Don't Take Health Issues Lightly (And I Need Some Vibes)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: Don't Take Health Issues Lightly (And I Need Some Vibes)

Post by Lavabe » September 28th, 2013, 7:13 am

Here's to hoping you get going on physical therapy soon! :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » October 9th, 2013, 12:39 pm

We haven't heard from you in ages! What's going on? Sure hope its more healing! :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 13th, 2013, 8:07 pm

Sorry, been busy(ish) and haven't been online much.

I am still doing alright. The hole is completely closed and the scab has come off so I just have a scar on the ankle now, along with some discoloration in that area.

But the foot still hurts. Some days it feels like I have been hit with something (like being slashed with a hockey stick), others I have some minor shooting pains, and others I get the burning kind of pain that I had when the infection was present but much less severe than it was then. I also have less mobility in the foot than I did before all of this happened.

But when I think about how this whole thing could have turned out I am fine with the way things are now. Whenever I get bummed out about the current situation I just take a look at photos of my ankle when it was at its worst and that quickly reminds me of how things could have turned out and I realize that I would much rather have a sore foot than no foot at all!!!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 13th, 2013, 8:14 pm

Well hurrah for the healing that has taken place and boo for the residual limited ROM and discomfort. Have they offered any PT to rehab that ankle? Might be worth asking about and see what their opinion is. More vibes and hugs just for good measure! :wizard: :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 13th, 2013, 11:13 pm

IowaDevil wrote:Well hurrah for the healing that has taken place and boo for the residual limited ROM and discomfort. Have they offered any PT to rehab that ankle? Might be worth asking about and see what their opinion is. More vibes and hugs just for good measure! :wizard: :ymhug:

Yeah they mentioned PT but said they wanted it to settle down a bit first. I'll speak to my doctor about it at my next appointment.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 14th, 2013, 12:49 am

Sounds like some nerves might have been affected and haven't settled down yet. I hope they are able to get you going with some gentle stretching soon so you don't lose flexibility and mobility.

You're right that you've probably lost the dream of being in the New York City Ballet but, hey.

Everybody around here is happy you are so much better. Keep us in the loop.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe