Duke vs NCCU Section 21 Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

awhom111
Full Time Student at PWing school

Duke vs NCCU Section 21 Thread

Post by awhom111 » August 27th, 2013, 1:04 am

For those of us who are too far away to show up at Duke for a number of Fall weekends or are otherwise occupied, it is another season of chatting in Section 21.

Now I even get to be a registered user and have my name show up all proper-like. Or I could instead impersonate a certain chatter with a slightly more negative outlook on life and Duke sports...

Who else will be there?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke vs NCCU Section 21 Thread

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 27th, 2013, 8:15 am

awhom111 wrote:For those of us who are too far away to show up at Duke for a number of Fall weekends or are otherwise occupied, it is another season of chatting in Section 21.

Now I even get to be a registered user and have my name show up all proper-like. Or I could instead impersonate a certain chatter with a slightly more negative outlook on life and Duke sports...

Who else will be there?
ACTUALLLLLLY.......
Since we had so many issues with chat bot during bball season, I recreated 21, and removed it from the database of registered users. So you still won't show up all proper-like. But chatbot should not be so much of an asshole, either.

:-ss

This is the link for 21.
http://www.crazietalk.net/chat/
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 27th, 2013, 8:17 am

awhom111 wrote:For those of us who are too far away to show up at Duke for a number of Fall weekends or are otherwise occupied, it is another season of chatting in Section 21.

Who else will be there?
"...impersonate a certain chatter..."-funny stuff ;) .

I suspect with a home game on Saturday, most of the usual chatters (complainers? :ymblushing: ) will be at the game and Section 21 will be sparsely attended and you will have a front row and center seat. If you want updates during the game, feel free to PM almost any one of us and we will be happy to oblige. I've done that on more than one occasion to/for Lavabe and Ozzie when they were unable to attend.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » August 27th, 2013, 11:40 am

I hope to join you if I can coordinate local TV Duke broadcast and a connection to Section 21! Duke doesn't get any respect (or much football TV time) in the midwest unfortunately! See you there! LGD! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 27th, 2013, 3:40 pm

We could do Face Time with you from the Tailgate. That would be fun.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » August 27th, 2013, 5:06 pm

I'm game for that. Will PM my phone number and Law Grad has it too. :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 27th, 2013, 5:53 pm

I also will not be there. :( I'm going to try and get a radio station for the game. :duke:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 27th, 2013, 6:59 pm

I rarely use 21 since I'm not amphibious enough to watch, jump up and down, clap, scream, cry, cheer, read and type at the same time. I usually just check in once to say howdy during a time out. I'm sure that if I were in a remote territory my wide fanny would be plunked right in front of the computer screen and I'd be hanging on every word. It's a great place.

One warning to anybody tuning in for the first time, though. I've heard they are so tech savvy that they can see backwards into your monitor and tell whether or not you're wearing Duke Blue. And that's the truth. So attend games in appropriate attire.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
awhom111

Post by awhom111 » August 27th, 2013, 8:22 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

Who else will be there?
ACTUALLLLLLY.......
Since we had so many issues with chat bot during bball season, I recreated 21, and removed it from the database of registered users. So you still won't show up all proper-like. But chatbot should not be so much of an asshole, either.

This is the link for 21.
This leads to one very important question. How does this year's chatbot feel about OPK?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 27th, 2013, 9:03 pm

IowaDevil wrote:I'm game for that. Will PM my phone number and Law Grad has it too. :happy-bouncyblue:
I will have my iPhone charged and ready! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 27th, 2013, 10:44 pm

awhom111 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:

Who else will be there?
ACTUALLLLLLY.......

This is the link for 21.
This leads to one very important question. How does this year's chatbot feel about OPK?
Too soon to tell but we'll wait for your report and I'll PM OPK on Sunday as we'll be traveling to the coast right after the game and will be internet incognito for 2-3 hours.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 28th, 2013, 8:29 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:I'm game for that. Will PM my phone number and Law Grad has it too. :happy-bouncyblue:
This is going to be so much fun!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » August 28th, 2013, 9:36 am

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
This is going to be so much fun!

I can't wait! Will help me feel like I'm actually there with everyone! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 28th, 2013, 10:17 am

Reminder that when you go in to 21, just enter the name of your choice, and leave the password blank.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
awhom111

Post by awhom111 » August 31st, 2013, 10:51 pm

Chat worked pretty well. There were a few moments where it looked like people got knocked out.

Of course, it was a little bit empty, but I expect that to change next week.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » September 1st, 2013, 2:23 am

We might have been small in number but oh the conversations you missed if you weren't there! :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 1st, 2013, 8:05 am

awhom111 wrote:Chat worked pretty well. There were a few moments where it looked like people got knocked out.

Of course, it was a little bit empty, but I expect that to change next week.
That's good to know. Hopefully, when we fill the seats on-line this Saturday, it'll still work fine.