LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by bjornolf » August 16th, 2013, 5:44 am

CathyCA wrote:My next door neighbor's 19 year old son died last night. I spent part of the afternoon today in her kitchen, reminiscing about her incredibly smart (U. Penn), talented (cellist), and generous son. One of Alex's last wishes was to make sure that a young kid he had befriended in West Philadelphia got a cello, a bow and some cello lessons. His mom and I worked on that project some this afternoon.

I'm going to hug my kid a little tighter tonight.

Cancer bites.

:9f:
That is so sad. :ymhug: , :wizard: , and :YMPRAY: to you and the boy and his family. It sounds like heaven's gained another O:-) .
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 16th, 2013, 7:20 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Windsor, you and Lawgrad are going to be great role models for me. I'll have to take look at that program.

Have to brag - niece Ebeth won 6-2, 6-1 and will start the seson as the #1 singles player. That can change during the season but it is a great start.

Go Ebeth!! :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 16th, 2013, 7:25 am

ArkieDukie wrote:and now, for the next installment of "As the Bunsen Burns"

Apparently his research plan was full of holes because he didn't even understand the biological process he was studying, and he was crucified by his colleagues. One person (not Road Runner) told me that there were people visibly yawning during his presentation, and one person even left the room to get coffee. So, now the departmental faculty members have figured out that he has no clue scientifically. Eventually they'll figure out he also doesn't even understand the instrument that he's allegedly an expert on. The question remains, how much longer will it take before The Boss connects the dots?

When Road Runner was relaying all of this to me, she was postulating that WEC must have some sort of major blackmail material on The Boss. I have a theory that I relayed to Road Runner, and she liked it. I think that, somehow, they are related to each other by marriage. My theory is that The Boss' wife and Wile E. Coyote's wife are sisters. It could be a slightly more distant relationship, but I seriously suspect some sort of familial obligation. Either that, or he's finally got a clue and doesn't want to admit that he was wrong to bring this guy in.

Generally when you give people like WEC enough rope they will tie a noose, place it around their own necks and stand on rickety wobbly chair. It appears this is what is happening.

A familial connection is interesting. Is there anyway to verify that? Have the worked together elsewhere? Have you employed the marvelous powers of the web? I would seriously want to find this out. IF it turns out to be true it could be a most useful tidbit.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 16th, 2013, 7:31 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Windsor, you and Lawgrad are going to be great role models for me. I'll have to take look at that program.

Have to brag - niece Ebeth won 6-2, 6-1 and will start the seson as the #1 singles player. That can change during the season but it is a great start.
I'll join the party too, DinK. I have that app for my iPhone. Started it once and never finished due to some knee issues. Treadmill would be a good way to go.

Congratulations on your niece's victory! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
I am hanging with the treadmill, too. It is way easier on the knees than pavement. I'm not sure if the local High school has a track yet. It just opened last year. :9f:

I have just found the POOCH TO 5k. Training with your dog. Game on.

I am now seriously excited.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 16th, 2013, 7:57 am

windsor wrote:I have just found the POOCH TO 5k. Training with your dog. Game on.

POOCH to 5K? I need to have a chat with Merlin.

Last year at the Greensboro Gobbler (Thanksgiving morning) prior the 5K they had a 1 mile mutt run, and that looked like way more fun than the 5K. Maybe the boy and I can do that this year in lieu of the 5K. :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 16th, 2013, 9:27 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
windsor wrote:I have just found the POOCH TO 5k. Training with your dog. Game on.

Last year at the Greensboro Gobbler (Thanksgiving morning) prior the 5K they had a 1 mile mutt run, and that looked like way more fun than the 5K. Maybe the boy and I can do that this year in lieu of the 5K. :O3

The St Pete Times Turkey Trot is 3 (well 4 actually) races...the 10k Turkey Trot, the 5k Gobbler (broken into two group...the 'I am running, for real' and the "I am running/walking/dressed in a Turkey suit out to have fun"- start times are 20 minutes apart for these two- you did not get official l time for the second one and I believe the entry is a few dollars less) and the 1 mile Wing Ding.

I am looking at the dogs - clearly at one week shy of his 15th birthday Dylan Demon Poodle is out. So it is between Wizard and Jester. Jester needs the exercise more but Wizard is much easier to run/walk with PLUS he loves wear his backpack and carry our water etc.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 16th, 2013, 9:46 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Requesting tennis vibes for niece in PA - she plays a good friend tonight to determine the #1 and #2 singles players on the HS varsity team. I'm chewing my nails already.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I hope that your niece did well!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 16th, 2013, 9:48 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
CathyCA wrote:My next door neighbor's 19 year old son died last night. I spent part of the afternoon today in her kitchen, reminiscing about her incredibly smart (U. Penn), talented (cellist), and generous son. One of Alex's last wishes was to make sure that a young kid he had befriended in West Philadelphia got a cello, a bow and some cello lessons. His mom and I worked on that project some this afternoon.

I'm going to hug my kid a little tighter tonight.

Cancer bites.

A little late to the gathering here. It's been a heavy round of doc appointments around here with all three of my patients. But, as much as we are facing around here, NOTHING compares to this story. I'm so proud of my friend, Cathy, for her outgoing care of that mom. You came, you saw and you served her well. Please pass along our understanding and our sorrow shared when you next see her. She must be SO proud of that boy she raised.
Love, Ima
Thank you for those kind thoughts, Ima. When I left the house this morning, I noticed that someone had placed a bouquet of white flowers on my neighbor's front stoop. I'm certain that when she sees them, they will brighten her day. So many people love this family and loved Alex. He was a remarkable kid.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 16th, 2013, 9:50 am

YAY! :happy-cheerleaderkid:

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 16th, 2013, 9:51 am

lawgrad91 wrote:

THAT sounds like a fun plan!

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 16th, 2013, 11:42 am

While I was "working at home" (actually, on the treadmill at the gym) the s*** hit the fan, and the Midget Pervert announced he had turned in his signatures to be on the November ballot against Jethro.

We will live in interesting times until November. Seriously do not think MP is up to the task. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » August 16th, 2013, 12:37 pm

I take it Jethro is the one with no hair. :shifty: Which one is MP? W.O.W.jr. or the other one. The Henry County website doesn't have pictures. Let the mudslinging begin. :^o Enough research for the day, back to work. ;) AW. :D
lawgrad91 wrote:While I was "working at home" (actually, on the treadmill at the gym) the s*** hit the fan, and the Midget Pervert announced he had turned in his signatures to be on the November ballot against Jethro.

We will live in interesting times until November. Seriously do not think MP is up to the task. :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 16th, 2013, 2:20 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:While I was "working at home" (actually, on the treadmill at the gym) the s*** hit the fan, and the Midget Pervert announced he had turned in his signatures to be on the November ballot against Jethro.

How many days are left until you can pull full retirement?

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 16th, 2013, 2:40 pm

CathyCA wrote:

How many days are left until you can pull full retirement?

At last count I think it was 1200+ - in the mean time just take notes. This will all be good stuff in the tell all book you right. "Varnish Tarnish - Life and Times of a Prosecutor"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 16th, 2013, 3:26 pm

It must be piled high in and around the office.

My buddy just texted and said the MP (AW, and for those of you scoring at home, the midget is WOW, Jr. He claims to be 5'8" but if he is, I am the same height as Rodney Hood) has, in fact, not turned in his petitions, and now has decided not to because Jethro (yes, the young guy with no hair) would not give him a straight answer as to whether he would fire or not he would fire him. I know the answer to that question. The only reason he hasn't been fired before now in the reign of Jethro is that we are thin on attorneys and not allowed to hire until after Jan 1. We are supposed to have 5 lawyers (actually 6, but the ex boss gave back our money on one), and we have 4 and a part time guy that only does lower court.

