LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » January 24th, 2014, 11:15 am

Native wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Vibe request --- Niece Elizabeth has her Duke alumni interview tomorrow afternoon. Please send vibes toward PA that she has a great interview.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Vibes! If she needs any advice let me know!

Off the bat, I'd tell her to just prepare for the general "So, tell me about yourself" question. My guy started off with that — and I'd bet most interviewers do, too — and having my thoughts organized for that helped me get into the flow of the interview. If you go all over the place on that one you can psyche yourself out for the rest of the interview. Just be calm and be yourself. That'd be my advice.
Thanks, Native. I will pass the advice along to her. I may call on you if she makes a visit to campus. I'd love to have her meet you, if you have time - you are a great example of how to tackle the college life. Study hard, be active, and take advantage of the opportunities presented. All qualities that she has.
Life is good!
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » January 24th, 2014, 12:44 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Native wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Vibe request --- Niece Elizabeth has her Duke alumni interview tomorrow afternoon. Please send vibes toward PA that she has a great interview.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Off the bat, I'd tell her to just prepare for the general "So, tell me about yourself" question. My guy started off with that — and I'd bet most interviewers do, too — and having my thoughts organized for that helped me get into the flow of the interview. If you go all over the place on that one you can psyche yourself out for the rest of the interview. Just be calm and be yourself. That'd be my advice.
Thanks, Native. I will pass the advice along to her. I may call on you if she makes a visit to campus. I'd love to have her meet you, if you have time - you are a great example of how to tackle the college life. Study hard, be active, and take advantage of the opportunities presented. All qualities that she has.
I'd be more than happy to meet with her if she ever visits. I'm sure Robbie would be, too — that is, if you can catch him before he graduates, the old coot.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 24th, 2014, 12:58 pm

Native wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
Native wrote: quote="DukieInKansas"]Vibe request --- Niece Elizabeth has her Duke alumni interview tomorrow afternoon. Please send vibes toward PA that she has a great interview.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:[/quote

I'd be more than happy to meet with her if she ever visits. I'm sure Robbie would be, too — that is, if you can catch him before he graduates, the old coot.
Is he really ready to graduate? I had him younger than that - which means I probably have your year wrong also. I do like how you wonderful young men get older and I do not. :D :))
Life is good!
Native

Post by Native » January 24th, 2014, 2:24 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Native wrote:
Native wrote: quote="DukieInKansas"]Vibe request --- Niece Elizabeth has her Duke alumni interview tomorrow afternoon. Please send vibes toward PA that she has a great interview.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:[/quote

Is he really ready to graduate? I had him younger than that - which means I probably have your year wrong also. I do like how you wonderful young men get older and I do not. :D :))
Hah, Robbie's a senior and I'm a junior. Time flies.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » January 24th, 2014, 7:51 pm

Mega interview vibes to Elizabeth!!! (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 25th, 2014, 12:29 am

Thanks for all the vibes. She thought the interview went well.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 25th, 2014, 5:30 am

26 F now, 75 F on Sunday.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 25th, 2014, 7:33 am

YmoBeThere wrote:26 F now, 75 F on Sunday.
9F all the time!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 25th, 2014, 7:45 am

Heavy snow and 30 mph wind gusts, along with 22F temps.
Officially, we have blizzard conditions.
This sucks.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 25th, 2014, 7:50 am

Lavabe wrote:Heavy snow and 30 mph wind gusts, along with 22F temps.
Officially, we have blizzard conditions.
This sucks.
We actually had ice in Galveston yesterday. Ice. Not much on the ground, but trees, fences, bridges, etc. had ice. Put that in the category of things I never thought I'd see. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 27th, 2014, 9:11 am

"You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But, you can't pick your friend's nose" -- Author unknown
20140125_lbm_ad8_092.0_standard_730.0.jpg
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 27th, 2014, 9:17 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:"You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But, you can't pick your friend's nose" -- Author unknown
Love, Ima
And am sure that was a foul on Rodney! ;)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 27th, 2014, 5:46 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:"You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But, you can't pick your friend's nose" -- Author unknown
Love, Ima
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Perfect caption!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 28th, 2014, 4:50 am

IowaDevil wrote:
Love, Ima
And am sure that was a foul on Rodney! ;)
That's just crazie!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 28th, 2014, 9:21 pm

I'm watching the State of the Union. I told Sam, "That guy is Oprah's boyfriend."

Sam said, "That guy is the attorney general."

Sam is right.

Stedman Graham and Eric Holder: Separated at Birth:

ImageImage

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 28th, 2014, 9:22 pm

When politicians speak, I go "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 28th, 2014, 9:27 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:When politicians speak, I go "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".
I probably should have put that in the Good Night thread!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 28th, 2014, 10:30 pm

The Varnish County Courthouse is closed tomorrow. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

I did a happy dance and all dogs got extra treats.

So now the question becomes, can I stay up late enough to enjoy being off tomorrow? (Answer: probably not)
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 29th, 2014, 10:12 pm

Almost 24 hours ofnothing. I think they had a TV show about that.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 29th, 2014, 10:13 pm

I'm not the postwhore I used to be.