Life Is Not Good: The anti-thread to wilson's Life Is Good

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Life Is Not Good: The anti-thread to wilson's Life Is Good

Post by DevilAlumna » July 27th, 2009, 11:49 pm

captmojo wrote:It was quite therapeutic to get that out of me.
I have been in deep depression. What if? What if not?
I wish I had laid out of work that day.
I had to come to the realization that I had done everything I could do to avoid what became inevitable that day.
It took a long time.
It could have been worse. I don't have the slightest idea how people that have been through something like this, with worse injuries, cope with the realities.
I have co-workers that have endured accidents resulting in fatality. One was the result of suicide. They all have nightmares. I've had my share.
Thanks for sharing - that is a lot to hold in.

It sounds like the accident really got to you, just the incident itself. The fallout from work then sounds like a healthy dose of bullshit on top of a traumatic experience, thus compounding everything into one big, depression-worthy mess. Throw in that you're a lucky member of the "sandwich" generation, and man, you're right, it has been a shitty year for you.

I understand that the Chinese believe that you get three bad years in a row, followed by six good ones. Perhaps you're stuck in the midst of the bad years, but there's always those good ones to look forward to. In the meantime, we can be here to kick shins, send vibes, and just commiserate with you. Hey, you can even send those pillows to us for safekeeping, if one day, 13 just seems to be too many to handle. ;)
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 28th, 2009, 12:01 am

Captmojo: Good things don't always happen to good people. You've certainly had your share of the down side of life. I'm glad you have the support of your co-workers and your friends here online because you are deserving of that. There will be an up turn soon.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » July 28th, 2009, 12:36 am

Capt, my first thought was to say "You win." But that is SO inappropriate considering everything. I'll just say major vibes to you. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » July 28th, 2009, 12:37 am

And I'll also say that if you want to vent about the bullshit of life, feel free to PM me. I'm sure we'd give each other a run for our money these days.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 28th, 2009, 6:58 am

Sending vibes to my friend captmojo, and shin kicks to his boss. Bastard!
I worship the Blue Devil!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 28th, 2009, 9:00 am

We brought Sarah home from the hospital last night and in and among her baggage we found pounds and pounds of "not yet used" CT vibes. I'm packing up a pile of them with mega vibes of our own and shipping them your way! There are so many that you can't possibly use them all, so when you are done, pass on the left overs to another crazietalker in need. Meanwhile, breathe and know that this hard time will pass. Deep down you really do have everything it takes to handle whatever comes. You really do.
Bless your heart.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 28th, 2009, 9:18 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:We brought Sarah home from the hospital last night
Good for you and Sarah! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 28th, 2009, 10:25 am

Dear friends, I never intended to turn this into a "vibe" thing, but weeks of holding all this in...you can see why I might have been eager for DD to open it up.
I think a much more significant development here has been the return of Ima's daughter to home, and sooner perhaps, to total health. This has been a great bit of news.

Thank you all for your support. As for vibe sending, please re-direct them to the lady who was injured that day. I was physically unscathed. She was not. She sustained a foot injury and due to the implications of insurance claims, I've not sought out her present condition. My attorney has promised to make me informed.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 28th, 2009, 10:37 am

captmojo wrote:Dear friends, I never intended to turn this into a "vibe" thing, but weeks of holding all this in...you can see why I might have been eager for DD to open it up.
I think a much more significant development here has been the return of Ima's daughter to home, and sooner perhaps, to total health. This has been a great bit of news.

Thank you all for your support. As for vibe sending, please re-direct them to the lady who was injured that day. I was physically unscathed. She was not. She sustained a foot injury and due to the implications of insurance claims, I've not sought out her present condition. My attorney has promised to make me informed.
Vibes and prayers certainly are sent her way. However, you are worthy of vibes and prayers also. Being involved in any accident - even when you aren't hurt - is hard to get over so our thoughts, vibes, and prayers go to you to help you through the aftermath of the accident.

If you don't want vibes, can I send you another pillow for the bed? ;)
Life is good!
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 28th, 2009, 10:41 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
If you don't want vibes, can I send you another pillow for the bed? ;)
:)) Thanks, but...no. I have more than my share. :))
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » July 28th, 2009, 10:52 am

captmojo wrote:Dear friends, I never intended to turn this into a "vibe" thing, but weeks of holding all this in...you can see why I might have been eager for DD to open it up.

We have an infinite supply of vibes!! We'll send them to the lady and to you. Also, glad you opened up and shared with us. One of the many reasons we're here is to support each other :D
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 28th, 2009, 11:52 am

Sue71 wrote:Life is shit now.

Too true.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 28th, 2009, 12:48 pm

You're among friends here! Venting is sometimes the first step toward healing. Accepting support and encouragement are also part of the healing process.

We have enough vibes, prayers and hugs to fill the universe and then some. The supply is infinite. (Don't ask me to amplify on that idea. Physics was not my best course.)
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 28th, 2009, 12:49 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:We brought Sarah home from the hospital last night and in and among her baggage we found pounds and pounds of "not yet used" CT vibes. I'm packing up a pile of them with mega vibes of our own and shipping them your way! There are so many that you can't possibly use them all, so when you are done, pass on the left overs to another crazietalker in need. Meanwhile, breathe and know that this hard time will pass. Deep down you really do have everything it takes to handle whatever comes. You really do.
Bless your heart.
Love, Ima
So glad Sarah is home from the hospital! That's news I've been waiting for!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 28th, 2009, 1:23 pm

captmojo, as others have stated we are here for each other, no matter what we're going through. Am sending vibes and prayers to the young lady injured in the accident.
I worship the Blue Devil!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 28th, 2009, 1:40 pm

Never got an answer to this question, so reiterating...
wilson wrote: So, catpmojo, from reading/inferring, am I correct in thinking you're a truck/some other kind of commercial driver? Because I think that's kind of awesome. I'd love to come along on a ride sometime (apologies if I'm totally wrong, or if this is somehow insulting/presumptuous/whatever). Of course, I might rather just run defense for you for a while in a '76 Trans Am with Sally Field riding shotgun...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 28th, 2009, 4:34 pm

I really hesitated starting this thread and thought about it for several days. After your story, I am relieved I proceeded and that you could share that with us. Thanks again. Prior posters pretty much express my sentiments about your unfortunate event.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » July 28th, 2009, 4:40 pm

DD- I think Captmojo would agree with me on this- This thread is cathartic for those of us having a bad time more than anything. As I mentioned somewhere on here (another thread maybe?), y'all have been checking up on me more than my non-imaginary friends (and family, now that I think about it). Sometimes I just need to vent, and if no one here wants to read about it, please just say the word and I'll stop. But otherwise, I find it something of a release when I post about the bullshit of my life, especially when I feel very, very alone. It's me & Chloe against the world. Or in our cave. Or something like that.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 28th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Sue71 wrote:DD- I think Captmojo would agree with me on this- This thread is cathartic for those of us having a bad time more than anything. As I mentioned somewhere on here (another thread maybe?), y'all have been checking up on me more than my non-imaginary friends (and family, now that I think about it). Sometimes I just need to vent, and if no one here wants to read about it, please just say the word and I'll stop. But otherwise, I find it something of a release when I post about the bullshit of my life, especially when I feel very, very alone. It's me & Chloe against the world. Or in our cave. Or something like that.
Agreed. Whether folks wish to use this to vent, discuss their lousy experiences/situation, ask for advice, solicit prayers/vibes or all of the above is fine with me and it appears to be fine with "administration," too. (unlike on "another" board :roll: ) Once again, I am relieved and happy I opened this particular thread.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 28th, 2009, 5:23 pm

No complaints here, either. Lord knows I've bitched and moaned and groused to y'all before (I seem to recall about an 8-week period in late summer/early fall '08 when I had lots to whine about, and I didn't hesitate to do so over on the DBArr! :ar! , with no backlash from any of this great bunch.
But on balance, my read on things still is and always will be that life is good, dammit X( .