Don't Take Health Issues Lightly (And I Need Some Vibes)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Re: Don't Take Health Issues Lightly (And I Need Some Vibes)

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 29th, 2013, 6:10 pm

You have definitely dodged a big ol' bullet! Congratulations on your outcome! And props to your docs! Those parking passes are great things! I try to always take the OP or DukeRah with me shopping so I can use theirs!!! And you should try to limp a little more and appear very helpless when using that cane. Folks will let you ahead in line and open doors for you and all kinds of good stuff!!! Enjoy!

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 29th, 2013, 7:04 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Colchar, I'm glad that you're down to band-aids now. I'm sending vibes, hugs and prayers that any lingering infection in the bone or anywhere else disappears completely and quickly!

:wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY:

:9f:

Ditto - along with flexible healing vibes to help with range of motion issues.
Double ditto!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 29th, 2013, 9:50 pm

Triple ditto from me too. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 29th, 2013, 10:25 pm

Quadruple ditto. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 14th, 2013, 11:30 pm

Just an update folks. Unfortunately, it isn't a good one.

As it turns out, I don’t think I got as lucky with my foot as I had thought. The pain had transitioned to feeling stiff and sore but last week it started feeling worse. When it was originally infected the pain was a stinging, burning type of pain but the pain that started last week felt like it had been smacked with something (sort of like it had been slashed with a hockey stick). I figured it was just the ligaments, tendons, etc. but the last few days a low grade stinging, burning pain has started up again.

It goes from an inch or two above my ankle to the middle of my foot (it hadn’t been to the middle of the foot when it was initially infected). When I have shoes on it is very uncomfortable on the top of the foot and that lasts the entire time I have the shoe on. With the initial infection I could only wear very loose socks, anything that was of even a normal tightness hurt too much to wear and this feeling when I have a shoe on is similar, just not nearly as intense. So, based on all of that, I am fairly certain that the infection has returned. Fuck me sideways....
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 15th, 2013, 6:34 am

colchar wrote:Just an update folks. Unfortunately, it isn't a good one.

As it turns out, I don’t think I got as lucky with my foot as I had thought. The pain had transitioned to feeling stiff and sore but last week it started feeling worse. When it was originally infected the pain was a stinging, burning type of pain but the pain that started last week felt like it had been smacked with something (sort of like it had been slashed with a hockey stick). I figured it was just the ligaments, tendons, etc. but the last few days a low grade stinging, burning pain has started up again.

It goes from an inch or two above my ankle to the middle of my foot (it hadn’t been to the middle of the foot when it was initially infected). When I have shoes on it is very uncomfortable on the top of the foot and that lasts the entire time I have the shoe on. With the initial infection I could only wear very loose socks, anything that was of even a normal tightness hurt too much to wear and this feeling when I have a shoe on is similar, just not nearly as intense. So, based on all of that, I am fairly certain that the infection has returned. Fuck me sideways....
Unless you have developed a neuropathy from nerve damage from the infection.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » September 15th, 2013, 8:19 am

Back to the doctor like yesterday my friend! Don't mess with this - you know what happens when you play macho man! Some vibes & hugs....
:wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 15th, 2013, 2:05 pm

Man, colchar, sorry to hear this.

Vibes and prayers that you can get to the bottom of this and get it behind you quickly.
Iron Duke #1471997.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 15th, 2013, 5:56 pm

devildeac wrote:

That is entirely possible as well. I was just making an educated guess based on how it is feeling. Either that or I was jumping to conclusions which is equally possible.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 15th, 2013, 7:45 pm

colchar wrote:
devildeac wrote:

Mine is an educated guess, too. A lot less serious one I would hope than re-infection or osteomyleitis, an infection that has spread to the bone. If you had nerve destruction form the original infection, the nerve/s that regenerate/s can cause some really unusual feelings like pain, numbness and tingling. I've seen it many times in my patients who have had their sternum sawed open for heart bypass and/or valve replacement surgery. They come in with some strange sensations in their upper chest and around the sternum as the nerves grow back. Keep us posted.
That is entirely possible as well. I was just making an educated guess based on how it is feeling. Either that or I was jumping to conclusions which is equally possible.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 15th, 2013, 8:41 pm

...I see a lot of 'educated' guesses...I do not see "I will be going back to doctor on ______ "

You are going to get your happy ass back to your doctor FIRST thing tomorrow? Right????
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 15th, 2013, 9:02 pm

windsor wrote:...I see a lot of 'educated' guesses...I do not see "I will be going back to doctor on ______ "

You are going to get your happy ass back to your doctor FIRST thing tomorrow? Right????

Sorry, I had meant to post that I will be calling his office tomorrow and setting an appointment for Tuesday morning. I thought I had said that in my earlier post but just read it again and realized that I hadn't. I am definitely not screwing around this time.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 15th, 2013, 9:07 pm

colchar wrote:
windsor wrote:...I see a lot of 'educated' guesses...I do not see "I will be going back to doctor on ______ "

Sorry, I had meant to post that I will be calling his office tomorrow and setting an appointment for Tuesday morning. I thought I had said that in my earlier post but just read it again and realized that I hadn't. I am definitely not screwing around this time.

this is good news. If you were not headed to the doctors you would find sharp pain in your OTHER leg. In the area of your shin, as the CTN lovelies took turns kicking some sense into you :D :D :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » September 15th, 2013, 9:24 pm

Ditto what Windsor says!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 15th, 2013, 9:55 pm

windsor wrote:
colchar wrote:

this is good news. If you were not headed to the doctors you would find sharp pain in your OTHER leg. In the area of your shin, as the CTN lovelies took turns kicking some sense into you :D :D :D

:)) :)) :))
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 15th, 2013, 10:21 pm

OK so we'll all be checking in on Tuesday for an update. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Love, Ima
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 16th, 2013, 6:03 pm

Late to the party. Praying and vibing for "good" news from tomorrow's appointment. "Good" being the least serious of causes for the pain.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 16th, 2013, 7:48 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Late to the party. Praying and vibing for "good" news from tomorrow's appointment. "Good" being the least serious of causes for the pain.
What DinK said. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 17th, 2013, 11:10 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:OK so we'll all be checking in on Tuesday for an update. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Love, Ima

The update will actually be on Thursday. When I called yesterday to set the appointment he was all booked today and is only in for a couple of hours Wednesday morning so I set my appointment for Thursday afternoon. I did speak to him when I called and he told me to go get some blood tests done (he had given me the requisition form earlier so that I didn't have to go see him just to get it) and that he will have the results by Thursday.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 17th, 2013, 7:44 pm

colchar wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:OK so we'll all be checking in on Tuesday for an update. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Love, Ima

The update will actually be on Thursday. When I called yesterday to set the appointment he was all booked today and is only in for a couple of hours Wednesday morning so I set my appointment for Thursday afternoon. I did speak to him when I called and he told me to go get some blood tests done (he had given me the requisition form earlier so that I didn't have to go see him just to get it) and that he will have the results by Thursday.
OK, I'll cut you some slack for now, but I'll be back on Thursday.
Love, Ima