Re: Cluck, Cluck!

Post by Cheermom » December 11th, 2013, 2:33 am

We will be there, as will several of the cheer families :happy-cheerleaderkid:
CowboyDevil
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by CowboyDevil » December 12th, 2013, 7:49 pm

I will be at the CHICK FIL A Peach Bowl. Still working out the details.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, and a Happy Holiday Season!!!

Go Duke!!! Next Play!!! :duke:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 13th, 2013, 8:26 am

I've decided to stay home. :(
I will be watching from my couch though! With my show less than a month away, I need to get a good amount of framing done, and I know if I were at the game I'd be thinking how many paintings I could frame for the money I'm spending.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 13th, 2013, 8:55 am

Bud and I will be staying home. It to difficult doing the steps in Charlotte because of my knee. We will be cheering from Efland.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 15th, 2013, 9:39 am

What's the plural of CHIKIN? ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » December 18th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Lavabe wrote:What's the plural of CHIKIN? ;)
I believe it's "CHIKINZ", but don't quote me.
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » December 19th, 2013, 7:07 am

Here is information about the Duke Football Parents Tailgate. We have been invited to join them. In addition to the information in this link, the preliminary plan is that there will be grills and deep fryers to feed a crowd and people will be asked to bring a side dish and contribute to the cost of the meat. I will post more details as I get them. The important thing is to reserve your parking now if you will be driving to the game.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... nt_count=1
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 21st, 2013, 7:35 pm

Cheermom wrote:Here is information about the Duke Football Parents Tailgate. We have been invited to join them. In addition to the information in this link, the preliminary plan is that there will be grills and deep fryers to feed a crowd and people will be asked to bring a side dish and contribute to the cost of the meat. I will post more details as I get them. The important thing is to reserve your parking now if you will be driving to the game.
Cheermom,

Do you have any more info yet? I clicked on the link above, and then entered the link to the GWCC and the parking lots, http://www.gwcc.com/directions/parking/ but that map shows every lot EXCEPT the Brown lot. Where is it? And how far is it from the nearest MARTA station? We're thinking about taking the MARTA from our hotel in Buckhead to the stadium and tailgate, rather than driving to the Stadium and parking in the Brown lot. What time is the tailgate? Inquiring minds want to know! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » December 22nd, 2013, 11:46 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Cheermom wrote:Here is information about the Duke Football Parents Tailgate. We have been invited to join them. In addition to the information in this link, the preliminary plan is that there will be grills and deep fryers to feed a crowd and people will be asked to bring a side dish and contribute to the cost of the meat. I will post more details as I get them. The important thing is to reserve your parking now if you will be driving to the game.
Cheermom,

Do you have any more info yet? I clicked on the link above, and then entered the link to the GWCC and the parking lots, http://www.gwcc.com/directions/parking/ but that map shows every lot EXCEPT the Brown lot. Where is it? And how far is it from the nearest MARTA station? We're thinking about taking the MARTA from our hotel in Buckhead to the stadium and tailgate, rather than driving to the Stadium and parking in the Brown lot. What time is the tailgate? Inquiring minds want to know! :9f:
I will try to get more info tomorrow.

In the meantime, here are links to maps that show where the Brown lot and the MARTA Stations are located. It looks like there is a MARTA Station next to the Brown Lot.

Number 8 on this link is the Brown Lot and the box with the train that is labeled Arena/Dome/GWCC Station is the MARTA Station - http://www.gwcc.com/doc/Campus%20Parkin ... 3%20v2.pdf

The Brown Lot is at number 3 on this link and the Yellow Box labeled GWCC is the MARTA Station - http://www.gwcc.com/doc/GWCC%20loopfron ... 3%20v2.pdf

The GWCC Station is on the Blue/Green line so you will have to switch trains at Five Points. Here is a link to the MARTA map - http://www.itsmarta.com/rail-map.aspx
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » December 23rd, 2013, 12:50 pm

No bowl game for Stevo and me after all. Thank you NC state government. They have essentially privatized Medicaid and taken money from our patients and providers to line corporate pockets for "managing" our system. Our practice has 4 clinics in eastern NC and multiple providers. We were paid $36 for our October Medicaid billing and the November check was almost as pathetic. Because of the patient population we serve, we don't have enough privately insured billing to survive. I won't be paid until after the first. Happy effing holidays to us! Not. We have undergone audits and passed with flying colors. We do a lot of pro bono work and take good care of our patients despite the excessive new hoops and regulations they've forced on us. I think they want us out of business. If we can't take care of our patients, who are among the most seriously mentally ill, people will wonder why there is a rise in violence, suicide, and G-d knows what. Anyway, sorry for the public policy rant. I'm a little pissed off because Stevo and I can't afford to go to Atlanta, but hugely pissed off for my patients. We could use some CTN vibes. I hope our practice survives. Carry on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 23rd, 2013, 1:06 pm

DukePA wrote:No bowl game for Stevo and me after all. Thank you NC state government. They have essentially privatized Medicaid and taken money from our patients and providers to line corporate pockets for "managing" our system. Our practice has 4 clinics in eastern NC and multiple providers. We were paid $36 for our October Medicaid billing and the November check was almost as pathetic. Because of the patient population we serve, we don't have enough privately insured billing to survive. I won't be paid until after the first. Happy effing holidays to us! Not. We have undergone audits and passed with flying colors. We do a lot of pro bono work and take good care of our patients despite the excessive new hoops and regulations they've forced on us. I think they want us out of business. If we can't take care of our patients, who are among the most seriously mentally ill, people will wonder why there is a rise in violence, suicide, and G-d knows what. Anyway, sorry for the public policy rant. I'm a little pissed off because Stevo and I can't afford to go to Atlanta, but hugely pissed off for my patients. We could use some CTN vibes. I hope our practice survives. Carry on.
That sucks.

I'm vibing and praying for you and sending you gentle hugs.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 23rd, 2013, 1:13 pm

CathyCA wrote:
DukePA wrote:No bowl game for Stevo and me after all. Thank you NC state government. They have essentially privatized Medicaid and taken money from our patients and providers to line corporate pockets for "managing" our system. Our practice has 4 clinics in eastern NC and multiple providers. We were paid $36 for our October Medicaid billing and the November check was almost as pathetic. Because of the patient population we serve, we don't have enough privately insured billing to survive. I won't be paid until after the first. Happy effing holidays to us! Not. We have undergone audits and passed with flying colors. We do a lot of pro bono work and take good care of our patients despite the excessive new hoops and regulations they've forced on us. I think they want us out of business. If we can't take care of our patients, who are among the most seriously mentally ill, people will wonder why there is a rise in violence, suicide, and G-d knows what. Anyway, sorry for the public policy rant. I'm a little pissed off because Stevo and I can't afford to go to Atlanta, but hugely pissed off for my patients. We could use some CTN vibes. I hope our practice survives. Carry on.
That sucks.

I'm vibing and praying for you and sending you gentle hugs.

:9f:
Thank you <3
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » December 23rd, 2013, 1:34 pm

What you're describing is happening in many ways in many places. I keep wondering how long it will take for the general public who voted these clowns into power to realize what a mean spirited way these lawmakers and political hacks have interfered with the lives of real people. Don't get me started! This is Advent. ;;)
DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 23rd, 2013, 2:19 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
What you're describing is happening in many ways in many places. I keep wondering how long it will take for the general public who voted these clowns into power to realize what a mean spirited way these lawmakers and political hacks have interfered with the lives of real people. Don't get me started! This is Advent. ;;)
Right? I'm trying to use this time to focus on the beauty of the holiday season and recharge my emotional batteries. It's all going to be okay O:-) O:-) O:-)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 23rd, 2013, 7:52 pm

DPA, this is awful. One reason I have so much to do is because the idiots in power refuse to give mental health counseling to the people that need it, so they self-medicate, or just go totally off the beam. To get in with our local community services organization, it's a four week (or more) wait just for an assessment.

Vibes and prayers for you and your coworkers.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 23rd, 2013, 8:47 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:DPA, this is awful. One reason I have so much to do is because the idiots in power refuse to give mental health counseling to the people that need it, so they self-medicate, or just go totally off the beam. To get in with our local community services organization, it's a four week (or more) wait just for an assessment.

Vibes and prayers for you and your coworkers.
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » December 24th, 2013, 8:07 am

DPA - so sorry.
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: for everyone!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 24th, 2013, 12:02 pm

shereec wrote:DPA - so sorry.
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: for everyone!
Thank you, Sheree. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: I hope you're going to the game. Everyone who is, yell extra loud for us! I'm sending my tickets to EarlJam! I'm so happy he can use them! GO DUKE!!! :duke: :duke: :duke:
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » December 29th, 2013, 6:02 pm

The Green family will be camped out in front of the TV on New Year's Eve. The menu at our house will be:

Baked Ham
Green Beans
Sweet Potatoes
Potato Salad
Black-eyed Peas
Corn Bread
Peach Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream
Modelo Especial

and,

A DUKE VICTORY!!!

Flora's sister and her family will be visiting and enjoying the game with us.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 29th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Bob Green wrote:The Green family will be camped out in front of the TV on New Year's Eve. The menu at our house will be:

Baked Ham
Green Beans
Sweet Potatoes
Potato Salad
Black-eyed Peas
Corn Bread
Peach Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream
Modelo Especial

and,

A DUKE VICTORY!!!

Flora's sister and her family will be visiting and enjoying the game with us.
Perfect! GO DUKE!!!