Don't Take Health Issues Lightly (And I Need Some Vibes)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: Don't Take Health Issues Lightly (And I Need Some Vibes)

Post by colchar » July 21st, 2013, 4:14 pm

I just came back from having the dressing changed again. There was a ton of blood and puss inside the bandage and she said the area around the wound looked redder than it had been when she saw me two days ago but at least she did say that most of the yellow material inside it (dead skin mainly) seemed to be gone.

When I go back on Tuesday she is going to bring in another nurse who has specific training in this kind of wound to let her have a look at it. I'm not looking forward to that appointment as I damned near hit the ceiling when she repacked the wound today. She also said that I should ask the doctor about getting it scanned to make sure nothing has made its way down to the ankle bone.

And it doesn't look like this will be clearing up anytime soon as she said that I can expect to be going in there for at least the next 6-8 weeks.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 21st, 2013, 5:16 pm

Ouch, Colchar!

I'm still vibing and praying for you!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 21st, 2013, 6:29 pm

CathyCA wrote:Ouch, Colchar!

Can't say it better than CathyCA did.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 21st, 2013, 8:08 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

My sentiments exactly as well.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 22nd, 2013, 1:00 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

My sentiments exactly as well.

Ditto from Kansas. Hang in there, Colchar.
Life is good!
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » July 22nd, 2013, 1:13 am

Oy vey, Colchar. That sounds just bloody awful. I hope the antibiotics won't keep you from enjoying a round of whisky and some good music to take your mind off things for awhile. Sending healing vibe and good thoughts your way.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 22nd, 2013, 10:15 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Oy vey, Colchar. That sounds just bloody awful. I hope the antibiotics won't keep you from enjoying a round of whisky and some good music to take your mind off things for awhile. Sending healing vibe and good thoughts your way.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I quit drinking so wouldn't be enjoying any whiskey anyway. Maybe I should start drinking again.......

If I could find a comfortable position to sit in I could at least mess around playing guitar but I can't even do that at the moment. And sitting normally, with my feet on the floor, hurts like hell so that isn't an option. I need to find a way to prop the foot up comfortably on the couch so that I can lean back and play some guitar. That might not be good for technique, but at least it will be something.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » July 22nd, 2013, 10:40 am

Ditto from Iowa and more vibes & hugs! :wizard: :ymhug:
Hang in there!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 22nd, 2013, 9:59 pm

I take it, you haven't heard from the doctor about what you infection is. If you don't hear from him by noon, I would call them. Still vibing for you :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 22nd, 2013, 10:53 pm

Continued vibes and prayers and hugs from Kansas.
Life is good!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 23rd, 2013, 11:46 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I take it, you haven't heard from the doctor about what you infection is. If you don't hear from him by noon, I would call them. Still vibing for you :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Sorry, forgot to update - I heard from him yesterday and it is strep. As you can guess, I am thrilled. I am going to have x-rays and some other kind of scan done (him being a dermatologist, it is out of his area so he sent the info to my family doctor and it is him who will decide which scan to do) to make sure there is no problem with the ankle bone itself.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » July 23rd, 2013, 3:31 pm

colchar wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I take it, you haven't heard from the doctor about what you infection is. If you don't hear from him by noon, I would call them. Still vibing for you :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Sorry, forgot to update - I heard from him yesterday and it is strep. As you can guess, I am thrilled. I am going to have x-rays and some other kind of scan done (him being a dermatologist, it is out of his area so he sent the info to my family doctor and it is him who will decide which scan to do) to make sure there is no problem with the ankle bone itself.
Continued prayers for good news - I hope the scans/tests show no involvement with the bone itself and that the healing process speeds up.
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 23rd, 2013, 4:51 pm

Very good. Now, get to healing!!!! :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 23rd, 2013, 5:40 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
colchar wrote:

Continued prayers for good news - I hope the scans/tests show no involvement with the bone itself and that the healing process speeds up.

The nurses (there were two of them dealing with it today) said they are actually quite concerned that the wound has gone down to the bone. At Thursday's appointment they are giving me a letter to take to my family doctor who I see next Monday (he is on vacation this week so, although I can normally get a same day or next day appointment, I'll have to wait until then to see him). The told me that if the red inflamed area (the infected area) spreads I am to go straight to the emergency room. They even drew a line in pen around the area and said that, if it reaches that line, to get myself into hospital.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 23rd, 2013, 6:23 pm

Oooh. Continued vibes and prayers and best wishes, Colchar.
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » July 23rd, 2013, 7:51 pm

And another heavy dose of vibes & hugs! :wizard: :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » July 23rd, 2013, 9:55 pm

More prayers from Kansas.
Life is good!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 23rd, 2013, 10:18 pm

Thanks all, I'll keep you posted but this does not look like it is clearing up anytime soon.

:swear: :angry-banghead:
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2013, 10:36 pm

colchar wrote:Thanks all, I'll keep you posted but this does not look like it is clearing up anytime soon.

:swear: :angry-banghead:
I suspect you will have a bone scan done with the injection of a radioactive tracer. An MRI may be useful, too. But I'm not a radiologist, so I'm not sure which would be more accurate.

Continued best wishes for you to heal quickly and with less pain each day.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 23rd, 2013, 11:11 pm

Still vibing for you, Colchar.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith