Snow day!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Snow day!

Post by DukePA » January 22nd, 2014, 8:32 am

All I gotta say is, "thank God for my extra padding," because I fell in the hotel parking lot this morning. fortunately, only my dignity is bruised :). We decided to close the clinic today because it's still snowing a little and won't get above freezing. I can just see my patients out there on the ice. Oy!
IowaDevil

Re: Snow day!

Post by IowaDevil » January 22nd, 2014, 8:41 am

Stay safe!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 22nd, 2014, 8:52 am

Glad you are okay. Dignity heals faster than bones! :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » January 22nd, 2014, 9:05 am

Today's weather certainly puts us all on notice to be careful. I know you've already taken an analgesic to head off any discomfort from that fall. Glad you're OK. ;;)
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 22nd, 2014, 9:34 am

Gentle air hugs, DukePA!

This is a teacher work day, so it's not a snow day for Christian. My yard so so pretty with the dusting of snow. It looks like the heavens dumped fluffy cake frosting on everything. The roads are clear, so I'm heading in to work soon.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 22nd, 2014, 9:42 am

CathyCA wrote:Gentle air hugs, DukePA!

This is a teacher work day, so it's not a snow day for Christian. My yard so so pretty with the dusting of snow. It looks like the heavens dumped fluffy cake frosting on everything. The roads are clear, so I'm heading in to work soon.

:9f:
Yup. That's exactly what black ice looks like! Be careful.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 22nd, 2014, 11:43 am

DukePA wrote:All I gotta say is, "thank God for my extra padding," because I fell in the hotel parking lot this morning. fortunately, only my dignity is bruised :). We decided to close the clinic today because it's still snowing a little and won't get above freezing. I can just see my patients out there on the ice. Oy!
Yikes! I hope there aren't any residual effects. I fell on black ice going to hockey game when I was in college and hurt my S-I joint. To this day I still have issues if I over do it cleaning house. I refer to this as my college hockey injury. :)) :))

Hope you feel better and stay warm. Nothing substantial in Durham so Duke is at work.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 22nd, 2014, 12:49 pm

Just a dusting of snow in Durham. The sun is out. Very cold outside. Snow is gone, for the most part.
BE SAFE!!!!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 22nd, 2014, 2:07 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DukePA wrote:All I gotta say is, "thank God for my extra padding," because I fell in the hotel parking lot this morning. fortunately, only my dignity is bruised :). We decided to close the clinic today because it's still snowing a little and won't get above freezing. I can just see my patients out there on the ice. Oy!
Yikes! I hope there aren't any residual effects. I fell on black ice going to hockey game when I was in college and hurt my S-I joint. To this day I still have issues if I over do it cleaning house. I refer to this as my college hockey injury. :)) :))

Hope you feel better and stay warm. Nothing substantial in Durham so Duke is at work.
Giggling! I'm totally good. No aches or pain at all, so this is the first time I'm happy to be fat!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 23rd, 2014, 11:09 am

DukePA wrote:Giggling! I'm totally good. No aches or pain at all, so this is the first time I'm happy to be fat!
:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) I am laughing since I'm fat too.
I worship the Blue Devil!