time, just as Duke will be.
This will be fun.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » February 2nd, 2014, 11:03 am

A quote from Coach K on the Blue Devil Network:
"Great rivalries don't have to be built on hatred, they're built on respect, on a respect for excellence." - Coach K last night
;;)
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » February 2nd, 2014, 11:53 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:A quote from Coach K on the Blue Devil Network:
"Great rivalries don't have to be built on hatred, they're built on respect, on a respect for excellence." - Coach K last night
;;)
Yep. I told Stevo yesterday that I welcome this new rivalry because it will be a pure basketball rivalry without the hatred and history we have with UNC. With that said though, I imagine this will bring on more Duke hate and Syracuse will get a pass. Of course UNC will always be our top rival. GTHC, GTH!!!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 2nd, 2014, 11:54 am

I agree with K. And CB&B.

We'll beat them the next three times we play them ... this season! Two of the victories will be for banners, one on the side and one on the end of Cameron! :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 2nd, 2014, 12:17 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: We'll beat them the next three times we play them ... this season! Two of the victories will be for banners, one on the side and one on the end of Cameron! :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
:spork: :spork: :spork:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 2nd, 2014, 12:42 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I agree with K. And CB&B.

We'll beat them the next three times we play them ... this season! Two of the victories will be for banners, one on the side and one on the end of Cameron! :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:

Amen!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 2nd, 2014, 3:00 pm

Me three. Welcome to the fray, Syracuse. But, please stay classy. I would love for this relationship to eclipse the one with UNC. They have gotten so boring of late. Sort of pitiful, really. We need a worthy rival.
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 3rd, 2014, 9:13 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:

o
Me three. Welcome to the fray, Syracuse. But, please stay classy. I would love for this relationship to eclipse the one with UNC. They have gotten so boring of late. Sort of pitiful, really. We need a worthy rival.
That makes four of us. Ima, I'm with you!! Also having a rival who's coach is classy is a good thing. Yup, having a worthy rival gets a "like" from me.
:9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 3rd, 2014, 11:48 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:

To stay classy they would have to have started out that way...
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 16th, 2014, 8:38 am

Any good cheers from yesterday's episode of Spear the Turtle? :duke:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 16th, 2014, 12:55 pm

Great Win over the Turtles!!!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 16th, 2014, 3:33 pm

Lavabe wrote:Any good cheers from yesterday's episode of Spear the Turtle? :duke:
Nope. Not many. The Crazies don't get much of a chance to chant anymore. Everything is programmed and choreographed right down to the Duke Gardens commercials. The canned stuff is absolutely packed full. You can set your watch by it.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe