PJ Hairston...Unc Dumbass, suspended from team

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: PJ Hairston... Unc player arrested

Post by devildeac » July 12th, 2013, 8:35 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Bob Green wrote:Pack Pride is blowing up about some PM which contains explosive information:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=178&f=25 ... 96225&p=44

"Thanks for the PM. UNC is toast."

"That is what we call a headshot. Good day sir."

"holy crap! Thanks for the PM. That one is gonna leave a mark. I can't believe they were that stupid."
Too bad we don't know the contents of the PM. Can't wait for the alleged big story to hit. :9f:
Hoax/giant practical joke or real and when do we find out?

:whistle: :whistle: :-w :-w
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 13th, 2013, 6:21 am

I can just hear the cheers, over and over and over again in the Smith Center or Kenan Stadium next year:

CAR---------HEELS

CAR---------HEELS

Or, maybe even in Cameron...

Heh-heh.

:D

Native-are you reading?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 13th, 2013, 8:21 am

devildeac wrote:I can just hear the cheers, over and over and over again in the Smith Center or Kenan Stadium next year:

CAR---------HEELS

CAR---------HEELS

Heh-heh.

Native-are you reading?
I admit to having the same thought. I bet the Crazies will be all over it. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » July 14th, 2013, 10:52 am

devildeac wrote:I can just hear the cheers, over and over and over again in the Smith Center or Kenan Stadium next year:

CAR---------HEELS

CAR---------HEELS

Heh-heh.

Native-are you reading?
We'll have to think of a way to make sure the "CAR" part comes across instead of "TAR".

But it's certainly in bounds. The good news is that good o'l PJ has given us plenty of time.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 14th, 2013, 1:05 pm

Native wrote:

CAR---------HEELS

CAR---------HEELS

Heh-heh.

Native-are you reading?
We'll have to think of a way to make sure the "CAR" part comes across instead of "TAR".

But it's certainly in bounds. The good news is that good o'l PJ has given us plenty of time.
Make sure that you yell it lound enough so it comes across his tv speakers, that's the only way he'll hear it.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 14th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Native wrote:

CAR---------HEELS

CAR---------HEELS

Heh-heh.

Native-are you reading?

Have the grad students hold up a sign that says "CAR" and the u-grads a sign that says "HEELS" (or "WHEELS" :ymdevil: )

Just don't mention anything about his grandma.

;;) :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 14th, 2013, 4:17 pm

devildeac wrote:
Native wrote:

CAR---------HEELS

CAR---------HEELS

Heh-heh.

"Like" :ymdevil:

Native-are you reading?

Have the grad students hold up a sign that says "CAR" and the u-grads a sign that says "HEELS" (or "WHEELS" :ymdevil: )

Just don't mention anything about his grandma.

;;) :D
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 14th, 2013, 5:01 pm

The "bed time" sign didn't do us any good last year. I'm wondering whether or not anybody from "Big High School" or "The University of Noncompliance" can even read 'em.

Much in the same method as "Oh Baby" and "D--FENCE", maybe everybody needs to bring toy cars and shoes to point up heels first to hold up alternately. Real wheels would work too. I can hardly wait.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 14th, 2013, 5:13 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:The "bed time" sign didn't do us any good last year. I'm wondering whether or not anybody from "Big High School" or "The University of Noncompliance" can even read 'em.

Much in the same method as "Oh Baby" and "D--FENCE", maybe everybody needs to bring toy cars and shoes to point up heels first to hold up alternately. Real wheels would work too. I can hardly wait.

Love, Ima
If they throw toy cars onto the floor, they'll provoke a new Avuncular Letter from Uncle Wienie. :ymdevil: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 14th, 2013, 8:03 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:The "bed time" sign didn't do us any good last year. I'm wondering whether or not anybody from "Big High School" or "The University of Noncompliance" can even read 'em.

Love, Ima
If they throw toy cars onto the floor, they'll provoke a new Avuncular Letter from Uncle Wienie. :ymdevil: :9f:
I'm definitely not advocating throwing anything. Just raising the cars overhead as they yell "CAR" and the wheels or heels in the air when they yell "Wheels" or "Heels".

No throwing ANYthing ever.
Love, Ima
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 14th, 2013, 10:36 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Love, Ima
I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything or I'd be cleaning off my laptop! Uncle Wienie is too perfect.
Life is good!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 15th, 2013, 9:20 am

I think that name is a derivative of the name the students call him. Li'l Dick.
Love, Ima
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 15th, 2013, 9:41 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I think that name is a derivative of the name the students call him. Li'l Dick.
Love, Ima
That may be true, but that's what I call him after meeting him a couple of times and hearing him speak. He just comes across to me as a wienie. :)) :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 15th, 2013, 11:00 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I think that name is a derivative of the name the students call him. Li'l Dick.
Love, Ima
That may be true, but that's what I call him after meeting him a couple of times and hearing him speak. He just comes across to me as a wienie. :)) :9f:
The man has no social skills.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Native

Post by Native » July 15th, 2013, 2:12 pm

Love, Ima
Regardless, I am SO looking forward to "Drive Home Safely".
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 15th, 2013, 3:52 pm

Native wrote:

Love, Ima
Yup! It's made to order!
Love, Ima
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 15th, 2013, 6:35 pm

A few questions come to mind about PJ:

1. Do D-1 BBall players typically take classes over the summer or not? If they do, why isn't PJ in class this summer?
2. Where is home for PJ?
3. If he isn't in class and home is not in the Triangle area, where is he living? Who is paying for it?

He may be local and/or independently wealthy, in which case he has every reason to be in the area. If not, would someone (individual, business, university) paying for his living arrangements while not in school be a permissible benefit?
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 15th, 2013, 6:46 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:A few questions come to mind about PJ:

1. Do D-1 BBall players typically take classes over the summer or not? If they do, why isn't PJ in class this summer?
2. Where is home for PJ?
3. If he isn't in class and home is not in the Triangle area, where is he living? Who is paying for it?

He may be local and/or independently wealthy, in which case he has every reason to be in the area. If not, would someone (individual, business, university) paying for his living arrangements while not in school be a permissible benefit?
He is from Greensboro, that's about all I can tell you.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 15th, 2013, 8:01 pm

Native wrote:

Love, Ima
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Hadn't even thought about that, which is why you're the brilliant current Crazie and I'm the old-timer who is a huge fan of your work.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 15th, 2013, 8:59 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:A few questions come to mind about PJ:

2. Where is home for PJ?

He is from Greensboro, that's about all I can tell you.
His address (on the DPD police report) is Oak Ridge. I google mapped the house and it's very nice, in an extremely nice neighborhood. Supposedly it's a rental. FWIW, median household income for Oak Ridge is $106K/yr, median house price is $342K. Not sure how long his family has been there; typically Oak Ridge kids go to Northwest (Guilford) and he went to Dudley until he transferred his senior year to Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, VA. I don't think Dudley has the academic reputation of Northwest, and it's certainly not in the same geographical area.

I wonder if his parents' living arrangements would put Reggie Bush's situation to shame. If you recall, Reggie had to give up the Heisman because of the family's getting a sweet deal on a residence. I don't know what his parents do. Maybe they make enough money to justify the house.

The school has said PJ is not in summer school. He was supposed to play basketball over the summer (University Games, maybe? I can't recall) but a mysterious back injury caused him to withdraw. Whatever his back problem, it didn't keep him from shotgunning beer at Masonboro over the Fourth. I can't speak to whether student-athletes are normally in school over the summer. The Duke kids I follow on Twitter seem to be in school. I would guess that some basketball players miss a summer session to play for their national teams in various tournaments, but if they aren't involved, I would think they would be in school.

A lot of kids whose family circumstances are limited get Section 8 housing allowances over the summer and stay in apartments at the school. From the look of his house (and I will see if I can link to it), the family shouldn't be in those straits.

:9f: (and a funny aside: someone hacked PJ's Wikipedia page. It was cleaned up, but it still says his nickname is "Fats.") :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.