Might Jabari not be a one and done?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Might Jabari not be a one and done?

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 22nd, 2014, 8:37 am

I've seen lots of speculation lately that Parker may hang on another year to play with the class we have coming in. Given his year so far, I'd be tempted to say that is a really good idea. If he DOES go to the draft, there is no doubt that he would be a lottery pick, but of course we'd love to have him for another year. And he'd gain ton of respect from me, since I'm on record as not being able to be a big fan of guys who show up for one year to meet a requirement of the NBA. Not blaming them for doing it, I just wish they would do it at another school.
Anyway...here is one of a few reads I have seen about the chance of Jabari staying.
And the growing view among NBA executives seems to be Jabari Parker will not leave Duke this year. Chicagoan Jahlil Okafor, a Parker friend and big man, is going to Duke next season. Parker is a bright young man with a strong family and the feeling is he understands both the importance of education and feels he owes Duke and the chance to have a great Duke team, which more than likely is the next two seasons. Plus, Parker has seen what staying in school has done for other greats compared with the tough starts for even stars like Kobe Bryant.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... er-season/
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Re: Might Jabari not be a one and done?

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 22nd, 2014, 9:58 pm

His father says not to listen to ANYbody -- that his family will be the first to have any inkling at all and they have all vowed not to even discuss the subject until after the season. So anything we hear is pure speculation and shouldn't be given any merit at all.

Given the classy way they handled his announcement to come to Duke, I have to believe the man. Don't nobody know nothin'.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 23rd, 2014, 8:14 am

I am totally allowed to dream. :D
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 23rd, 2014, 1:47 pm

I will enjoy Jabari this season!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue:
pinkbend
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by pinkbend » January 29th, 2014, 1:19 pm

Of course I hope Jabari stays. As a former college professor, I still have the outdated belief that a person goes to college to get a degree...and, if playing a sport is part of that experience, it's not the ultimate goal. Don't you get tired of hearing "one and done" before a person even steps on the court?
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 7th, 2014, 6:27 pm

pinkbend wrote:Of course I hope Jabari stays. As a former college professor, I still have the outdated belief that a person goes to college to get a degree...and, if playing a sport is part of that experience, it's not the ultimate goal. Don't you get tired of hearing "one and done" before a person even steps on the court?
Yes I do get tired of OAD. It wouldn't make me unhappy for the rule to be reversed. I would like to see these OAD go straight to the NBA. If a kid want's to go to school, they will.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 17th, 2014, 9:43 am

First McBobs, and now Jabari... out for the remainder of the NBA season.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12040 ... n-torn-acl
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 17th, 2014, 12:12 pm

At least we can't blame the Duke shoes...