Don't Take Health Issues Lightly (And I Need Some Vibes)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: Don't Take Health Issues Lightly (And I Need Some Vibes)

Post by Lavabe » August 12th, 2013, 10:33 pm

Continued NASCAR vibes!
:wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 12th, 2013, 11:39 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Best news you could have given us. Soooooo glad you got on this when you did!!!! Continuing vibes for pain relief and steady progress! You're on your way!
Love, Ima

I was a complete and utter moron for leaving it as long as I did. Just a complete and utter moron.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 12th, 2013, 11:40 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:WhAT A RELIEF. (THE SHIFT KEY AGAIN SUCKS) I HOPE I HAVE TIME SOON TO GET IT FIXED.)
HOPING YOU CONTINUE GETTING BETTER.

I've got a sticky shift key too - it is a pain in the arse. But from my current perspective, a pain in the arse is better than a pain in the foot :D
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 13th, 2013, 10:22 am

Great news, Colchar. Continuing the healing prayers and vibes from Kansas.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 13th, 2013, 2:30 pm

YAY! That is good news, Colchar!

I'm sending you 50 Percocet vibes:

:chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill:
:chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 14th, 2013, 11:11 am

Not much new to report, except that I am beyond frustrated with this whole experience and cannot wait until I am fully healed up. Unfortunately, that isn't going to be happening anytime soon. Hopefully the pain will disappear though so that it is just an inconvenience rather than an impediment.

Then again, the nurse measured the depth of the wound yesterday and she did say that it was down to .5cm in depth. It had been 1.2cm (but it was the portion that was tunneling that was measured at 1.2cm), then .9cm, and was .7cm when the surgeon measured it at the wound clinic so I guess it only being .5cm now is a good sign. But if it is healing at a rate of approximately .1cm per week (I might have miscalculated my dates, and therefore my math might be off, as I am nicely stoned on Percocet at the moment :D ) I've got about another five weeks before it closes up. The length and width of the wound (a full 1cm each) haven't changed but these things heal from the inside so I expect that the diameter will stay as it is for a while.

Because it is on the outside ankle it is difficult for me to get a good look at the wound so I snap a photo with my Blackberry every time the nurse has the dressing off. When I compare the photo that I took in the emergency room (I can post it here for anyone masochistic enough to want to see it :)) ) to the photo that I took yesterday, it is easy to see just how far this thing has come so, despite being as frustrated as I am, I just need to keep reminding myself that I could be in a lot worse shape than I am at the moment.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 14th, 2013, 10:57 pm

Thanks for the update, colchar! It's good to hear that the healing is progressing so well. Sending vibes that the positive direction continues and the time passes quickly for you. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f:

Oh, and don't tell EarlJam you've got Percocet. He might want to come visit you for an extended length of time. ;)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » August 15th, 2013, 8:31 am

So glad to hear that despite being VERY slow, healing progress is happening! That is a very good thing. Patience will come in handy about now...oh, and some more Percocet too! Healing Vibes and hugs.

:wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 15th, 2013, 8:42 am

Don't worry about the pace... so long as you are healing!
:wizard: :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 15th, 2013, 2:44 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Thanks for the update, colchar! It's good to hear that the healing is progressing so well. Sending vibes that the positive direction continues and the time passes quickly for you. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f:

Oh, and don't tell EarlJam you've got Percocet. He might want to come visit you for an extended length of time. ;)

What she said - even down to the EJ part. I didn't post it because I didn't want to draw his attention to the possibilities. ;)
Life is good!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 15th, 2013, 4:24 pm

After all these weeks I finally got a hot nurse! The nurse that had been coming regularly is swamped with clients in the evenings so I've had a different nurse the last few visits and today an beautiful young one showed up :x

Normally I am hoping that they won't be inflicting any more pain than is absolutely necessary, and I do have to say that they have all been very good and have done their best to minimize any pain caused, but with this one today all I could think of was that she could do anything she wanted to me!

I lie on a bed in the spare bedroom for the procedure so that I can put a towel down to catch any discharge from the wound (blood, puss, whatever) and it took all of my self-control to prevent myself for inviting her to have a wee lie down with me :-* I could demonstrate the rest of my thought process with smilies but since this is a family forum I'll refrain from doing so :D

Luckily for me, this is the nurse who will be coming for my appointments on Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday. If I get really lucky she'll continue past then as well :x
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 15th, 2013, 4:40 pm

colchar wrote:After all these weeks I finally got a hot nurse! The nurse that had been coming regularly is swamped with clients in the evenings so I've had a different nurse the last few visits and today an beautiful young one showed up :x

Normally I am hoping that they won't be inflicting any more pain than is absolutely necessary, and I do have to say that they have all been very good and have done their best to minimize any pain caused, but with this one today all I could think of was that she could do anything she wanted to me!

I lie on a bed in the spare bedroom for the procedure so that I can put a towel down to catch any discharge from the wound (blood, puss, whatever) and it took all of my self-control to prevent myself for inviting her to have a wee lie down with me :-* I could demonstrate the rest of my thought process with smilies but since this is a family forum I'll refrain from doing so :D

You better hope MIL Windsor doesn't read this.

Glad you are finding the bright spots. :D

Continued healing prayers and vibes from Kansas. And I'll add :x vibes too.

:YMPRAY: :wizard: :x :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :x :wizard:

Luckily for me, this is the nurse who will be coming for my appointments on Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday. If I get really lucky she'll continue past then as well :x
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 15th, 2013, 11:10 pm

colchar wrote:After all these weeks I finally got a hot nurse! The nurse that had been coming regularly is swamped with clients in the evenings so I've had a different nurse the last few visits and today an beautiful young one showed up :x

Vibes for continued healing AND continued eye candy. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 16th, 2013, 8:40 am

Well, I was about to point out to you that the healing process will speed up moving forward from here, but now perhaps you're willing to have it take a while.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 16th, 2013, 9:45 am

Are you sure that the "hot nurse" isn't a result of all of the drugs you've been taking?

I hope you continue to improve, Colchar!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2013, 2:32 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Are you sure that the "hot nurse" isn't a result of all of the drugs you've been taking?

I hope you continue to improve, Colchar!

Percocet goggles?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 16th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Nope, no percocet goggles as I wasn't drugged up when she arrived.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2013, 4:02 pm

colchar wrote:Nope, no percocet goggles as I wasn't drugged up when she arrived.
Excellent!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2013, 5:17 pm

colchar wrote:I lie on a bed in the spare bedroom for the procedure so that I can put a towel down to catch any discharge from the wound (blood, puss, whatever)
Pus has to be one of the most disgusting words in the English language. :ymsick:
Hot nurse and healing vibes to you!! :wizard:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » August 17th, 2013, 9:12 pm

You have to be getting better when your update discusses the Hot Nurse before the condition of your ankle! Continued vibes & hugs for healing, more Percocet when you need it and Hot Nurses the rest of the healing time!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: