CTN Weight Loss Challenge!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: CTN Weight Loss Challenge!

Post by TillyGalore » January 15th, 2014, 7:38 pm

IowaDevil wrote:Tilly - I think I sent a request too! At least that was what I thought I did! :D
I don't think I got one from you, so I sent you a friend request. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
I worship the Blue Devil!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 15th, 2014, 7:39 pm

CathyCA wrote:Gah! I hate drinking water! But I drank 64 ounces of water today. :obscene-drinkingchug:

:9f:
I'm with you on this, Cathy. During the week I always have water in my office and only drink water at work and at home. When I am at a restaurant, I do imbibe in (unsweet) tea.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 15th, 2014, 10:29 pm

I still hate water, but I drank 64 ounces of it again today.

When are the pounds going to melt away?

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 15th, 2014, 10:45 pm

CathyCA wrote:I still hate water, but I drank 64 ounces of it again today.

When are the pounds going to melt away?

Not melt, float. The pounds will float away if you keep drinking water. :D
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » January 16th, 2014, 9:41 pm

An interesting thought:
image.jpg
image.jpg (41.53 KiB) Viewed 262 times
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 17th, 2014, 6:50 pm

I bought a Fitbit on Amazon; I'm supposed to receive it on Monday. It syncs with MyFitnessPal, which should help with activity logging. Sounds like this is the group's electronic gadget of choice for activity logging. Who else has one besides windsor and CathyCA? Any helpful advice/tips to pass along?

I'm doing all the MyFitnessPal stuff on my iPhone, and I cannot see the group that windsor created. Not sure how to find it.

My big accomplishment for the day: I had an appointment this morning for an eye exam, and I walked to the eye clinic. The walk took approximately 15 minutes. :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2014, 8:04 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I bought a Fitbit on Amazon; I'm supposed to receive it on Monday. It syncs with MyFitnessPal, which should help with activity logging. Sounds like this is the group's electronic gadget of choice for activity logging. Who else has one besides windsor and CathyCA? Any helpful advice/tips to pass along?

I'm doing all the MyFitnessPal stuff on my iPhone, and I cannot see the group that windsor created. Not sure how to find it.

My big accomplishment for the day: I had an appointment this morning for an eye exam, and I walked to the eye clinic. The walk took approximately 15 minutes. :happy-bouncyblue:
Which Fitbit did you buy? I'm thinking strongly about buying a Flex. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 17th, 2014, 8:27 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I bought a Fitbit on Amazon; I'm supposed to receive it on Monday. It syncs with MyFitnessPal, which should help with activity logging. Sounds like this is the group's electronic gadget of choice for activity logging. Who else has one besides windsor and CathyCA? Any helpful advice/tips to pass along?

I got the Fitbit One. Considered the Flex but saw some comments in reviews that said it wasn't as good at detecting certain types of exercise (such as cycling). :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 17th, 2014, 8:44 pm

I also got a fitbit One - I didn't one something that was viible all the time, the one is clipped to my bra between the girls.

I've had for months...and I love it.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 17th, 2014, 9:27 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

Jon and I each have a Flex. We call them our "going steady bracelets." I have been very happy with my Flex.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 18th, 2014, 9:40 am

AD & other having trouble finding Groups on phone/tablet apps. I contacted the company and that feature is not available on the apps. "They are considering it for future releases!" You have to log in online to see groups! I've not found anything else that is not available on the apps! :(
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 18th, 2014, 11:32 am

IowaDevil wrote:AD & other having trouble finding Groups on phone/tablet apps. I contacted the company and that feature is not available on the apps. "They are considering it for future releases!" You have to log in online to see groups! I've not found anything else that is not available on the apps! :(

That sucks. Perhaps I will shift to another forum for that. In the mean time I have a link to the spreadsheet on my page!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 18th, 2014, 2:03 pm

I went for a walk on the beach this morning with a friend - we walked for 1.5 hrs! It put me over 10,000 steps for the day. I almost backed out because I had a bit of a sinus headache, but the walk seems to have helped with that.

Am looking forward to having the Fitbit to help log all my activity. In preparation for our offical start date, in addition to getting a Fitbit, I stocked my fridge with healthier food options. Even bought a bag of kale. I'm a huge fan of kale chips and haven't ventured past them. Are there other good ways to prepare kale? For any of you who might be curious, the new Naked Kale Blazer juice is not so good. Green Machine is great, so I thought I'd give it a try. Won't be doing that again.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 18th, 2014, 4:04 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I went for a walk on the beach this morning with a friend - we walked for 1.5 hrs! It put me over 10,000 steps for the day. I almost backed out because I had a bit of a sinus headache, but the walk seems to have helped with that.

Am looking forward to having the Fitbit to help log all my activity. In preparation for our offical start date, in addition to getting a Fitbit, I stocked my fridge with healthier food options. Even bought a bag of kale. I'm a huge fan of kale chips and haven't ventured past them. Are there other good ways to prepare kale? For any of you who might be curious, the new Naked Kale Blazer juice is not so good. Green Machine is great, so I thought I'd give it a try. Won't be doing that again.
Great job, AD!!! Are you on Pinterest? There are all kinds of great recipes for everything!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 18th, 2014, 10:13 pm

I saute kale in grapeseed oil. It has a high smoke point, so you can cook it down fast. I season it with salt and vinegar. YUM!

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 18th, 2014, 10:21 pm

CathyCA wrote:I saute kale in grapeseed oil. It has a high smoke point, so you can cook it down fast. I season it with salt and vinegar. YUM!

Drool. My grandfather grew kale, collards, and other sorts of greens when I was coming along. I freakin' love greens just about any way they can be fixed. Thanks for the tip! :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 19th, 2014, 10:10 am

my friend Dez, who has joined the challenged can cook up some wicked greens. wicked.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 19th, 2014, 10:46 am

dietbirds.png
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 19th, 2014, 12:20 pm

I cooked up a pot of killer collard greens on New Year's. I fried a tiny bit of pork, took it out the pan, added red wine vinegar and cabernet to make a reduction. Spiced it up with a little crushed red pepper and garlic powder before wilting the greens in the pan. I put the wilted collards into the slow cooker with chicken stock and let it simmer all day. It rocked! I've heard that smoked turkey wings work well in place of pork for a more calorie-friendly version.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 19th, 2014, 4:44 pm

windsor wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:AD & other having trouble finding Groups on phone/tablet apps. I contacted the company and that feature is not available on the apps. "They are considering it for future releases!" You have to log in online to see groups! I've not found anything else that is not available on the apps! :(

That sucks. Perhaps I will shift to another forum for that. In the mean time I have a link to the spreadsheet on my page!

I have a work around. On my droids the APP does not let me see the groups. If I go through my web browser to myfitnesspal.com lo and behold there it is. I can not test on iPad or iPhone as my house is an apple free zone.