DinK visit to Triangle area?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Re: DinK visit to Triangle area?

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 26th, 2009, 9:19 am

Been lurking and enjoying knowing that you've been having a beeeeeyoooteeeful weekend, Beach Babes! How "broad" minded of you to allow some of the left brains of the species (bless their hearts)to join you briefly. I hope they showed their appreciation by picking up the tab.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 26th, 2009, 10:19 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Been lurking and enjoying knowing that you've been having a beeeeeyoooteeeful weekend, Beach Babes! How "broad" minded of you to allow some of the left brains of the species (bless their hearts)to join you briefly. I hope they showed their appreciation by picking up the tab.

Love, Ima
No - but they did drive.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 27th, 2009, 8:31 am

Hope you made it back quickly and safely.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 27th, 2009, 9:12 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Hope you made it back quickly and safely.
Thanks, CB&B, for the thought.

Traveling is always an adventure! Flight from RDU had to return to the gate due to a baggage discrepancy. Then we had to top off the fuel. Finally arrived in Charlotte after boarding was supposed to have stopped on the next flight. Fortunately, there were 10+ folks on the RDU flight going on the KC flight so they held it. I did enjoy the upgrade to first class on that leg!

Thanks everyone for making time to come meet me. It is nice to have faces to go with both real names and our imaginary names.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 27th, 2009, 9:17 am

Glad you're home safe and had a good time, DinK! Now, we need pix! ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » July 27th, 2009, 9:28 am

DukieInKansas wrote:

Traveling is always an adventure! Flight from RDU had to return to the gate due to a baggage discrepancy. Then we had to top off the fuel. Finally arrived in Charlotte after boarding was supposed to have stopped on the next flight. Fortunately, there were 10+ folks on the RDU flight going on the KC flight so they held it. I did enjoy the upgrade to first class on that leg!

Thanks everyone for making time to come meet me. It is nice to have faces to go with both real names and our imaginary names.
Hey DinK, I'm sorry work had to crop up and I couldn't make it out. Maybe I'll see you at a brunchgate!?!

Doesn't it ever worry you when they top off the tanks at the airport? Happened to me a few weeks ago. "This is the captain speaking. The ground crew has decided to add a few thousand pounds more of fuel, so we're going to be here at the gate another few minutes before we push back."

What? Like they didn't calculate it correctly the first time? Or are they just guessing? Always freaks me out.
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 27th, 2009, 9:46 am

DukieInKansas wrote:

Glad you visited and the DD's had the chance to meet you. And you are returning for which BrunchgateS? :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » July 27th, 2009, 9:48 am

DukeUsul wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

Hey DinK, I'm sorry work had to crop up and I couldn't make it out. Maybe I'll see you at a brunchgate!?!

Doesn't it ever worry you when they top off the tanks at the airport? Happened to me a few weeks ago. "This is the captain speaking. The ground crew has decided to add a few thousand pounds more of fuel, so we're going to be here at the gate another few minutes before we push back."

What? Like they didn't calculate it correctly the first time? Or are they just guessing? Always freaks me out.
I'm hoping to make it to a brunchgate.

And I had the same thoughts about the fuel. It wasn't like we had taxied and sat for very long - I would assume less fuel is used when on the ground than when flying so they didn't have 40 extra minutes of idling time fuel available? What if we had to circle Charlotte if we had left on time? eeek!
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » July 27th, 2009, 9:50 am

devildeac wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

Glad you visited and the DD's had the chance to meet you. And you are returning for which BrunchgateS? :D

OOOOHHHH - a chance to answer the same question twice - thanks for the additional post.

I hope to make it to a brunchgate - but watch for me on the tv during Tilly's party as I'll be at KU cheering the Devils on to victory.

It was great meeting you, your lovely wife, and one of your daughters. I hope your recovery is coming along.
Life is good!