LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 23rd, 2009, 1:38 am

As an artist I've come full circle tonight. EJ owns a print of the beginning. I've painted the end tonight, and they match perfectly. As an artist I can say I am fully back. I can also say EJ is awesome because he bought a signed print of the beginning. Hell....EJ is awesome anyways.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » July 23rd, 2009, 3:06 am

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:One day I'm gonna teach DD how to quote correctly.
One day.
I will admit, I do have some serious problems with quotes, quote tags and the like. I'll take you up on your tutorial some time. I'll provide the learning liquids... :))
It's very simple. It's like algebra and parenthesis - they have to match up in even pairs.

You must make sure is there's an opening and a closing tag around each quote.

The opening tag is (minus the spaces): [ quote ]

the closing: [ /quote ]

For every opening, there must be a corresponding closing. So, if you see [ quote ] [ quote ] [ quote ], you must also have [ /quote ] [ /quote ] [ /quote ] , or it won't display properly.

For most of your editing jobs, you probably just accidently deleted a bracket.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 23rd, 2009, 7:55 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
devildeac wrote: I will admit, I do have some serious problems with quotes, quote tags and the like. I'll take you up on your tutorial some time. I'll provide the learning liquids... :))
It's very simple. It's like algebra and parenthesis - they have to match up in even pairs.

For every opening, there must be a corresponding closing. So, if you see [ quote ] [ quote ] [ quote ], you must also have [ /quote ] [ /quote ] [ /quote ] , or it won't display properly.

"Dammit, Jim, he's a doctor, not a mathematician!" =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 23rd, 2009, 10:52 am

devildeac wrote:This is actually amazing. I went to bed last PM 1 lousy post behind behind bjornolf and sat down tonight at CT and I'm 35-40 posts behind again. The man is a machine... ;)
I'll slow down for a few days, let you catch up. I really DON'T like being #1. Too much pressure. Plus, I like you, so I don't want you to feel bad about yourself. I just got a few extras from my thread about passing through town and the funny pictures of my kids and Michael's birthday. I try not to post JUST to post, so I should be slowing down a little for a while. Unless somebody wants to start a Harry Potter #6 thread, in which case I'll go nuts again. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 23rd, 2009, 11:49 am

I'm hungry.

Sue71, how are you feeling?
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 23rd, 2009, 12:41 pm

bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote:This is actually amazing. I went to bed last PM 1 lousy post behind behind bjornolf and sat down tonight at CT and I'm 35-40 posts behind again. The man is a machine... ;)
I'll slow down for a few days, let you catch up. I really DON'T like being #1. Too much pressure. Plus, I like you, so I don't want you to feel bad about yourself. I just got a few extras from my thread about passing through town and the funny pictures of my kids and Michael's birthday. I try not to post JUST to post, so I should be slowing down a little for a while. Unless somebody wants to start a Harry Potter #6 thread, in which case I'll go nuts again. ;)

%%-
I AM trying to pass my post count over on DBR, though, which I'm less than 100 posts from accomplishing. So that probably means a few more days of whoring for me! ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 23rd, 2009, 12:49 pm

bjornolf wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-
I AM trying to pass my post count over on DBR, though, which I'm less than 100 posts from accomplishing. So that probably means a few more days of whoring for me! ;)

%%-
You know, you don't HAVE to whore.
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 23rd, 2009, 1:18 pm

I just love the term. I don't think I really whore. I only post if I think I have something to add to the discussion. The only time I ever straight up PW'd was when I was trying to get to 500 posts. I posted, I think it was, seven in a row, each post with one word, the total of which was a complete sentence. I was NOT the only person doing that at the time. DD, on the other hand, will respond to EVERY single well-wisher for his birthday or anniversary individually, admitting it as a PWing tactic. He even admitted to STARTING one of those threads JUST to help his PW-ing addiction. I have not stooped to either of those tactics. ;) Though he has some great ideas, I'll admit. Like I said a few months ago, I've really only been doing it cause I wanted to be the first person with over 1000 posts over on DBR to pass his DBR count over here. I'm sure my per diem post count will drop dramatically then. I really do love this site, though, and I only post if I really think I have something to add, which probably tells you something about my ego. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 23rd, 2009, 3:02 pm

bjornolf wrote:The only time I ever straight up PW'd was when I was trying to get to 500 posts.
...and now. :o)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 23rd, 2009, 3:06 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I'm hungry.
You could have had rice & beans (in various ways) for the last 6 meals.

