Flirting with a past addiction

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Flirting with a past addiction

Post by Bob Green » June 20th, 2013, 7:36 pm

My coworkers beat me down until I relented...yes, after 12 years being addiction free, I was talked into taking the plunge...so I went to a golf course and hit balls at the driving range. It was fun! :) I'm not sure that is a good thing. :?: I've never been able to hit an iron in the fairway worth a damn, but now I'm hearing they have these new fangled hybrid clubs which combine the best qualities of an iron and a wood so you never have to take a 3, 4, or 5 iron out of your bag again. Hmmm, perhaps I need one of those...like I said - - an addiction. Anyone know of a nice 7 Wood for sale? Addiction, addiction, addiction!

How is it such a totally infuriating game, which I am not very good at so much fun to play? :question mark:

Like Will Rogers stated, "Golf is a good walk ruined." =))
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Flirting with a past addiction

Post by IowaDevil » June 20th, 2013, 8:56 pm

I am 6 years free of the addiction - don't be tempting me! :whistle:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 20th, 2013, 9:08 pm

I started taking group lessons a couple weeks ago after having played twice in 7 years. I'm okay with the long iron, can't hit any of the woods at all.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 20th, 2013, 11:01 pm

I don't think I've played for about 12 years. Don't tempt me...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 20th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Bob Green wrote:My coworkers beat me down until I relented...yes, after 12 years being addiction free, I was talked into taking the plunge...so I went to a golf course and hit balls at the driving range. It was fun! :) I'm not sure that is a good thing. :?: I've never been able to hit an iron in the fairway worth a damn, but now I'm hearing they have these new fangled hybrid clubs which combine the best qualities of an iron and a wood so you never have to take a 3, 4, or 5 iron out of your bag again. Hmmm, perhaps I need one of those...like I said - - an addiction. Anyone know of a nice 7 Wood for sale? Addiction, addiction, addiction!

How is it such a totally infuriating game, which I am not very good at so much fun to play? :question mark:

And I thought you were gonna talk about your beautiful, tall blonde (brunette, redhead) girlfriend from high school (college). ;;)
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 21st, 2013, 7:21 am

Mr. Windsor (who plays most Sat and Sun mornings) loves his hybrid. I do not play. We agreed long ago that dog shows were my thing, golf was his and neither of us would venture into the others hobby.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 21st, 2013, 8:12 am

Julie and I play in the cooler months when time allows. She gets her money's worth since she takes a mulligan just about every shot. I figure she plays 2 rounds for the price of one.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 21st, 2013, 8:53 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Julie and I play in the cooler months when time allows. She gets her money's worth since she takes a mulligan just about every shot. I figure she plays 2 rounds for the price of one.
Similar to the way I used to play. Hit tee shot 200 yards-150 forward and 50 yards into woods. Drive cart to point of exit. Walk around, look for ball, find or don't find, take penalty shot, take drop. Hit another 200 yards. Repeat above process. A 6500 yard course becomes a 13,000 yard walk for me, or a 7-8 mile stroll. Or more :ymblushing: .
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » June 21st, 2013, 10:43 pm

I bought more yarn today. One of my favorite stores is closing. I went earlier in the month when they first announced it when all yarn was just 25% off. It's now down to 50% off. I don't want the store to close. But I got 10 balls of a cashmere silk blend yarn for 60% off because I got an extra 10% for buying all they had left.

Is this an appropriate response to this thread?
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 22nd, 2013, 5:14 am

Bostondevil wrote:I bought more yarn today. One of my favorite stores is closing. I went earlier in the month when they first announced it when all yarn was just 25% off. It's now down to 50% off. I don't want the store to close. But I got 10 balls of a cashmere silk blend yarn for 60% off because I got an extra 10% for buying all they had left.

Kinda...though some (ok, ok, me) would contend that you aren't flirting with a past addiction but you are still all out hooked by it.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 22nd, 2013, 6:02 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:I bought more yarn today. One of my favorite stores is closing. I went earlier in the month when they first announced it when all yarn was just 25% off. It's now down to 50% off. I don't want the store to close. But I got 10 balls of a cashmere silk blend yarn for 60% off because I got an extra 10% for buying all they had left.

Kinda...though some (ok, ok, me) would contend that you aren't flirting with a past addiction but are still all out hooked by it.
=)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » June 22nd, 2013, 8:14 am

YmoBeThere wrote:

Kinda...though some (ok, ok, me) would contend that you aren't flirting with a past addiction but you are still all out hooked by it.
Yeah, I took "past" to be a joke. Was I wrong? ;)
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 22nd, 2013, 11:20 am

YmoBeThere wrote:

Sheesh, what knit picking. :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 24th, 2013, 3:27 pm

devildeac wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:[quote="
Sheesh, what knit picking. :ymhug:
:)) =)) =)) :ymdevil:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 24th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Group lessons have helped my golf game.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 4th, 2013, 4:24 pm

Bob Green wrote:

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/28/golf-good-walk/
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » July 18th, 2013, 5:50 pm

I had a very successful trip to the driving range working on my fairway woods. With a tendency to push shots to the right, I've opened up my stance, which has resulted in success hitting the ball straight. Fairway woods are my strength...long irons never leave my bag. Consistency with the driver is going to take more time as I hit a couple of nice ones and then shank a couple.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 18th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Bob Green wrote:I had a very successful trip to the driving range working on my fairway woods. With a tendency to push shots to the right, I've opened up my stance, which has resulted in success hitting the ball straight. Fairway woods are my strength...long irons never leave my bag. Consistency with the driver is going to take more time as I hit a couple of nice ones and then shank a couple.
\:d/ :Clap:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 2nd, 2013, 2:11 pm

Making PJ should take up Golf!!!! Can't drive 93 in a Golf Cart!!! No license checks on the golf course!!!! No Holloway Street to cross over. You can throw your Club down (instead of your Gun). And you can Smoke or drink what you want to while driving your Golf Cart..... The Golf Police won't be looking for you!!!

The Summer of PJ........... continues

On the news, PJ did not show up for court this morning, in Durham. His attorney got the case continued until September. Imagine that!!!!!

GTHC