1233 is the number du jour, but that's only for partial retirement. But fifty would be a good time for a career change....
Iron Duke #1471997.
August West

Post by August West » August 16th, 2013, 3:37 pm

One of these days when I'm in Henry County I'm going to go down and watch the Walmart felony parade down at the courthouse. See what percentage are sporting University of Numerous Cheaters gear. Probably pretty high. Some of the best free entertainment around is to go sit in court for a while and watch the parade of idiots. :bandit: AW. :D
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 16th, 2013, 5:35 pm

August West wrote:One of these days when I'm in Henry County I'm going to go down and watch the Walmart felony parade down at the courthouse. See what percentage are sporting University of Numerous Cheaters gear. Probably pretty high. Some of the best free entertainment around is to go sit in court for a while and watch the parade of idiots. :bandit: AW. :D

We could arrange a CTN viewing party! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 16th, 2013, 9:21 pm

LTE... what can I SAY. THE SHIFT KEY IS GONE AGAIN. :Boo: I'M SENDING VIBES TO ALL WHO NEED THEM AND PRAYERS TO EVERYONE.

WE ARE ENJOYING THE LITTLE TIME WE HAVE TO DO NOTHING, THAT ENDS TOMORROW MORNING. BUD WILL BE VERY BUSY UNTIL WE LEAVE NEXT FRI. WE HAD AN AWESOME DINNER TONIGHT. GRILLED SEA BASS. IT WAS SO GOOD. HUGS TO ALL OF YOU. :ymhug:

:YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 16th, 2013, 10:47 pm

windsor wrote:

Apparently his research plan was full of holes because he didn't even understand the biological process he was studying, and he was crucified by his colleagues. One person (not Road Runner) told me that there were people visibly yawning during his presentation, and one person even left the room to get coffee. So, now the departmental faculty members have figured out that he has no clue scientifically. Eventually they'll figure out he also doesn't even understand the instrument that he's allegedly an expert on. The question remains, how much longer will it take before The Boss connects the dots?

When Road Runner was relaying all of this to me, she was postulating that WEC must have some sort of major blackmail material on The Boss. I have a theory that I relayed to Road Runner, and she liked it. I think that, somehow, they are related to each other by marriage. My theory is that The Boss' wife and Wile E. Coyote's wife are sisters. It could be a slightly more distant relationship, but I seriously suspect some sort of familial obligation. Either that, or he's finally got a clue and doesn't want to admit that he was wrong to bring this guy in.
Generally when you give people like WEC enough rope they will tie a noose, place it around their own necks and stand on rickety wobbly chair. It appears this is what is happening.

A familial connection is interesting. Is there anyway to verify that? Have the worked together elsewhere? Have you employed the marvelous powers of the web? I would seriously want to find this out. IF it turns out to be true it could be a most useful tidbit.
Oh yes, they've worked together previously. The Boss worked with him at his previous institution. Wile E. Coyote was denied tenure shortly after The Boss left, so he 'recruited' him to our fine institution. The Boss tried to bring him in at the associate prof level, but the local promotion and tenure committee wisely vetoed that move.

MacGyver says that The Boss normally steps in when WEC is "getting his ass handed to him," but I'm not sure whether or not that happened here. Will have to ask Road Runner when she returns from her trip. All she really said was that it was bad.

I have not yet employed the marvelous powers of the web. I'm not sure whether or not I have enough information on hand to start my search, but I can probably figure it out. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 17th, 2013, 10:54 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote:

Oh yes, they've worked together previously. The Boss worked with him at his previous institution. Wile E. Coyote was denied tenure shortly after The Boss left, so he 'recruited' him to our fine institution. The Boss tried to bring him in at the associate prof level, but the local promotion and tenure committee wisely vetoed that move.

MacGyver says that The Boss normally steps in when WEC is "getting his ass handed to him," but I'm not sure whether or not that happened here. Will have to ask Road Runner when she returns from her trip. All she really said was that it was bad.

I have not yet employed the marvelous powers of the web. I'm not sure whether or not I have enough information on hand to start my search, but I can probably figure it out. :ymdevil:
if you have names you have enough. previous locations are a bonus, as are spouses first names, alma mater etc. Work with local property appraiser records to get spouse names. Marriage license applications are generally public record. Search all legal and court records. It is pretty easy, unless one of them his John Smith or Jose Garcia...