Whoops... add in salty scrambled eggs and rice.
:ymsick:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » July 23rd, 2009, 3:18 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I'm hungry.

Sue71, how are you feeling?

Thanks for asking.

Sad. Crappy.

Now back to your regularly scheduled funfest.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 23rd, 2009, 3:31 pm

Hey guys. I've been kind of incommunicado for the past week or so, but I've been rather busy archiving, visiting home for a hot minute, and very possibly falling in love.
Other good news (especially for bjornolf and Ozzie ;) ): my birthday is in a couple of weeks, and I've informed everyone that I want to pool all of my gifts and just get one really nice new camera. My only stipulation was that I could get it a little early, so as to document this fairest of cities. Pics are forthcoming; I may be getting my new toy as early as tonight.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 23rd, 2009, 3:43 pm

wilson wrote:Hey guys. I've been kind of incommunicado for the past week or so, but I've been rather busy archiving, visiting home for a hot minute, and very possibly falling in love.
Other good news (especially for bjornolf and Ozzie ;) ): my birthday is in a couple of weeks, and I've informed everyone that I want to pool all of my gifts and just get one really nice new camera. My only stipulation was that I could get it a little early, so as to document this fairest of cities. Pics are forthcoming; I may be getting my new toy as early as tonight.
All I know is...
YOU CAN'T HAVE MY CAMERA!!

I mean literally, unless you got bucks to spend in travel and replacement cost. But I can certainly rave about my Canon EOS50D.

Will this post count as an advertisement for the Canon EOS 50D? If so, will I be banned? :-B
Cheers (and many happy days photographing),
Lavabe

P.S. Falling in love? HUH? :-o :ymparty: :ymapplause:
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » July 23rd, 2009, 4:00 pm

Lavabe wrote:
wilson wrote:Hey guys. I've been kind of incommunicado for the past week or so, but I've been rather busy archiving, visiting home for a hot minute, and very possibly falling in love.
All I know is...
YOU CAN'T HAVE MY CAMERA!!

I mean literally, unless you got bucks to spend in travel and replacement cost. But I can certainly rave about my Canon EOS50D.

Will this post count as an advertisement for the Canon EOS 50D? If so, will I be banned? :-B
Lavabe

NO, you will not be banned! Me thinks you are suffering a little Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome courtesy of a hu-"mungo" moderator :-?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 23rd, 2009, 4:01 pm

Lavabe wrote: YOU CAN'T HAVE MY CAMERA!!

Lavabe
That one's a little steep for me, but I'm looking long & hard at the EOS line.
P.S. Falling in love? HUH? :-o :ymparty: :ymapplause:
O:-) B-) :ar! \:D/
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 23rd, 2009, 5:06 pm

Looking down the page, I see DD has returned, out from surgery.
What a trooper! \:D/
What a PW! (Oh. Not just yet)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2009, 5:30 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:One day I'm gonna teach DD how to quote correctly.
One day.
I will admit, I do have some serious problems with quotes, quote tags and the like. I'll take you up on your tutorial some time. I'll provide the learning liquids... :))

That helps some. I think I kinda, sorta understand. :oops:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2009, 5:32 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:
devildeac wrote: I will admit, I do have some serious problems with quotes, quote tags and the like. I'll take you up on your tutorial some time. I'll provide the learning liquids... :))

"Dammit, Jim, he's a doctor, not a mathematician!" =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

:)) =)) =))

I think Ozzie used a quote/example like that before only he invoked "engineer" in some fashion. :)) :))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2009, 5:34 pm

bjornolf wrote:

%%-
Why slow down? Drafting is fun...

How do you think I got to >6000 on the DBR? I had the opportunity to draft with masters (or mistresses :roll: :oops: ) like breen, Lavabe, Ymo and DA... :)) :))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2009, 5:35 pm

bjornolf wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-

%%-
So am I... :roll: :oops: :))