The David Cutcliffe Radio Show

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

The Football Fan
Part Time Student at PWing school

The David Cutcliffe Radio Show

Post by The Football Fan » July 1st, 2013, 10:14 pm

I was already a fan of the David Glen show. I haven't heard it in a few years as I don't live in NC anymore, but he generally offered some insight lacking from most radio shows. Sometimes it was something on the legal side of things that he could explain. There were some shows that I just thought he gave the story behind the story better than others. However, while there's some risk in having a coach do your show...I think it's obvious Coach Cut is entertaining and he's going to roll the dice. I just wonder why....

This may be great free PR for Duke and the football program, but really, who asked for this? Was it David Glen or Coach that pushed it. Coach gets PR and a forum to demonstrate that personality to a wide audience in NC, but the show is on around 12ish if I remember, so recruits will be in school. They wouldn't hear it. Perhaps some coaches would though, so maybe that's the reason for doing it, but that doesn't fit either as he knows most of the good high school coaches in NC already. They already have an opinion of him and Duke. Hard to say how much this would help that perception. Maybe he's trying to get in the ear of parents who may otherwise not get to know his personality. It could also backfire as some people have trouble being themselves with an echo in the background. Yet, he's done so many interviews, I think his personality will shine as a host...still... bold move. Or...did David Glen just think, wow this guy would be great and Mark Thomas is busy this week.

I guess it doesn't matter why. I would Soooooo love to hear this broadcast. If there's any recording of it, I would pay to hear it. I get a few Friday's off here and there, if it took me a 2 months to hear it all, I'd do it. Please somebody out there listen in and tell me how it went.

http://duke.247sports.com/Article/Cutcl ... y-2-137453

What type of an impact do you think this has/can have? None, some, what cha think?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: The David Cutcliffe Radio Show

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 2nd, 2013, 10:17 am

The Football Fan wrote:
http://duke.247sports.com/Article/Cutcl ... y-2-137453

What type of an impact do you think this has/can have? None, some, what cha think?
Without going through the list, I can't say for certain, but I would google each of those stations to see if they don't have a live stream link. They often will.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
dpslaw

Post by dpslaw » July 2nd, 2013, 3:37 pm

Podcasts for the David Glenn show are posted daily. Check his website or twitter feed.

GoDuke will also post a link, I would think.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » July 21st, 2013, 11:12 am

Coach Cut does a great job at the Live Radio Shows at the Washington Duke during Football Season!!!!!